Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SUGGESTION] See characters' hands in Xonotic?

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7127/...000004.jpg thats a not so bad view that comes with the reflections of the water [Image: nexuiz000004.jpg]
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

That's a pretty damn bad view, actually.

thumbnails do you know them?

(04-17-2010, 12:30 PM)Roanoke Wrote: That's a pretty damn bad view, actually.

Well it's hard to find the right point to take the screenshot.
MY NOOB STATS:

Hmm...hands would give it a more authentic flair Wink

Nice picture Smile

thx! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

It is a perspective essentially inside the water, which looks atrocious. The polys are aliased and some are see-through.

Here's a view that doesn't suck:

[Image: 6lac8zwtibt1yr64yf2_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 2u5289y5yehtnvu98c7f_thumb.jpg]

What my rival spammer (lol only 62 posts, I have 190) is saying is that an eye-mounted camera on the player models would drastically improve the look and feel of Xonotic and would actually allow easy implementation of an idea I had about realistically held weapons. There would be some annoyance implementing this though. Because there is no spine-deformation at the moment and the player wouldn't sway the weapon in the direction (up, down, left, right) they look at. The only work-around I can think of for the camera part would be to put it on a rail that arcs as you look up or down, but that in itself sounds like a pain and you'd still have the swaying issue. I can't really imagine locking the camera to the eyes part being annoying, but implementing proper animation or that camera rail sounds like a bitch. Still it is something that would be cool because the added feel would make the game feel more intense since other slower kids games (Riddick in particular) use that crap to make you think they're intense.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I agree with this. However, if weapons were to be held realistically, they would take up a LOT more room on the screen. personally, I would not mind this, since it would make them feel more important, but its something to think about
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

What do you mean by realistically held weapons?

(04-23-2010, 07:30 PM)Roanoke Wrote: What do you mean by realistically held weapons?

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=95

I think people freaked out when they saw it and thought OH NOES!!! IRON SITES!!! or some other bullshit like that. What I'm talking about is strictly animation and wouldn't effect gameplay at all.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

The Wolf3d screenie made me tear up a bit... ahh the good old days.
Latest obsession.

(04-10-2010, 04:23 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Or they can do what Epic did in Unreal and Unreal Tournament and just use the same hands on every character model.
I'd rather see no hands at all than something as unprofessional as that.

(04-24-2010, 01:41 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: I think people freaked out when they saw it and thought OH NOES!!! IRON SITES!!! or some other bullshit like that. What I'm talking about is strictly animation and wouldn't effect gameplay at all.
I supported and still do support this idea.

(04-24-2010, 11:03 AM)Cheshire Cat Wrote: I'd rather see no hands at all than something as unprofessional as that.
Agreed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FIXED] Handle non-ASCII characters on http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic Antares* 5 4,569 06-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [SUGGESTION] New Asian Characters BuddyFriendGuy 7 8,782 07-18-2015, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Characters need life mood 13 12,226 10-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune