Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats ur mousepad? - or gaming gear worth mentioning :)

Have a keyboard already thanks but I´m reaching the limit of what keyboard shortcuts can do without a midi controller. Unless there´s a way I can somehow add more hotkeys?

I use a Logitech USB Marble Mouse and the keyboard on my laptop. I love the mouse because it's stationary so I don't have to pick it up when I'm sliding off the mouse pad. It's an awesome mouse! Cool

Mouse: Sharkoon Rush Fireglider (Black Edition) Pretty cheap laser mouse for the quality you get Big Grin
Keyboard: Gigabyte Aivia K8100 Black
Headphones: Sennheiser HD215 MkII (Mainly using em for music production actually)

Btw, is a mousepad really that effective? If so, any recommendable ones that are cheap as well?
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

Mouse: Razer Diamondback (the "classic" model without "3G" Laser and other fancy stuff, probably almost ten years old by now)
Keyboard: ThinkPad internal keyboard (fyi, it's a Lenovo L420)
Headphones/Mic: Speedlink Medusa NX (stereo only)
Mousepad: No idea, but it's some hardplastic thingy which I really love Big Grin

I'm thinking of buying the Steelsteries Kana mouse sometime in the near future, as my Diamonback is "missing" the side buttons, and the mousewheel button only works half the time...
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Changed my setup... Smile

Mouse: Logitech MX518 (still the same though)
Pad: Steelseries QcK (very nice for only about 8€)
Headphones: Thermaltake eSports Shock (also quite nice Tongue)

Maddin + old mouse? O_o = Making better maps twice faster.
Back to the topic:
mouse: X7 A4TECH
Mousepad: steelseries.
Rat: Male

PS: Ok I was just kidding, hehe, Its female ofcourse...

I said it´s still the same one, the old one, the one I got for many years and the one which still works as if it were new. Wink

(08-21-2012, 11:54 AM)Maddin Wrote: I said it´s still the same one, the old one, the one I got for many years and the one which still works as if it were new. Wink

Ok, my bad. main post edited. Wait. Its not my thread. I do not have an access to the main one... Then just mine.Smile

(08-20-2012, 06:39 AM)Archer Wrote: Btw, is a mousepad really that effective? If so, any recommendable ones that are cheap as well?

IMHO it mostly depends on the quality of your desk - some desks got cracks etc, that may cause the mouse not to slide too good, or make the sensor pick them up causing the mouse cursor position to jump around. In such case even a cheapo-mousepad from a supermarket gives a whole world of better experience.

About cheap plastic mousepads: there are 2 types of surfaces on those: the ones with a noticable grid are better for optical mice (and ball mice if anyone has one of these museum artifacts ;-) ) and the smooth ones are better for laser mice.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(08-23-2012, 01:13 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote:
(08-20-2012, 06:39 AM)Archer Wrote: Btw, is a mousepad really that effective? If so, any recommendable ones that are cheap as well?

IMHO it mostly depends on the quality of your desk - some desks got cracks etc, that may cause the mouse not to slide too good, or make the sensor pick them up causing the mouse cursor position to jump around. In such case even a cheapo-mousepad from a supermarket gives a whole world of better experience.

About cheap plastic mousepads: there are 2 types of surfaces on those: the ones with a noticable grid are better for optical mice (and ball mice if anyone has one of these museum artifacts ;-) ) and the smooth ones are better for laser mice.

Ah thanks for the info mate, helps a lot Big Grin

If your using an optical or ball mouse, then I don't think mousepad will make much of a difference. If you use a laser mouse however, you NEED a quality mousepad or your sensor will jump all over the place.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(08-23-2012, 07:06 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: If your using an optical or ball mouse, then I don't think mousepad will make much of a difference. If you use a laser mouse however, you NEED a quality mousepad or your sensor will jump all over the place.

yeah I got laser, so I guess I'll take one soon enough.

30$ logtiech M310 3 button mouse ... optical ... wireless ... rubber grip siding (except the part my claw grip ate away at it :3 ... mostly xonotic's fault ... ) ... blue...

cheapest headphones bestbuy had ...

normal cloth mousepad ...

laptop keyboard ...

laptop...

linux ...

dots ...

I've got a (now ancient) Logitech G5 (first gen) and a Saitek Eclipse keyboard. Been using both for years and am pretty satisfied. Random generic slick mousepad.

Pretty glorious headphones too, JVC HA-RX700. http://www.brandonfoltz.com/2012/08/jvc-...ne-review/

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot
First edition, bought at a used book store.

(09-23-2012, 04:37 PM)s1lencer Wrote: Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot
First edition, bought at a used book store.

Haha, that must be the most awesome mousepad around Big Grin

Puretrak Stealth cloth pad
Deathadder mouse
Das Keyboard w/ MX Cherry Browns
ATH AD 700 Headset
Viewsonic vx2268wm

baller equipment
[Image: 2879.png]

[Image: Firstmouseunderside.jpg]

Sharkoon DarkGlider mousepad
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Otaku Keyboard w/Cherry MX Browns (who needs keycap labels?)
Razer Carcharias headset
Razer Mouse Bungee - keeps the mouse cord up and out of the way, very helpful on my overcrowded desk

My Gaming Gear:

Mouse: Sharkoon Rush Fireglider Black
Keyboard: Micro$oft Sidewinder X4
Mousepad: Roccat Taito Mid-Size
Headset: Speedlink Triton

My mouse pad is a history book!)

Keyboard: A4 tech GL-6 with Russian Letters
Mouse: A4 tech G7
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(09-24-2012, 02:53 PM)zykure Wrote: Haha, that must be the most awesome mousepad around Big Grin
[Image: mousepad.jpg]
sometime ago my old flatscreen monitor broke(just didn’t do anything anymore), so I disassembled it to see whats inside…
I saw that nice TFT panel and thought "That’ll be a nice mousepad!", so thats my mousepad now Cool
(on the pad you see my M$ Sidewinder mouse)

(11-13-2012, 03:04 PM)luziferius Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 02:53 PM)zykure Wrote: Haha, that must be the most awesome mousepad around Big Grin
http://luziferius.lu.funpic.de/pics/mousepad.jpg
sometime ago my old flatscreen monitor broke(just didn’t do anything anymore), so I disassembled it to see whats inside…
I saw that nice TFT panel and thought "That’ll be a nice mousepad!", so thats my mousepad now Cool
(on the pad you see my M$ Sidewinder mouse)

Wow, now that's what you call making the most of what you've got!

hm a mousepad made from motherboard should be nice... althought it will take ages geting rid of everything sticking out...
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

I use an hp laptop and it's trakpad.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is this the best gaming computer? chooksta 12 15,326 03-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Last Post: chooksta