Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling console print in upper-left corner

Hi all! I'm a newcomer to Xonotic from less-competitive shooters, so bear with me. I've been messing around with the HUD editor to try and get the most efficient setup for my layout and the way my eyes scan the screen, but one thing's been consistently bothering me. Even with the kill feed panel disabled, kills are still logged in the upper-right-hand corner, along with assorted console messages and other notifications. I've been searching for a few hours now and haven't found a way to disable those: is it possible?

How about setting either hud_notify or con_notify to 0? I'm not sure which one will work, but it seems to me that this is what you're looking for.

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! Is there a place I should know about for looking stuff like that up, so I don't have to post a new thread every time I have a dumb question? I've read the FAQ and poked around on the Xonotic site.

I knew it was called notify, so I just used the command apropos notify to list related cvars. You can also have a look at the hud_* cvars for anything hud-related, but there's a lot of them.

Which of the two cvars did you end up using?

(12-11-2012, 04:32 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I knew it was called notify, so I just used the command apropos notify to list related cvars. You can also have a look at the hud_* cvars for anything hud-related, but there's a lot of them.

Which of the two cvars did you end up using?

con_notify

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Console Tips & Tricks BlaXpirit 29 65,976 02-13-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  Console Commands Tutorial Beagle 4 12,945 03-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Last Post: -z-