Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Xonotic: Video on Demand (VoD)

(05-16-2016, 10:52 AM)Islinn Wrote: Are we really making a competition about who hides longer or whatever? This thread was supposed for something else, mind you.
No competition or whatever, just a funny video from boomboom, well edited etc. I think it fits the thread just fine. Champ however is being a kid again, and posting irrelevant, stupid stuff making it look like some competition

(05-17-2016, 04:48 AM)Smilecythe Wrote:

MFW

[Image: 38443.png]

The last rocket you dodged on Final Rage there was pretty nice =)
[Image: 65153.png]

This looks awesome but... Xonotic is a fast-paced arena shooter. This is already moving away from the term "fast paced". It goes more into the direction of "lightning speed brain dazzling mind bending ultra velocity" kind of game.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(05-29-2016, 02:05 PM)Halogene Wrote: This looks awesome but... Xonotic is a fast-paced arena shooter. This is already moving away from the term "fast paced". It goes more into the direction of "lightning speed brain dazzling mind bending ultra velocity" kind of game.

Roughly translated:

"This is far too fast for me to comprehend..OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

I was lolling at around the pillar near the mortar haha.

You have created something pure mental Smilecythe.

Is it sort of a mixture of painkiller movement?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(05-16-2016, 08:50 AM)boomboom Wrote: How to hide on final rage

(all names are fake, only one butt was hurt while making this video)

That's what I do all the time when I get the most kills and the match is about to end but the enemy will catch up Big Grin

(05-29-2016, 02:31 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Is it sort of a mixture of painkiller movement?
It's Quakeworld with more air control and accel. + Xonotic stepheight + autohop.

I made an illustration on how default Quake movement works:
[Image: fvUVbwM.png]

I dont understand SHIT. I always just used W

(05-30-2016, 06:17 AM)thimo Wrote: I dont understand SHIT. I always just used W
Yeah, it's more intuitive to use W for going forward, but at the same time it kinda takes a huge part of the movement away from the game :/

Painkiller movement has a better approach I think. When you press forward and turn mouse, you do the equivalent of A/D strafing in Quake (what you're intuitively more used to do). Additionally when you press A/D in Painkiller you start rotating as if you W- strafed in Quake. So forward and strafe movement is reversed basically.

(05-29-2016, 02:31 PM)kojn^ Wrote: "This is far too fast for me to comprehend..OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"
Let's be fair though, we're used to fast games and it might not look like much. Here's probably what Halogene sees with respect to our sense of speed:

^The speed and air wiggle is a bit exaggerated, but that's technically possible with my physics if you had 10x the human reaction and a larger mouse pad :>

Haha, I laughed so hard while watching this. Be careful not to cause a tornado while doing this Smilecythe! Big Grin ... I see a new strategy coming in when using these physics: Just run around as fast as you can, your opponent won't catch you anyway, you're probably faster than a Vortex shot. Big Grin

Xonsun cup Season1 finals - Mirio vs Mossepo (all 7 maps)
[Image: 62200.png]

It looks interesting, Smilecythe.
It might be a bit too fast for me :-P
[Image: 65153.png]

Experimenting with arc once again:

Very underpowered at 90 damage per second against a 200/100ish stack. That much hitting would yield two frags with any other weapon. Note that Beagle rocket jumped, ROCKET JUMPED his way up there prior picking up the mega and yet it still took 6 seconds to wear him off. Another small trivia: At 90dps, taking down a full 200/200 stacked person with 100% accuracy would take ~4,5 seconds.

Also to bear in mind, that's against a lesser skilled opponent then your used to playing (no offence Beagle). So in reality your kill time is on average going to be more with arc against an better opponent.

4.5 seconds at 100% acc is ridiculous to take down a 200/200 stack.

Why so many weak weapons in Xonotic. If combo weapons are going to have less damage but higher dps with comboing, weapons like mg/arc have to be stronger then they are, you track with these weapons mostly.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(07-24-2016, 02:42 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Experimenting with arc once again:

Someone nerf that arc...

I don't understand why this weapon when there's already MG.

I HATED that gun. I really did. Ruined everything when it was on a server. But it was coz my movement sucked and everyone had 100% accuracy with it on me. I always secretly hoped it would never come on servers. Luckily it never did when i played 8)

(07-26-2016, 03:58 PM)Ch4mp Wrote: I don't understand why this weapon when there's already MG.
MG gonna be gone. Arc gonna be come.

I hope this is the right place for it - a really great Overkill CTF match:

[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

Silentsiege is too easy for out of control play. Don't need to time anything because shards are almost always up and you can make do without any sense to timing, respawn order or strategy. If you're fast then all you gotta do is just run around fast. If you've got good accuracy on top of it, then you're pretty much secured on this map.

There should be a 50A in the Vortex room instead of shards.

^ Do what he says. But don't change textures, pls
Best regards, Justin

from today's stream:

More to follow.
[Image: 9214.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,774 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  Some non-pro gameplay video unfa 9 6,834 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Old Xonotic Video kojn^ 4 5,448 09-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: kojn^
  A frag video with a twist srkdy 7 7,440 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: thimo
  Overkill + Jetpack video end user 11 14,174 10-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Last Post: tZork
  Xonotic Video Tutorials machine! 6 7,481 08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Player model cat walk video? end user 6 10,121 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Dedicated map repo and video hosting site... end user 28 29,674 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: end user
Video Basic movements video Karamel 4 6,244 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Karamel
  Frag video of november KoalaBearScarf 6 6,730 12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: dizzy