Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turning on AES Support on the server?

Hey,

Can anyone explain how to set up AES on the server? I see some info here - http://www.xonotic.org/team/blog/page/3/ but no details on its setup.

Gracias!

You need libd0_rijndael.so installed. Source for this is available on http://git.xonotic.org/?p=xonotic/d0_bli...;a=summary

We unfortunately cannot include this by default in Xonotic builds, or we would have to make sure that nobody in Iraq and other "evil" countries (don't even know which they all are) can download it. Blame US crypto export controls.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Wait, I remember Sourceforge made the same think, I think because of the OFAC sanctin list... and I remember some news about sourceforge stopped that crap... brb searching for the news

Edit: Found it

German

English Translated via Google

Mhhhh, I guess the Xonotic Project can't do a similar think like SourceForge did, let the user decide if libd0_rijndael.so should be included or not, I can image this would be too complicated to do so D:
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

(02-29-2012, 05:11 AM)divVerent Wrote: You need libd0_rijndael.so installed. Source for this is available on http://git.xonotic.org/?p=xonotic/d0_bli...;a=summary

We unfortunately cannot include this by default in Xonotic builds, or we would have to make sure that nobody in Iraq and other "evil" countries (don't even know which they all are) can download it. Blame US crypto export controls.

Kewl! Thanks divVerent!

Yeah, we wouldn't want these "munitions" getting on a game server. =P

Well, our autobuild server actually is in NL, and we would have enough mirrors outside the US... so WE could simply include this code, and WE would have no problems, other than slower downloads for US folks. Also, other people who redistribute Xonotic may get into trouble, which isn't exactly in the spirit of the GPL...

But, I prefer having an US mirror over having none...
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Hey,

I should have asked how do you add it if you have autobuild? Sorry, I'm not a programmer...

TIA

Ok. Anyone have any pointers of how to set this up on Linux?

What's your distro?

You need to have libd0_rijndael.so installed in your lib directory. Or next to the other stuff? I don't know. Maybe there's some info in the package from the download page.

Get that from http://www.xonotic.org/download/ "Optional encryption download via HTTP"

If you want to do it another way, you have several choices, listed here from preferred to least preferred:
- Get a compiled version from your distro's repositories if that exists, or
- Make a package yourself, if you have the skill, or
- Compile it and load it from your user directories using LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/directory/containing/lib", or
- Compile and install it, using sh autogen.sh, followed by ./configure (see ./configure --help), followed by make, followed by make install (or make DESTDIR=/path/to/whereever install)

iam download libd0_rijndael.so (- Compile it and load it from your user directories using LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/directory/containing/lib") but server not have AES icon. May be nee some parametr in server config flie to enabe AES support?

pardon. after installation libs be installed in /usr/local/lib ))) move it to /lib and server restart AES icon is ON

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 673 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,820 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,755 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,050 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,966 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,319 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server Professor 2 2,950 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Professor
  How can I get AES encryption working? Espionage724 9 7,238 11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  0.6.0 Server not shown in server browser -maniac|Su- 2 3,745 06-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-