Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
College general education?

Are any of you in college or university? If so...I have a question. If you aren't a liberal arts major, do you have to take an inordinate amount of general education classes (P.E.'s, humanities/history if you are science, science if you are humanities)?

I'm a Physics major but I'm required to take so many fucking generals on top of my core classes which are difficult enough. Perhaps the biggest thing that irks me is that I probably won't use the knowledge I gain from them at all in life; at most, I will probably recall a few tidbits but will a whole class worth of general crap really enlighten me? I don't think so.

May be it's just my university, or is it something all of you guys have to go through? (if that's the case, may be it's not so bad after all)
bye / bad luck and have boredom

it's something everyone has to go though, and it's stupid. as far as I'm concerned, highschool is where general education *should* happen, and then college is where you *should* focus on a specific field.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Hoops, I hear one jumps through them even if it feels stupid. I never got this but it's a common life thing I guess. Dodgy
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Yeah, screw all of the compulsory humanities bullshit!

(01-01-2012, 03:18 AM)theShadow Wrote: it's something everyone has to go though, and it's stupid. as far as I'm concerned, highschool is where general education *should* happen, and then college is where you *should* focus on a specific field.

Didn't happen for me :/ I guess that comes in graduate school then...sigh.

Nice illustrations ls Tongue
bye / bad luck and have boredom