Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are server mods possible?

Hello! I have been a long time Fortress game player (Quake 3 Fortress, Enemy Territory Fortress, Team Fortress Classic etc), and I have been curious about the modding capabilities in this game.

Basically, I wan't to create a server mod that makes the gameplay of this game closer to Fortress gameplay (and im not talking about TF2, because that IS NOT fortress).

Fortress gameplay is extremely fast paced and skilled, and is team oriented. I feel that this could be the perfect engine for it.

Here is an example of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaRpW64A5aU

So, is it possible to create server mods in this game? Can they change the gameplay enough to make something like this?

Cant see this in the us
Code:
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

stupid youtube

anyways this game is moddable... I don't know to what extent, but it is. Overkill ... if you've heard of it (there should be a server online for it) is a mod... minsta-nex .... is a mod ...

so it could be possible

(03-11-2012, 09:19 PM)hutty Wrote: Cant see this in the us

its a video of a team fortess mod.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Yes, Xonotic is highly mod-able. both server side (there's a mutator/gamemode system) and client side (client progs, vm code, are sent automatically by server when needed). Sth like TF is likely a large mod, but fully doable.

if you join the irc dont expect answer within a minute
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Extended Translation Pack” is Possible NaitLee 4 1,320 06-05-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: NaitLee
  possible bug hutty 5 4,724 10-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Last Post: hutty
  Possible to edit maps on Mac OS X Lion? 300zxkyle 2 5,402 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Last Post: theShadow
  modpack.sh - automatic pk3 creation for mods tZork 0 4,076 10-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Last Post: tZork