Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Erebus tries Second Life

Two weeks ago, Erebus got fed up with having to fight in the arenas all the time. He wanted a little peace and a fun place to relax, to take a break from Xonotic and all the shooting. After some searching, he decided that a good place would be the Second Life virtual world, especially the open-source grids. So he took himself a vacation from all the fighting, and went to try out the experience of being a SL avatar.

Technical part: A while ago, Second Life implemented mesh support for avatars, allowing meshes to get rigged to the avatar skeleton and worn. Since the models in Xonotic are GPL, I ported Erebus and the pony / vixen models as a test. Surprisingly, I rigged and exported them quite easily in Blender. I merged the normal texture and glow texture, and glow doesn't look too bad either. So for the sake of lulz and science, enjoy Smile

[Image: z163kl0g40cux0b4bzqg_thumb.jpg] [Image: iyorgv4tvkpunuo4eib_thumb.jpg] [Image: vpt3oblwowor6v9fyxtl_thumb.jpg] [Image: fqg74ps9gbsu33i5mw5i_thumb.jpg] [Image: zbmr1u7l4o0kkerxyc_thumb.jpg]

Lookin' good Tongue
Maybe some Machinima could be made using this virtual world?

Haha nice
bye / bad luck and have boredom

lol I wonder if he can bunnyhop and ski around the place.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(01-02-2012, 06:13 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: lol I wonder if he can bunnyhop and ski around the place.

Movement in SL is very laggy and barely has any prediction. But if you want to, you can Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last half-second frag to force overtime soze 10 13,836 05-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Last Post: soze