Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Xonotic: Video on Demand (VoD)

(05-22-2012, 12:29 AM).Danny. Wrote: hmm thinking a nice official xonotic youtube channel to upload these on would look good...

I made a playlist on my youtube channel, Click here.

(05-22-2012, 04:27 AM)Fisume Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 12:29 AM).Danny. Wrote: hmm thinking a nice official xonotic youtube channel to upload these on would look good...

I made a playlist on my youtube channel, Click here.

I know. I´m a subscriber. I was thinking a channel for everything official and they´re so well done that I think they would deserve to be on an official channel if one was ever made. No offense though.

There is an official xonotic channel, but none seems to be uploading stuff on it (not sure who's the owner of it tho).

(05-22-2012, 05:16 AM)Fisume Wrote: There is an official xonotic channel, but none seems to be uploading stuff on it (not sure who's the owner of it tho).

lol i´m subscribed already to it. must have done so a while ago and forgot about it. for some reason when I youtubed "xonotic channel" i didn´t see the link in the top page.

2 new VOD's

Xonotic Duel - Mirio vs ZeRoQL (pov) - hub3aeroq3a_nex_r3 (matuka release)

Xonotic Duel - Mirio vs ZeRoQL (pov) - downer ( 3 overtimes! )

metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

please whomever has the ability add these two vids to the official xonotic channel as favourite videos or as part of a playlist. its about time we have a youtube channel that collects all the major xonotic videos out there and acts as a means of raising awareness of the game.

We can't use copyrighted content without the author's permission to promote the game. That has to be cleared before any video is added to the official channel.

That said, I don't know who manages it. I'll ask on the dev channel.

Xonotic's channel only provides "favorites" it doesn't host any videos(yet).

It is more of a video portal.

2 Videos of demos i recorded at {esk} Dallas CTF Minsta

10 vs 10 CTF Extreme-fight v4r1
Effects High

2 vs 2 Lostspace 2
Effects Ultra

Some posts have been split off this thread. They can now be found in Sanity Island.

Alright, right now I cut the stream (commentary by Antibody and me) into pieces and upload the matches:

NOTE: The first 2 VoDs are quite choppy and it will get better/normal in later videos.

overKill vs zykure

Sneaky Snake vs zivs

Pretty much unwatchable :/
But nice effort anyway.

Better to watch:

Vargos vs Cyber Killer

Maddin vs k1kzz

Wow, those first 2 VODs are terribly choppy! The others are nice though. Big Grin

Don't want to be a nagger but the last two are squeezed to 4:3. I like the casting though.

we played to 3v3s yesterday.
One on stormkeep and one on campgrounds.
sadly i only recorded the game on campgrounds.

http://youtu.be/9oP_4K_MRs0

here are some frags of the game and even though we are 25 frags behind after 5 min i guess its some watchable stuff.

(if somebody wants the normal video or the demo just request it)
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(08-17-2012, 07:42 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: (if somebody wants the normal video or the demo just request it)

Hehe that looks nice! Big Grin

But I'm more interested in your config than the demos - why do the effects look so exaggerated? Especially the nex beam seems very bright, do you use these settings for playing, too?
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

(08-17-2012, 09:38 AM)zykure Wrote: But I'm more interested in your config than the demos - why do the effects look so exaggerated? Especially the nex beam seems very bright, do you use these settings for playing, too?

its the standard low cfg and yes i use it for playing.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

indeed.)
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Sad he didn't upload the match on Stormkeep, I did much better on that one. . . Sad

Be glad that he didn't upload the match on Warfare where you spammed nvc using the "tell" command...
Overall I got to say that nvc, kojn and antibody did an amazing job and it's good to see that kind of quality at Xonotic.

Thanks! I'm hoping that I'll resolve the choppiness before the next "televised" match. It is likely that I can't do that much about it (ISP problem), so what we may want to do is locally-recorded VoDs that can be uploaded right after the match.

I think we need to work on team planning for the next NC match. We had warmup for over an hour yesterday and that really cut down on the time I could be present to commentate. That and the misconfigured servers were a bit embarrassing. All in all a great time was had though, and all of the stream watchers seemed genuinely interested in the game and its features. Congrats to both teams, and thanks to my co-commentator kojn who did a great job!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Machine_, I really would not worry about it. The 1v1 games were just some fun and to showcase the game in duel mode and try and talk through some of the maps/strategies. nvc also put on the stream it was a exhibition match if you watch the stornkeep match on his stream you will see at one point I was showing the spawn points in the nex/mortar rooms. I think one point on downer I was discussing the 50a and fisume came behind me and completely owned me Big Grin

The important thing is the game got some exposure.

Agree with Antibody, the games need to be organised a little better for the future but this can be worked on, once everything did get sorted out it was very good though Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

It's less a matter of organization and more about the players themselves. I must say I was disappointed by the lax attitude of some, or maybe they just didn't realize that such an event (especially because it's streamed by nvc!) can help Xonotic's popularity.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,829 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  Some non-pro gameplay video unfa 9 6,884 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Old Xonotic Video kojn^ 4 5,480 09-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: kojn^
  A frag video with a twist srkdy 7 7,471 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: thimo
  Overkill + Jetpack video end user 11 14,232 10-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Last Post: tZork
  Xonotic Video Tutorials machine! 6 7,513 08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Player model cat walk video? end user 6 10,159 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Dedicated map repo and video hosting site... end user 28 29,828 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: end user
Video Basic movements video Karamel 4 6,274 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Karamel
  Frag video of november KoalaBearScarf 6 6,753 12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: dizzy