• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic Quick Cup #2 (Duel)

Quick facts:
- 1v1 XPM Deathmatch
- EU servers
- timelimit 10, no fraglimit
- Mappool: Darkzone, Downer_final, Hub3aeroq3a_nex, Stormkeep, Xoylent
- Date/time: 11 March, check-in starts at 4pm CET, games starts at 5pm CET
- The cup will be played on sunday afternoon/evening only (one day cup)
- Admins: asyyy, Mirio
- Skill level: any

[Sign-ups] [Rules] [Mappool] [IRC]

13 people signed-in allready! Keep it coming! Big Grin

posting on esreality + spam at fb, twitter, ql.irc-channels should help to attract ppl. Any streams?
posting on esreality + spam at fb, twitter, ql.irc-channels should help to attract ppl. Any streams?

(02-25-2012, 02:01 AM)asy7um Wrote: - Skill level: any
... also my skill level? So, are there any newbies?

(02-25-2012, 07:20 PM)Maddin Wrote:
(02-25-2012, 02:01 AM)asy7um Wrote: - Skill level: any
... also my skill level? So, are there any newbies?
yes, see [Sign-ups]

Newbies? I don´t see them there! Tongue

You are not a newbie (as you have played this game for years) Smile

That may be true but I haven´t the skilllevel of any of these persons. It would be much more fun to play with players of every difficulty. Wink

Maddin, sign-in if you have time to participate, don't worry about your skill, even if you will be pwned. It's always some experience, playing for a real stake, not just some random public game.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

I'll be the first newbie to join I guess...

Quick question, will the cup use XPM duel settings as there is currently the 2 duel servers and I see a lot of players using them now more so then the vanilla settings duel server. So which will it be or can we vote on it, XPM does seem to be enjoyed a lot though.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

yes its XPM

I'm in ! I'll be the #1 french player !
Awesome, did Qz show you that ?
Nexuiz : I Reach the top5 of the ladder (even top3 I guess). Top1 French for quite some time (when active) of ladder. Top5 of some tournaments (if I remember well)

Bump!

22 players already. Smile

But I know we can do better! Go go go!

I'd love to participate but there simply is no way I can join for a cup on a sunday from 17:00 CET on. If you make it start at 20:00 CET, I might have chances of joining Sad
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

3 days until it starts and we got 27 players at the moment! Very nice!

Thanks for setting it up + morfar for streaming (again), and everyone else who took part.

Congratulations to kojn for winning the first Xonotic Quickcup. Big thanks to Mirio and morfah and everyone who participated with good intentions.
Personally I'm very satisfied. Everything went smoothly and I think this format works well with xonotics current duel playerbase. Non-stop games without waiting, delay or boredom (even though it's sad that certain people tried to spoil it again..).

My thoughts/plans for the future:
- Organizing a 1v1 duel quickcup once each month
- Additionally, without regularity a rookie duel cup, or a 2v2 tdm cup could work too I think
- There will be polls regarding the mappool

The VOD of the grand final is online btw: http://www.twitch.tv/morfah/b/311379997
(again, thanks to morfah for streaming)

Well done everybody and congratulations kojn!
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

I will try at some point this week, to record all the maps and upload.

http://stats.xonotic.org/game/11587

the last map looks like a very close game.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Hehe, yeah, the last map was close and very fun for those who spectated, though not so much for the players Big Grin
We were all like "LOL, WTF, OMG NICE!!!"
fisume' and kojn in the end: "How the fuck did Xoylent slipped in the mappool?"
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

zeroQL said he would make videos of the finals so Ill give him my demos to record.

(03-14-2012, 01:10 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Hehe, yeah, the last map was close and very fun for those who spectated, though not so much for the players Big Grin
We were all like "LOL, WTF, OMG NICE!!!"
fisume' and kojn in the end: "How the fuck did Xoylent slipped in the mappool?"

Ohyeah...u could never predict what happens next.Someone could be in total controll and 2 seconds later he slips of an edge due to some pushforce and gets spawnraped for the next minute.Some of this situations made me almost rage only from watching them.
While it was in some way really exiting to watch i would prefer another map nexttime in the pool.
In total the tournament was alot of fun for me.It was the first tournament I played in this community and again u guys showed me how awesome u are.No raging,blaming balancing issues for the loss,ragequitting in any of my matches.Everyone friendly,respectfull and mannered.Coming from Bloodline Champions,which has the typical moba game community full of raging retards I know what iam speaking about.
Also a big thx to asyyy and mirio for the organisation.Iam looking forward to your next tourney!

The solution could be to have at least one extra map in the mappool. I'm sure Xoylent would have been the first map to have been voted off by any of the two players Smile Newbies like me (although indeed, I did not compete) like the map enough to have it in the mappool.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RJZ Xonotic Duel League 2023 h0tc0d3 0 988 11-30-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: h0tc0d3
  Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 15 7,205 02-02-2022, 03:06 AM
Last Post: hotdog
  MAP POLL for the Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 0 2,139 12-13-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: SpiKe
  ZenSports x RJZ 2v2 TDM cup #1 RazorDodger 0 1,236 08-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  Ranking Duel 1 Tournament | Xonotic League 20 Kotangens 3 2,556 01-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [FEFU] Xonotic LAN Duel Cup AriosJentu 1 2,171 10-12-2020, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  ZenSports mock Duel Cup kanyeshrayz 0 1,814 09-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
  ZenSports Xonotic Duel Cup 5.000.000 SPORTS prize. kanyeshrayz 2 4,186 09-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
Star DOXA TOURNAMENT - Xonotic 2020 DUEL CUP zeroql 24 16,081 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  3v3 CTF/Insta+Hook Cup Sl@va 7 5,458 03-03-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Sl@va