Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Problem

Problem is no one playing. How to fix.
bye / bad luck and have boredom

Wait for release that works fine, then do PR and don't shy away from empty servers.

Start the Xonotic fashion and be the first person to play on a public server! If nobody joins an empty server then the servers will always be empty, so join one and idle.

Maybe its time for DCC to change?

http://stats.xonotic.org/ shows hundreds of games been played during the past 7 days. Who exactly is "no one" and why doesn't he play?

Disclaimer: I'm well aware that xonotic needs more players but a) I have a aversion for false statements and b) hanging around on forums and complaining wont change anything. Idle on an empty server, introduce new players, advertise the game and get your friends to try this game instead.

Don't forget 0.5 clients don't work nicely on git servers. Better wait 0.6, which will be released in february 2012

Says MrBougo on the 3rd of March Smile

Did you recently get in contact with a time machine Mr. Bougo? Smile

And Noobermin, there even is a fairly populas server in the US now, UDF5 votable.
I really dont see your problem.

(03-03-2012, 03:03 PM)Spaceman Wrote: Maybe its time for DCC to change?

They will all change with 0.6
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Quote:Better wait 0.6, which will be released in february 2012
Big Grin

btw, it is glad to see that number of active players grows up every day. Today i've connected to dm server, waited for 30 secs, and then more than 6-8 of players started to frag each other Big Grin Also it was amazing to notice 10-15 concurrently active servers. Looks like game become as popular as Warsow does.

(03-03-2012, 04:50 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(03-03-2012, 03:03 PM)Spaceman Wrote: Maybe its time for DCC to change?

They will all change with 0.6

Good.

Nexuiz is like a childhood pet that's been with you for many years, now it is time to move on.

(03-04-2012, 03:06 PM)adem4ik Wrote: btw, it is glad to see that number of active players grows up every day. Today i've connected to dm server, waited for 30 secs, and then more than 6-8 of players started to frag each other Big Grin Also it was amazing to notice 10-15 concurrently active servers.

indeed it seems to be much better, finally
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Wait until 0.6. Every release is a huge player boost.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Problem With Railguns & Why Nerfing Doesn't Help Contrarian 44 37,834 09-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Flying Steel