Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic Quick Cup #2 (Duel)

(03-16-2012, 05:56 AM)PinkRobot Wrote: The solution could be to have at least one extra map in the mappool.

How should that work? Huh

Eh. It is impossible to have a 6th map to choose from?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

You don't choose maps in Best of 1 - you eliminate them, thus you need an uneven amount of maps. The map that survives will be played.

Well, add two then Tongue Or are we still desperate for 1v1 maps?

anyway I should have stayed out of this. I would never compete in a tourney like this anyway.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

The small compact map-pool was nice, I think people would much rather have a smaller quality map-pool then in the past when we've had like 10 maps and some don't really fit, I know I prefer this. I actually nearly picked Xoylent as my second map choice as i'm actually ok on it, I just don't think it is a good map for playing comp duels when you can fall off and get pushed off a map very often.

I don't think the mappool needs a huge shakeup personally as this was one of the first tournament's I thought there was a really decent list, perfect size also, although if hub is to be used in the future, a re-make is really needed. Drain would be nice to be added into the mappool for whatever cup/tourney/league sprouts up next, and hopefully some mapper/s (Hello kuniu!) can make a new duel map since we haven't had that many new one's for sometime?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

The mappool will most likely contain 5 maps again.

In mappool: stormkeep, darkzone, warfare_itemfix_itemfix, drain
Candidates for the remaining slot: downer, xoylent, aggressorx, red, hubaerowalk

I guess that can be decided with a poll, what do you think? That wouldn't be fixed forever btw, 1-2 maps could be vote-able for each cup.

(03-16-2012, 01:33 PM)asy7um Wrote: ... what do you think?

I think there should be a big pool suitable 1v1 maps and the admin picks always 5 different maps for the cup.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(03-16-2012, 01:33 PM)asy7um Wrote: The mappool will most likely contain 5 maps again.

In mappool: stormkeep, darkzone, warfare_itemfix_itemfix, drain
Candidates for the remaining slot: downer, xoylent, aggressorx, red, hubaerowalk

I guess that can be decided with a poll, what do you think? That wouldn't be fixed forever btw, 1-2 maps could be vote-able for each cup.

I would add aerowalk. The idea to change 1-2 maps for every cup sounds good to me. Keep up the good work!

Could even have some fixed mappool with all the maps asyyy mentionend above (of course some maps could be replaced with newer maps) and then just 5 random maps for each cup.

(03-17-2012, 07:44 AM)Mirio Wrote: Could even have some fixed mappool with all the maps asyyy mentionend above (of course some maps could be replaced with newer maps) and then just 5 random maps for each cup.

that is a good idea
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

For weekly cups that would be an option, but with 12 cups/year I rather want to plan things carefully. Especially regarding the small and sometimes quite picky playerbase and the PR effect. Beside of that, some maps are better than others and if quality is equal a xonotic map gets picked over a nexuiz map which gets picked over a quake map. Simply picking 5 out of 9 wouldn't fit that philosophy well.

I agree that 5 maps is better for something like this, gives players much more focus on what to practice. What would be good however, like fisume said, is maybe replace one map at each cup (with a poll to decide which map gets replaced/replaced with?), that would still keep focus but allow new maps in to try out.

Please make sure to record every demo and upload them to some safe place (I can provide an FTP account)

I'd love to participate but I have ~200ms latency to USA, not to mention EU, so watching demos is about all the fun I can get Wink

(03-17-2012, 09:06 PM)mand1nga Wrote: Please make sure to record every demo and upload them to some safe place (I can provide an FTP account)

Check this: http://88.198.17.137/_files/Demos/Xonoti...rt%202012/
For the next cup we could ask all players to upload their demos, I might set up a little web frontend for that.

I was talking to nifrek/zeroql about this before, it'd be nice if we had a place where we could upload the demos from tourneys etc and Xonotic movies also maybe

<nifrek> even something like this could work fine: http://demos.quakeworld.nu/ <-
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RJZ Xonotic Duel League 2023 h0tc0d3 0 987 11-30-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: h0tc0d3
  Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 15 7,203 02-02-2022, 03:06 AM
Last Post: hotdog
  MAP POLL for the Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 0 2,138 12-13-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: SpiKe
  ZenSports x RJZ 2v2 TDM cup #1 RazorDodger 0 1,235 08-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  Ranking Duel 1 Tournament | Xonotic League 20 Kotangens 3 2,555 01-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [FEFU] Xonotic LAN Duel Cup AriosJentu 1 2,170 10-12-2020, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  ZenSports mock Duel Cup kanyeshrayz 0 1,813 09-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
  ZenSports Xonotic Duel Cup 5.000.000 SPORTS prize. kanyeshrayz 2 4,186 09-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
Star DOXA TOURNAMENT - Xonotic 2020 DUEL CUP zeroql 24 16,073 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  3v3 CTF/Insta+Hook Cup Sl@va 7 5,454 03-03-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Sl@va