Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dubstepping

Long time no see! So how's it going, forums?

I've been trying to make dubstep for quite some time, but I think I'm on the right track.

This track, to be specific.

Codenamed "The D Files", it features some nice ringmod wobbles and one drop with its beatdown section. It's really simple, but I think it might evolve.

Please welcome The D Files!
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

hi , yea , i can hear quite a few good ideas in that little track mate,

deff needs a better seq of the sounds , but again ME LIKES!

i would also love to have a go at arranging the sounds too , maybe a few of us could , possibly as a little music comp (if not this then we should do another comp one day.. IM TALKING TO ALL OF YOU MUSIC NERDS!)

anyway , i shall keep an eye on ya track mink , when ya done with it you should get it on soundcloud too

t

:^

Sounds interesting.

The beginning is very catchy. I think the drums at 0:13 are a bit to hard. Is it possible to soften them a bit? I mean only when they start. And the distortion beginning at 0:42 sounds strange. But nevertheless its a kind of fascinating Big Grin
The mind is like a parachute, it only works, if it is open!

(02-03-2012, 09:16 AM)chooksta Wrote: when ya done with it you should get it on soundcloud too

t

Would love to, but SoundCloud doesn't think Firefox 11 (yeah, I'm from the future) + Flash 10 is the newest combo and tells me to "update". Hell, even the uploader doesn't work.

Also, what would you improve? Maybe the wobble? Should I add another one (pure sine)? Scrap this one and start over?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Get Flash 11.
4m038105 - Be the change.

mink , all the sounds are fine to me , but i think its the arrangement, try making up a little story in ya head to help.

for example :

the sun sets , all settles , then an increasing rumble , from the shadows appear the glowing eyes of the mink monster (heheh) , then OUT HE JUMPS! (fanfare) , awesome super %100 Minkovsky raises his surgeon hands and then he drops them! (cue dROP , PHAT BEATS)
then he buys a sandwich and has a walk (figure it out :p )

er..

so you know , try to tell a story in ya tunes (or dont , you could be like me and set about making a tune with no thought/process/direction Big Grin )

good luck mate , keep up the awesome work.

t

btw , firefox11 ? try firechicken9000

or use another browser!

(02-03-2012, 07:51 PM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: Get Flash 11.

Actually, I looked in the Plugins window, and saw conflicting versions: 10 and 11. With 10 disabled, everything runs smoothly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music The Second Coming of Dubstepping Minkovsky 1 2,552 02-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Last Post: chooksta