Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUG] Nexball 'Bombing run' oddities

I've given red-planet and courtfun a shot in Nexball mode. Few things:

1) Ball carrier can easily switch and fire weapons (that's probably not how it should be). In fact, on pickup weapon doesn't even change to ball launcher.
2) Goals aren't clearly marked on either of those maps.
3) I see names of bots from opposing team, along with their health, through the walls, as if they were my own team.
4) Probably intended, but why no laser?

On the plus side, icons for Nexball (and other modes that missed them) now appear correctly.

well both maps arent made for nexball, the entities are just added. in my opinion they are not suitable for that mod.

try maps from the nexball mapping contest instead. they should work much better.

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2280
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I found some more. See console, happens next to base on red-planet.

@Cortez

Thx for reply, actually played quite a few of them, but as far as I understand, there are 3 different types of nexball:

1)Soccer like
2)Basketball like (grab and throw)
3)Bombing run (like 2, but with other weapons)

Courtfun and red-planet are type 3), and all mine observations are relevant only to this "bombing run" mode.

EDIT: actually, health bars are visible for opposing team in all 3 modes, but since you don't frag in first two of them, it's less relevant.

BTW, what's that bar with 99 and nuke on it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

UPDATE:

You now no longer can switch weapons while carrying the ball... unless you pick them up as new while carrying one. Also, when you drop/shoot the ball, you lose those new weapons.

Also, you can drop ball gun with G, which makes no sense, especially while carrying the ball itself. On attached screenshot I dropped it while carrying the ball, but it probably should never be possible to be dropped. Also, ball oddly gets in the view as you rotate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please post on the dev tracker, bug reports in the forum get lost.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Cannot run game anymore after new git update Bloodthorn 2 2,821 07-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Bloodthorn
  [SOLVED] run a local CTS BuddyFriendGuy 7 6,242 12-25-2017, 12:06 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] Im to stupid to run NetRadiant under Linux HirnloserHering 3 4,374 08-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
  [SOLVED] What must be in the pk3 order to run the map? Brot 10 9,052 08-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Brot
  [SOLVED] Run via darkplaces? Zerock 12 14,742 03-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [NEEDS INFO] Can i run this ? The Glutton 1 2,444 03-23-2015, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  [NEEDS INFO] Unable to run Xonotic game in PC-BSD 10.0.2 faisal6309 5 6,164 07-30-2014, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] Can't run dedicated server over Wireless? LukeLC 11 13,892 01-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Last Post: SHiNKiROU