Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speed requirement

so i was thinking about rebooting my server i was just curious if anyone thought 800kbps up was good enough to support it. i used to have a faster connection but couldn't afford the package thus turned off my server. so i just wanted to know what people thought about xonotic server running on 800k. thoughts, ideas...pretty much anything constructive is appreciated thanx -kewlbns

Well for a few of players I would do but not that many.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

If you have access to the server already, why not see for yourself? That's the only way you will know for sure Smile

(05-14-2014, 12:44 PM)end user Wrote: Well for a few of players I would do but not that many.

could you give me maybe a lil more specific? like could i do 5 or would that be too much?...not sure if anyone's tested the bandwidth requirements on the server side of this game so i'm curious if there's any info on that

(05-14-2014, 01:54 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: If you have access to the server already, why not see for yourself? That's the only way you will know for sure Smile

because i wanted to see if anyone has maybe done some testing related to what this game might require in regards to server bandwidth load

(05-14-2014, 02:15 PM)kewlbns69 Wrote:
(05-14-2014, 12:44 PM)end user Wrote: Well for a few of players I would do but not that many.

could you give me maybe a lil more specific? like could i do 5 or would that be too much?...not sure if anyone's tested the bandwidth requirements on the server side of this game so i'm curious if there's any info on that

(05-14-2014, 01:54 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: If you have access to the server already, why not see for yourself? That's the only way you will know for sure Smile

because i wanted to see if anyone has maybe done some testing related to what this game might require in regards to server bandwidth load

Well I think with 16-20 players the upload on my server is like 7mbit up. Your 800Kb will probably only do a few players. Ontop of that you need web space for the maps/packages so you'll have to host them somewhere and say 5 players downloading the map from your home connection is not going to cut it.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

that's pretty much what i figured i hadn't planned on installing anything custom but i figured it'd come up at some point so thanx for jumping ahead and giving me that info upfront. last i checked the redirect function was kinda wonky...so that works now? i can host maps on a webspace and config the server so clients will get them some place remote offsite?

Yep, you can host the maps. Check the mapdownload.txt file in the Docs directory.

thanx Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Change Player Speed, and Disable Bunny Hops 3agle427 1 2,327 12-29-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: 3agle427
  Changing player speed etc on my Server? GoCrackYourself 1 3,440 11-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SOLVED] Disable Run-Jump Speed Boost nexus66 3 3,944 06-13-2013, 02:23 AM
Last Post: nexus66
  Server requirement questions end user 8 9,119 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Last Post: end user