Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Assault] Warehouses

Download: http://bit.ly/xy0WVs

Assault map. Recommended for 5vs5 matches. Maybe 3vs3 would work too but with less players it'd feel empty.

Maximum number of players: 32.

Number of objetives: 3 (4 destructable objects in total)

More info inside the pk3 file.

Some screenshots:

[Image: axjteb_th.jpg]

[Image: 2hwz6yx_th.jpg]

[Image: 350sdut_th.jpg]

[Image: 2mpeiyv_th.jpg]

[Image: 2qlxy6h_th.jpg]

[Image: 2w6ykns_th.jpg]

[Image: 2pq2no0_th.jpg]

Nice map, but it has a problem (or maybe it's a game bug): occasionally half of the map just disappears randomly for a second. It gets pretty annoying.

I'll attach a screenshot with the issue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I played it single player ... tossed in a handful of bots ... set myself as attacking
I works very well

-- map is well thought out
-- attackers must get out of veicals to get to targets (because entrances are too small) <-- thats a good thing
-- map is small yet complicated...
-- well placed turrets help defenders (especially that one that hidden behind the stairs)
-- bots understand it (its single-player ready Big Grin )
-- its an urban style map! (not a facility)

what the map needs
-- a back story ... i personally think that all maps should have a back story
-- something other that a wall for the border ... its a little plain in my opinion... but thats not mandatory

-------------hutty's score sheet-----------
+1 Graphics -- did I see some custom textures in there too ?
+1 Gameplay -- fast intense xonotic-like
+2 Gamemode -- Assault with Vehicals(i still cant spell that work)
+1 Sound -- Music choice is great ... fits well
+0 Environment -- I like the whole Warehouse feel too it, but what is beyond the course would really help boost this.

------------

TOTAL == 5/5

thats an A+
------------------------------------------------

Great Map ! keep up the good work

edit:::::

i posted 4 min after rafallus so I didnt respond in my main post --- anyways
I did not experience any dissapearing map problems on my system

I am using xonotic 0.5 on a (quite broken) opensuse 12.1 install

i suggest rafallus tell us
-- his xonotic version
-- if the problem only happens in a certain place in the map
--where on his filesystem he put the pk3 file
--other system info

(01-17-2012, 06:40 PM)rafallus Wrote: Nice map, but it has a problem (or maybe it's a game bug): occasionally half of the map just disappears randomly for a second. It gets pretty annoying.

No problems here like that.

But 2 people have told me that they dont see the "destroy"/"defend" labels in assault mode (its on all the assault maps), it has something to do with waypoints ASAP, they were with default settings but that's all i know Confused

Quote:-- map is well thought out

-- well placed turrets help defenders (especially that one that hidden behind the stairs)

I had to do a lot of planning and add stuff to block visibility in some parts like, for example, from the roof of the first building most of the attackers base is not seen. Also with the turrets, i had to move them a lot of times and use some helpers to block their range, i'm gald you like them Tongue

Quote:-- map is small yet complicated...
-- bots understand it (its single-player ready )
-- its an urban style map! (not a facility)

It was planned to increase the difficulty on every objective for attackers.

First is hard to defend easy to attack

Second is 50-50

Third one becomes hard to attack once one of the objectives (top or bottom) is destroyed or at least i think that's how it is.

Bots.... were a pain and i think they still are, there are times when in the middle of a corridor they stop to never move again even if they have waypoints very close to them Undecided
Anyway i think its the same on every mode and soon will be fixed...

Quote:-- attackers must get out of veicals to get to targets (because entrances are too small) <-- thats a good thing

Vehicles are intended as support for the attack. Only the objective in the very bottom of the map is reachable inside a vehicle, defenders must think how to overcome that problem Angel

However, once attackers destroy the turrets it becomes very easy to win, thats why i added the flying vehicle for the defenders Smile

Quote:what the map needs
-- a back story ... i personally think that all maps should have a back story
-- something other that a wall for the border ... its a little plain in my opinion... but thats not mandatory

They're some warehouses in the middle of nowhere.... its a great story already!!! Tongue

And the border.... i think the same Undecided The skybox textures are big enough (2048x2048) for more world, i just didnt know what to add Huh

The big containers and brown boxes are indeed custom textures, they only have normal map and some of them gloss map. I have no idea how to create the reflect map and the script so that it looks better Sad

Interesting, this assault map has vehicles on it. Gonna have to download it.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Very nice. Would Assault be something for a public server too?

As far as i know this is the second Assault map in total.
So imo an assault server would become dull in a short time.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

This is the 3rd assault map actually, there is actually 4 if you included the one cortez was doing, but I don't know if he finished it?

I think it'd get quite popular though, especially as this map has vehicles on them, and there is a mixture of non vehicle and vehicle maps Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

number 1
techassault from savagex and myself

number 2
onarail from savagex and myself

number 3
Safe-District from forseti

number 4
this map
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Yes I think it would be a fun mod too, especially with vehicles and for new players. Fits more the gameplay you get in modern shooters nowadays and I haven't seen anything similar in sauerbraten/open arena/warsow. When I've finished my exams I'll have a closer look on that.

I've played this map several times, this time around on 32-bit exec (first run was on a 64-bit one), problem did not appear again. I may try several times on 64-bit as well later.

I an running 64 bit and do not see any problems (I am on a 64 bit machine though)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  assault maps Kotangens 4 2,844 07-20-2020, 08:02 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [Assault] Safe-District forseti 5 8,133 06-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Last Post: end user
  4 maps by forseti (3 assault, 1 CTF) forseti 13 12,683 06-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Last Post: end user
  An Assault map concept (updated 11th Dec.) ThePWTULN 25 26,326 03-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Last Post: theShadow