Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
midair

some time ago we talked a bit about midair duel mod. i remade some maps and the next days asyyy will set up a server so we can test and play a bit.

[Image: sgpw6g7et35bi9nw1dct_thumb.jpg]
Download: http://ompldr.org/vZDBuaA/needle.pk3

[Image: 26ft4tc9htjmg8bfgjg4_thumb.jpg]
Download: http://ompldr.org/vZDBuag/endif.pk3

[Image: 71bwl6zqeueuweuwuech_thumb.jpg]
Download: http://ompldr.org/vZDBuaQ/pit.pk3

this thread is mainly for discussion because there are some changes needed for optimal gameplay.

EDIT:
here is the server
[0.6]. eXiLe MidAir Battle (XPM) ^eX .[GER]
88.198.17.137:24778
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

well its original I´ll give you that. hmm ...perhaps make the jump gun more powerful and reduce damage for it in thje process. i want to be whizzing around the level firing my gun off like an idiot.

Nice! Looking forward to trying those maps online soon.

As in the 'real' midair -you can only hurt ppl that are in the air? If so, this could actually be interesting Tongue

[0.6]. eXiLe MidAir Battle (XPM) ^eX .[GER]
88.198.17.137:24778

set "g_weaponarena" "rocketlauncher grenadelauncher electro hagar"
set "g_balance_rocketlauncher_remote_damage" "0"
set "sv_gravity" "400"

(03-13-2012, 03:00 AM)tZork Wrote: As in the 'real' midair -you can only hurt ppl that are in the air? If so, this could actually be interesting Tongue

I hope it's the 'real' midair too tZork Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Yes, g_midair, but need to adjust other things to make it work (like gravity), as weapons don't have enough push.

For now I put gravity on 400 (default is 800). With that at least vs the bot some nice airrockets were possible. But it's far from being perfect and we got to work out if we want to lower gravity or tweak weapons (or maybe a combination of both).

Is that Needle map the one I made for Laser Sumo? It kinda reminds me of it Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(03-13-2012, 08:46 AM)PinkRobot Wrote: Is that Needle map the one I made for Laser Sumo? It kinda reminds me of it Smile

yes, it is.
asyyy thought laser sumo maps might work too. so i remade one i remember and we'll see how it works out Smile .
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Hi there.
Can someone give me good link for needle.pk3 map?

You know that this thread is 3 Years old.

Ask asyyy maybe he has the pk3s somewhere.