Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DM] Fracture b1

what xonotic has is misnamed. generally, story mode and campaign are considered to be the same thing. class Unreal had a campaign, quake 4 had a campaign, xonotic has a bunch of meaningless pre-configured bot matches.

Don't get me wrong, our campaign IS good to have. it serves as a tutorial to lean the basics of the game, but nothing more. (thats what it should be called: the tutorial)

I also don't think a "real" campaign is possible here. there just aren't enough people that care enough about it to make it a reality. about the best we could do is something like marathon (Linear levels with planned combats at specified points, and the story being told in the form of terminal messages). This could be pretty cool if done well, but I'm afraid it would still end up as nothing more than an afterthought.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

i should rename that that thread. it's all about bots now.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Actually there's a better solution to stop the bot talk, but you chose to ignore that so...

^You mean to bite the bullet and just add the damn waypoints?

Just stumbled over this thread, I thought it was about Cortez's really cool new map.

I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?

Am I missing something here?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

wondering why no in the bleach thread complained about way point, maybe they where too busy complaining about a missing map source
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

it's boring to complain about the same stuff in all of your threads Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Well yeah, one thing at a time.

Let's not derail, now we're back on the topic of the map if Cortez choses so. Direct your general complaints about Cortez' politics to a separate thread.