Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I LOVE XONOTIC

Just installed Xonotic and it was very hard for me to actually turn it off and register on the forums to write this.
I played Nexuiz for quite a long time and was quite disappointed after I have heard what would the future of Nexuiz be.
Now we have Xonotic and it looks SO much better and it isn't even a 1.0 yet. Great job devs.

Heart Ain't that touching. Heart
Welcome to Xonotic! Tongue

Hello! Smile

Hi there! Good to have someone with attitude like you around! Have fun and good luck!

just a five cents from me:

i have played Warsow for a five years. I was thinking that nothing else can attract me... But after installing Xonotic, i've found something unique and funny!) I love those knockbacks of grenades/rockets, when you can insist your enemy to fly high and then finish him with the Nex. Also delayed fire of Nex makes this gun really pro.

Thanks devs for the nice work!

hey!
hey!
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

warsow has been around for 5 years!?

(03-03-2012, 07:38 PM).Danny. Wrote: warsow has been around for 5 years!?
Yup, it was first released in 2005 Cool
[Image: sigdammit2.png]

Welcome to Xonotic! Smile
Nice to hear that you like it!

(03-04-2012, 04:31 AM)shnbwmn Wrote:
(03-03-2012, 07:38 PM).Danny. Wrote: warsow has been around for 5 years!?
Yup, it was first released in 2005 Cool

hmm its at 0.7 now. if there´s any free fps game to rival xonotic in terms of speed its warsow. good to have some competition. Smile

Welcome!

"Now we have Xonotic and it looks SO much better and it isn't even a 1.0 yet."

Hmm, guess nothing matters more than the aesthetics, right? Well, I suppose you are right; Xonotic does look better than Nexuiz. However, I think that's the only positive difference.

I don't care for graphics but:

- Improved netcode
- Forcemodel/color
- Picmip
- Stats

That's what weights heavily in a competitive fps. Could add personal experiences of more responsiveness on keyboard controls and more smoothness overall to that list. Two months ago I went back to Nexuiz for some games and I was surprised how "old" it felt.