Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Xonotic 0.6 is now available!

CONGRATS!!! Big Grin Good job, well done, great work, etc. Big Grin

YES YES!!!!!1
[Image: steam.gif]

I'm very happy to see that the Xonotic development is continuing in a good direction. It's so great that CSQC-networked-players has finally made it, and that additional, high quality maps are available. Does the new networked-player feature mean better local movement prediction now becomes possible (but probably is not in 0.6 yet)? In any case, I'll give it a shot some time (since I live in a different location where Internet at evening times is really bad, I'm curious to see how Xonotic performs now Smile)

BTW: I was unable to understand the sandbox mode from the textual description. It seems to be similar to what was possible (using sv_cheats 1) earlier in Nexuiz, where you cloned your own player model.

Sandbox provides more control, you can move stuff around and change object properties. Have a look at this preview: http://youtu.be/2KFYPQRLLys (it has probably changed since then).

Awesome! Even though I have a little free time nowadays, I still find some time to play Xonotic. Smile Excellent work everyone.

Thank you guys Smile

(03-10-2012, 07:35 AM)GreEn`mArine Wrote: Does the new networked-player feature mean better local movement prediction now becomes possible (but probably is not in 0.6 yet)?

You nailed it, but not exactly, as the movement compensation is already there in 0.6 Wink
(You can find it in the Misc tab of Settings window)

Release notes txt says:

* Client side movement prediction and error compensation with in conjunction with data sent from the server.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I noticed a MAJOR improvement in the networking. I don't even think Quake Live had networking as good the last time I messed with it.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(03-10-2012, 08:33 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: You nailed it, but not exactly, as the movement compensation is already there in 0.6 Wink
(You can find it in the Misc tab of Settings window)

Release notes txt says:

* Client side movement prediction and error compensation with in conjunction with data sent from the server.
Awesome. In this case I'll definitely give it a try (but I guess I'll wait a bit until more servers have migrated and admins enable client-side forced skins Big Grin)

Simple math:

Xonotic = awesomeness
newer version = more awesomeness.

Don't forget to Post Xonotic 0.6 on Desura Big Grin

Is this a joke? What did you do to the settings? Yuck, the lighting's bright!

(03-18-2012, 04:24 AM)Count Bathory Wrote: Is this a joke? What did you do to the settings? Yuck, the lighting's bright!

Can you elaborate? Is there a problem that you can't fix by tweaking your configuration? The lighting is brighter because it was too dark. If you don't like it, the developers have given you the privilege to change brightness, gamma... Isn't that absolutely amazing?

They simplified the settings, why? I hate simplified things.

Again, care to elaborate? Do you have any specific examples? The menu was reorganized, to be made less confusing. I don't think settings got removed.

Besides, have you seen the advanced settings dialog? That's not simplified in any way.

HE again?

NB4 BANHAMMER

Oh wait.

@Lee: ... the fuck? If I ban him, I'll have to ban you tenfold by the same policy.

(03-18-2012, 02:18 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: @Lee: ... the fuck? If I ban him, I'll have to ban you tenfold by the same policy.

Think I mistook him for a certain troll. Mirio saying: "HE again?" set off some warning bells.

Oh wait.

Thank you for another great refresh!!

downloading now

is great game thank you for making and updating

I love the new shading of Xonotic, just had to put that out there, even though it was probably said a hundred times already. Just had to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XonStat 2.0 is now live Antibody 26 17,338 10-01-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Dynamx_FPS
  Summary metrics are now available on the home page Antibody 2 4,241 04-22-2018, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Antibody
Bug Bring out your bugs! Code freeze now in effect. Antibody 0 4,075 03-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Antibody