Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] mind dump (again)

a bit game destroying stuff
-----------------------------
- games starting without waiting, first player that joins(sometimes me) has a free cap/weapon, that way, game is ruined even before it starts, server should wait at least for 1:1, 2:2 if possible
- autobalance - yes I know, even though, allowing players to join larger team when they are winning is NOT ok
- noobs regularly join (ever since ancient times) and look around confusingly, once some retard screamed hacks and vulgarities and was gone forever. players download game, and for some reason they Never play SP, so they have no idea what the game is about or they think overkill is xonotic, etc - some kind of tutorial for MP is really needed

random thoughts (not that important or in any order)
- server capable of ons/as (is there any?)
- server browser chat hooked to irc, for matchmaking and stuff
- crylink secondary is really not good, it is too weak for serious play, maybe no bouncing off and more damage(?)
- electro dealing larger damage/area when fired near people standing in water (logical)
- votable mutators - chance for players to "repair" bad games, or removing bots for example
- weapon pickup randomization mutator (like UT)
- (maybe mutator) holding ctrl for faster descent
- double jupm? Big Grin
- pickup/mutator - rear facing mirror
- game type selector in 2 columns, cause it looks bad now
- double domination? Confused
- whatever happened to the rest of the announcer? triple-kill etc ?
- different colorization for teams - (other than red/blue), red-green, orange-blue, violet-green etc, not sure if maps would remain compatible -colors, but smt like neons should work

- games starting without waiting, first player that joins(sometimes me) has a free cap/weapon, that way, game is ruined even before it starts, server should wait at least for 1:1, 2:2 if possible
- autobalance - yes I know, even though, allowing players to join larger team when they are winning is NOT ok
- noobs regularly join (ever since ancient times) and look around confusingly, once some retard screamed hacks and vulgarities and was gone forever. players download game, and for some reason they Never play SP, so they have no idea what the game is about or they think overkill is xonotic, etc - some kind of tutorial for MP is really needed
- server browser chat hooked to irc, for matchmaking and stuff

Agreed with all of these, especially on the IRC being hooked into the server browser and a tutorial. I actually did a bit of datamining somewhere (won't name where) and found that two major problems with this game right now are setting up matches and learning how to play it. From what I've read most people assume the game is dead and on the rare occasion some newbie jumps into a game, they get raped and never return as they aren't familiar with the mechanics you won't find in any other less than 15 year old shooter. Someone also said that they would like to have some sort of match-making in the game, though I think IRC being built into the game (and by default being connected to the IRC matchmaking channel, options to connect ot other channels should also be there) would be an excellent way to do it as it would offer more freedom than your usual match making and give clans, teams, and communities a good way to communicate when setting up matches. Putting IRC in the game though may be a bit tricky from what I understand, though I aint a coder so I wouldn't know.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

For the first point, don't we have a "ready" function? In any case, don't assume that everybody is present on a match start, sometimes people are afk. You don't want the game to wait for an afk player or a troll to start.

problem is, there ARE enough noobs, I check the servers every other day. Problem is, most of them ignore you, I always try to talk to them, to show them basics, but some just play like it is quake and then disconnect. They do not realize what the game is about, they dont even check the sp out, if they did they would realize it sooner or later.
I dont know if there are general player statistics, but if there are, they would show it. Its not normal for a game to have noobs but nor regulars.

@Mr.Bougo servers know if there are players connecting/downloading, as I said, 1:1 at the same time should be enough, waiting for 5 seconds would solve this anyway.

(02-09-2012, 12:00 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: For the first point, don't we have a "ready" function? In any case, don't assume that everybody is present on a match start, sometimes people are afk. You don't want the game to wait for an afk player or a troll to start.

Maybe wait for an equal number of players/one player of each team to "ready"?

Auto-ready after a few seconds I guess.

but sometimes I want to practice while waiting for others .... also ... playing alone is the easiest way to practice/attempt to get the fastest cap speed record without teammates constantly chewing you out for falling off the edge with the flag 1 million times.

io Urban terror forces you to watch a tutorial.
it's terrible.

Perhaps we could offer a notification if a player opens the 'multiplayer' window before playing through the tutorial. something like "You have not yet played through the tutorial, would you like to before playing online" in a dialogue would be cool.

Im not sure if something like that isn't actually present, but I have no idea because that was long ago

also, forgot this:
- while zoomed, mousewheel to change zoom level

Actually, you can skip Urban Terror's tutorial.

Oh wait.

(02-10-2012, 01:33 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Actually, you can skip Urban Terror's tutorial.

you can choose to not play it, but once you hit "Okay" Thinking it's going to be short you can't exit exept with an obscure keybind Sad

NOT good implemetation, making it a demo and all.

I agree with crylink secondary is too weak, whenever I hit even a lot with it, no one ever dies, please increase the damage Samual Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(02-10-2012, 01:22 AM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: Im not sure if something like that isn't actually present, but I have no idea because that was long ago

also, forgot this:
- while zoomed, mousewheel to change zoom level

There's actually a bind for that somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it up and post if I do.

EDIT: That was quick

http://archive.alienTRAP.org/forum/viewt...Wheel+Zoom

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Got some gripes about the physics (Oh god not this $#!+ again) in the autobuild Lee_Stricklin 15 16,451 06-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Friskydingo