Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salutaitions! I the newest newb

I've tried Xonotic after playing Openarena and Quake live (badly, can only go toe to toe with medium leveled bots) exclusively for the better part of this year, and I've found that I love it. With all the different functions of the guns, and all the cool movements not being terribly cryptic, I've gotten addicted.

I want to get good at this game, but I'd rather find people receptive of newbies first. Any newb friendly servers/clans out there?

Welcome to Xonotic!

Hi there! Smile

You may want to try the "DCC Beginners Only" server?

Welcome here. Smile

Welcome! If you wonder how people are so fast on public servers, and how they manage to do certain things, feel free to ask them. Many of the experienced players will take their time to explain how stuff works.

Also you might want to have a look at this: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2529

If you like, you can also join us on IRC (#xonotic or #xonotic.pickup) for asking questions.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(02-17-2012, 06:53 PM)Halogene Wrote: Welcome! If you wonder how people are so fast on public servers, and how they manage to do certain things, feel free to ask them. Many of the experienced players will take their time to explain how stuff works.

Also you might want to have a look at this: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2529

If you like, you can also join us on IRC (#xonotic or #xonotic.pickup) for asking questions.

Thanks! That's a really good guide!

What server are the IRC channels on though?

(02-17-2012, 08:09 PM)Shadowman84 Wrote: What server are the IRC channels on though?

irc.quakenet.org

welcome!
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Welcome to Xonotic! Smile

Welcome to Xonotic! Smile
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post