Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tuba, tuba, tuba (and akkordeon too!)

(11-19-2020, 04:06 AM)Halogene Wrote: I was playing a local game on Xoylent :o)
With fast runs I mean things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx3gcOpGnsQ
...ok I'm exaggerating, but even if I'd play that on 0.25 speed it wouldn't register properly. Anything faster than "are you sleeping" is troublesome :o/ and the tuba plays with like 0,2 secs lag which makes it really awkward to play in the first place. It feels like... ever seen the experiment of people wearing VR glasses and having artificial lag on their view? That's sort of the visual analogon to how it feels :oD
But as I said, it would be really displaced to expect Xonotic to work like a latency free synthesizer. I figure that's not what developers were focussing on when coding :o) I love the mere function of piping midi controls through to Xonotic, just awesome!

Not sure how much the latency would affect the music, but I've always hoped to have a "live concert". I did a few songs in Xoylent rooftop (I actually played songs from Fiddler on the Roof) but that space is quite limited (one would fall off so it requires constant adjusting).

Anyway, any music friendly map for this? Perhaps I can revive my server to host it and people can have a live concert together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I like the tuba -z- 19 18,267 01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Halogene