Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obligatory meme thread

[Image: 9081706.jpg]
(in the fact that EVERYONE quotes EVERYTHING I say)

Samual Wrote:I don't THINK when I kill people
I just kill people
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

[Image: 15845453.jpg]
[Image: 15845574.jpg]
[Image: 15845606.jpg]

+1 for the dev team (including, but not limited to, Samual) for the incredible job they do.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Samual Wrote:EVERYONE quotes EVERYTHING I say

So predictable

EDIT: Halogene, I really don't understand any of these.

Huh? It's a meme story, to be seen as a sort of comic, not each one for themselves?

Don't get it?

Hmm I thought it was obvious?

Ok, spoiler here:
Ok the story goes as follows: Samual comes along and decides to spend some of his valuable free time on Xonotic. He improves the game. Wait, what? This means he CHANGES the game! OH NOEZ HOW DARE HE CHANGE THE GAME!ONE EVERYBODY RELEASE SHIT STORM NOW!!11one
My Xonstats Profile

Oh okay, the use of Socially Awkward Penguin threw me off. I saw nothing socially awkward in deciding to spend free time on xonotic when samual comes along.

Also, yay spoiler tags.

Hehe, I'm not so much into the memes, so I didn't know about any social awkwardness of the penguin. I just needed an image for someone strolling along, the penguin served that purpose well. Big Grin Maybe I add another picture to it, coming to think about it...
My Xonstats Profile

(03-08-2012, 07:16 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Oh okay, the use of Socially Awkward Penguin threw me off. I saw nothing socially awkward in deciding to spend free time on xonotic when samual comes along.

Also, yay spoiler tags.

So spending your free time to work with someone who publicly states to give a sh*t about your contribution and expects you to be polite all the time while for his part keeps throwing insults at you - that's not a socially awkward situation?

(03-08-2012, 09:14 AM)asy7um Wrote: So spending your free time to work with someone who publicly states to give a sh*t about your contribution and expects you to be polite all the time while for his part keeps throwing insults at you - that's not a socially awkward situation?

asy7um, actually yes, thank you, I think that's about the situation I wanted to point out.
My Xonstats Profile

asy7um, that's painfully offtopic and aggressive. I'm aware of the situation, but it seems like you're polluting this thread to further the aggression. That's not good. If you want to make a public statement, be upfront about it.

Halogene, I don't think your images refered to this specific situation? If they did, I guess the above applies to you too :x

Actually, I noticed a lot of pressure imposed on, and negativity expressed towards, the developers in general, and Samual in particular. I tried to point out that whenever you take up the role of deciding things, you'll be the one that is addressed and sued for all the decisions you make, as decision means change - and you'll never manage to change stuff without pissing someone off. Any improvement is a change, and will upset SOMEONE.

Of course asy7um's reply is part of the situation I was referring to, but my intention was to show that it's wrong to start a shitstorm towards people that sacrifice their spare time for the project, and that you also shouldn't exaggerate the importance of such shitstorms on the other hand.

Edit: by that I meant you shouldn't take negative/pressuring feedback too serious as a developer, too. Some people come across more negative than they intend to.
My Xonstats Profile

Anyway that social awkward penguin meme is quite genius, even if it wasn't intended that way Smile
And stating that "giving feedback" = "release shitstorm", well everyone should make up his own opinion on that. Although I strongly disagree with that statement, no one ever said that memes got to be friendly all the time.

[Image: 15865467.jpg]
and possibly upsets SexyBougo with the incorrect pairing of Meme subject and message.

Sorry MrBougo.

(03-08-2012, 12:20 PM)Spaceman Wrote: [Image: 15865467.jpg]
and possibly upsets SexyBougo with the incorrect pairing of Meme subject and message.

Sorry MrBougo.

[Image: F9vMv.png]

[Image: d3PPV.jpg]
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

[Image: 802b4078-d0c2-483b-bbbf-351c080eeaa9.jpg]
Big Grin

Photo 
[Image: he-said-my-story-was-cool-then-he-called-me-bro.jpg]

Not Xonotic related, but fun nevertheless:

[Image: 16322873.jpg]
[Image: 16323044.jpg]
[Image: thumb-doublefacepalmkzm.jpg]

Unscramble the company name: y r a n d c a a
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(03-15-2012, 04:19 AM)divVerent Wrote: Unscramble the company name: y r a n d c a a

Is "y r a n d c a a" an anagram of alienTRAP? as some of them are ...........

No, it's the manufacturer of Vodafone's "EasyBox" DSL access boxes.

[Image: bot-lemmings.png]

[Image: yunogrow.png]

The 2nd one fails! Tongue

.jpg   Meme.jpg (Size: 55.58 KB / Downloads: 240)

(03-16-2012, 11:29 AM)Mirio Wrote: The 2nd one fails! Tongue

Yep, slowly but surely the player base is significantly growing. It's now possible to see matches going on public NA servers EVERYDAY, something that rarely happened. In addition to that I actually ran across a few noobs recently who were completely unfamiliar with the game and never even played Nexuiz, the response from them was pretty positive so I imagine that just like the other game, word of mouth will cause this game to gain popularity.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Abuse:
[Image: 16476334.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool indie games thread asyyy 15 12,567 01-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Julian758
  Blog Self-promotion thread machine! 14 17,993 08-30-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  XONOTIC USER MUGSHOT THREAD Smilecythe 121 138,474 08-30-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Fragmovies from other games- thread Smilecythe 25 24,802 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  Reflex thread machine! 45 50,208 08-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Last Post: SPLAT
  The Big Happy Birthday thread! CuBe0wL 53 91,180 10-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
Lightbulb Dropbox Referrals Thread of Awesomeness Schicko 10 13,819 08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Rainbow The totally useless but always present "ANIMATED GIF THREAD" lopho 45 78,847 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Debugger
  The frag movie thread K__ 37 42,461 10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  You'll thank me when you read click on this thread...trust me .Danny. 20 26,500 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo