Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arena shooters!!!

So you can see what my name is. I've been playing arena shooters since unreal tournament 99, tried really hard to get into quake 3 arena, now trying really hard to get into Quake live. Played a LOT of UT 2k4 back in the day, nearly daily for that matter, as well as the original Team Fortress and CS 1.6 (started way back in the beta, when the sniper rifles still had cross-hairs when unzoomed Big Grin)

So I was getting bored the other day and decided "I WANT TO PLAY AN ARENA SHOOTER DAMMIT!!! I DON'T CARE HOW TERRIBLE UT3 IS!!!" UT3 was still bad. So I googled "New Arena Shooter" and what do I find? Nexuiz. Not the original, but the console/steam game being released sometime this year. That lead me to alien trap (i love them, know some of the artists there, and capsized was awesome) and LO, a free, polished, balanced arena shooter on the Alien Trap website. My prayers were answered.

When a little birdy told me about Xonotic. Prettier, smoother frame rate, and more dynamic movement.

Now I don't know all the politics surrounding this new fangled Nexuiz-y thing, but I am always for the community.

Which brings me to my first question... When the hell to people play either of these games? I haven't seen many people on nexuiz, and I haven't seen more than 2 or 3 on xonotic.

Though having fun fragging bots and getting used to the mechanics. If you guys have a regular time to play, let me know, or a link... I'll look around the forums for something of that nature.
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1877

oh hey, answered my own question. coolio. I'll be hitting you guys up later when i'm on my home pc.
Can't wait to meet up with everyone Smile

edit: NA player btdub

Welcome!!

Welcome to Xonotic, NDeR!

Xonotic, at least now, isn't a popular game. This is mainly because there is no advertising yet, and the current version is just 0.5. (But 0.6 will be released this month Smile)

Going to irc indeed should help you, but things have become better since that post. If you just join a server there is quite a big chance mor people will join.
And a new release always is a very good player boost Big Grin

Hope to see you in game,
Mepper

hello ... Xonotic is just new thats all ... there are already more players than back in the 0.1 days.

Welcome. Prepare to be addicted! Big Grin

Hello and welcome to Xonotic NDeR! Big Grin

Welcome.

IRC QuakeNet: #xonotic.pickup , #xonotic

(02-07-2012, 04:20 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Welcome. Prepare to be addicted! Big Grin

Hoo Hoo Smile already am!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, what is the drama between illfonic and nexuiz? I can't find much other than "there may be legal proceedings perhaps" sort of statements.

(02-07-2012, 05:14 PM)NDeR Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what is the drama between illfonic and nexuiz? I can't find much other than "there may be legal proceedings perhaps" sort of statements.

I guess this is a good summary: http://www.xonotic.org/the-game/faq/#Wha...rom_Nexuiz

Edit: Someone could fix the URLs to AT forum maybe - http://archive.alienTRAP.org/forum/viewt...f=4&t=6079 +
http://archive.alienTRAP.org/forum/viewt...f=7#p76108

I asked -Z- to fix that a couple of times already, without success, and have given up on this a couple of months ago... :o(
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Howdy and Welcome!!!!

Oh, I'm being rude! Welcome to Xonotic!!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

brool lifestory and welcome to xonotic!

(02-08-2012, 02:44 AM)Halogene Wrote: Oh, I'm being rude!

as always meh, grow up Halogene...
Wink
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Welcome to Xonotic! Have fun!
(02-08-2012, 12:10 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 02:44 AM)Halogene Wrote: Oh, I'm being rude!

as always meh, grow up Halogene...
Wink

And Kuniu: You'd better brush your teeth Big Grin <-mine are white and shiny. See? Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello shooters Zellut 4 3,418 07-02-2012, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Maddin