Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New member Server question

hello. iam totally new here ...

i hope this is allowed to ask the server questions!

I use Linux Debian 6.0 Squeeze!

My Startparamter over my webinterface :

Relative Executable:xonotic-linux32-dedicated

case "$(uname -m)" in x86_64) executable="xonotic-linux64-dedicated" ;; *) executable="xonotic-linux32-dedicated" ;; esac +serverconfig server.cfg

i running a server here , i modificate the server.cfg but the server overwrite not my hostname, visible is : Xonotic 0.5.0 Server .

i put the server.cfg into the data folder!

and after some times the server crashed without any reason .. here is the log :

Game is Xonotic using base gamedir data
Xonotic Linux 01:01:11 Sep 6 2011 - release
Loaded public key key_0.d0pk (fingerprint: Xon//KssdlzGkFKdnnN4sgg8H+koTbBn5JTi37BAW1Q=)
Loaded private ID key_0.d0si for key_0.d0pk (public key fingerprint: tyQjDkve7dF2d9GFGJIzwefEZUlysRfJCWG+0Td6930=)
Skeletal animation uses SSE code path
execing quake.rc
execing default.cfg
execing defaultXonotic.cfg
Warning: Could not expand $qport in alias _if_dedicated
Warning: Could not expand $r_showsurfaces
Warning: Could not expand $gl_finish
execing cdtracks.cfg
execing balanceXonotic.cfg
execing ctfscoring-ai.cfg
execing effects-normal.cfg
execing physicsX.cfg
execing turrets.cfg
execing unit_machinegun.cfg
execing unit_hk.cfg
execing unit_hellion.cfg
execing unit_mlrs.cfg
execing unit_flac.cfg
execing unit_fusreac.cfg
execing unit_plasma.cfg
execing unit_plasma2.cfg
execing unit_tesla.cfg
execing unit_phaser.cfg
execing unit_walker.cfg
execing unit_ewheel.cfg
execing vehicles.cfg
execing vehicle_racer.cfg
execing vehicle_raptor.cfg
execing vehicle_spiderbot.cfg
execing vehicle_bumblebee.cfg
execing _hud_descriptions.cfg
execing hud_luminos.cfg
couldn't exec config.cfg
"maxplayers" set to "16"
couldn't exec data/campaign.cfg
execing config_update.cfg
execing font-xolonium.cfg
Warning: Could not expand $scr_loadingscreen_barheight
Warning: Could not expand $scr_infobar_height
Warning: Could not expand $scr_centersize
Warning: Could not expand $* in alias scoreboard_columns_set
Invalid program name client !
client program not loaded.
couldn't exec autoexec/*.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
there is already a private key for 0
Server using port 26000
Server listening on address 0.0.0.0:26000
Server listening on address [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]:26000
execing server.cfg
Server using port 26000
Server listening on address 0.0.0.0:26000
Server listening on address [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]:26000
FS_OpenVirtualFile("data/maps/.mapinfo", false): nasty filename rejected
FS_OpenVirtualFile("maps/.mapinfo", false): nasty filename rejected
FS_OpenVirtualFile("data/maps/autogenerated/.mapinfo", false): nasty filename rejected
FS_OpenVirtualFile("maps/autogenerated/.mapinfo", false): nasty filename rejected
FS_OpenVirtualFile("data/maps/.ent", false): nasty filename rejected
FS_OpenVirtualFile("maps/.ent", false): nasty filename rejected
FS_OpenVirtualFile("data/maps/.bsp", false): nasty filename rejected
FS_OpenVirtualFile("maps/.bsp", false): nasty filename rejected
Maplist contains no single playable map! Resetting it to default map list.
Invalid program name menu !
menu program not loaded.
"timelimit" changed to "20"
"fraglimit" changed to "30"

regards asp!

You should use the server_linux.sh script that can be found in the server directory.

Does the log stop there? There's nothing more than that? That's strange.

(03-05-2012, 04:29 PM)asp Wrote: hello. iam totally new here ...

i hope this is allowed to ask the server questions!
Of course it is =)

(03-05-2012, 04:29 PM)asp Wrote: i put the server.cfg into the data folder!
Is that some/path/xonotic/data/server.cfg or ~/.xonotic./data/server.cfg? Afaik the latter is the recommended way. As id does not set the hostname, im suspecting it may be refusing to read server.cfg from the location you have it - but that's just a guess.

so server crash fixed!

what is the right path for the server.cfg because i have always only Xonotic 0.5.0 Server instead of my hostname?

//hostname "RoundhouseKick by ... $g_xonoticversion Server" is right? or without the $g_xonoticversion Server ?.. hmm i try all!

@Mr. Bougo

I use a special Webinterface for a communication between a user and the server/root and you can directly start/stop/restart server->/can add specials ->/ can upload things directly to ftp and many more.. its a bit complicated only to use the sh scripts. there are some more things to do with it :-)

Remove the //, that's the prefix for comments.

How did you solve the crash?

(03-06-2012, 01:20 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Remove the //, that's the prefix for comments.

How did you solve the crash?

It was a problem inside my scripts! now server running perfectly without any crashes anymore!

thank you now my server with the right name is online ^^
RoundhouseKick by A-Ones.de

SOME OTHER QUESTIONS!

- How i can change the weapons damages and ammos

- How i can change the items and armors on maps

- is it possible to set a cfg with multijumps ? that you can jump 2-4 times in the air?

i think thats enough till now!Wink

Keep in mind that the changes you want to make won't be welcomed by everybody. Plus, for the weapon balance part, the server will not be marked as "vanilla configuration", i.e. you won't have a xonotic icon next to the server in the server list.

Editing maps is a bad idea too, item placement is (or should be) done intelligently and mappers (should) have taken care of this. If you think the items are not placed right, talk to the mapper about it. If you really want to change the layout, be aware that most players won't like it: they are used to the item placement from the original version of the map, and messing with their habits will break the game. If you still want to change the layout, you have to edit the map. That's not an easy thing to do. You can also use an entity file but that's not easy either. If you want to learn how to edit maps, have a look at the wiki and the editing section in this forum. http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/wiki/Mapping

No multijumps possible, you'll have to write code for that mod. Not an easy task either.

For weapon balance, you just need to change the relevant cvars. Have a look at the file balanceXonotic.cfg for a cvar reference.

(03-08-2012, 04:08 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Keep in mind that the changes you want to make won't be welcomed by everybody. Plus, for the weapon balance part, the server will not be marked as "vanilla configuration", i.e. you won't have a xonotic icon next to the server in the server list.

Editing maps is a bad idea too, item placement is (or should be) done intelligently and mappers (should) have taken care of this. If you think the items are not placed right, talk to the mapper about it. If you really want to change the layout, be aware that most players won't like it: they are used to the item placement from the original version of the map, and messing with their habits will break the game. If you still want to change the layout, you have to edit the map. That's not an easy thing to do. You can also use an entity file but that's not easy either. If you want to learn how to edit maps, have a look at the wiki and the editing section in this forum. http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/wiki/Mapping

No multijumps possible, you'll have to write code for that mod. Not an easy task either.

For weapon balance, you just need to change the relevant cvars. Have a look at the file balanceXonotic.cfg for a cvar reference.

thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 673 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  New CA only Server ".broccoli | Clan Arena" - EU Based aeh 1 971 03-07-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: FAF
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,822 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,755 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Lost server key, can't hold new key FlufyBuny 0 2,177 09-09-2021, 07:05 PM
Last Post: FlufyBuny
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,054 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,967 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,320 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  New japanese server - looking for Japanese speakers... MarisaG 3 2,676 10-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy