Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SUGGESTION] Spontanous voices on the battlefield

(03-21-2011, 02:27 PM)kojn^ Wrote: There's maybe 6 in the opening post that would make sense/be professional to use, the others I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Good idea though.

Thank you so much! Wink
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I have an idea. Commentator would shout "BALAAANCE!" until some players switch sides. Autobalance wouldn' hurt either.

(03-23-2011, 04:53 PM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: I have an idea. Commentator would shout "BALAAANCE!" until some players switch sides. Autobalance wouldn' hurt either.

+1
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I don't like the idea of not having control over what your character is saying. Maybe I'm a control freak Confused Anyway IF this is implemented, I would advise G rated comments so as not to turn off some players right away.

I would like the idea of more sounds that you can bind for teamplay. Like
Code:
Attacking left
Attacking right
Defending left
Defending right
Attacking enemy base
Defending our base
Health
Armor
ten percent
twenty percent
thirty percent
forty percent
fifty percent
sixty percent
seventy percent
eighty percent
ninety percent
hundred percent
Watch your six!
Tracking enemy flagcarrier
Protecting our flagcarrier
I see our flag!
I'm taking the flag!
Quad soon!
Our base is clear!
Our base is under attack!
Requesting reinforcements!
Take out that sniper!

The 'Health' and 'Armor' ones could be followed by the percent ones (like current system except rounded to nearest 10% and over the voice).
Smile user binds FTW.

(03-23-2011, 04:53 PM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: I have an idea. Commentator would shout "BALAAANCE!"

And this would then paste links to the old balance threads on the forum? Big Grin

THAT'S A JOKE PEOPLE!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org