Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Replace nexballarena.

Nexballarena seems to be now a really bad choice for an official map. The gameplay just as basic as it can gets. A room and 2 goals. It's also way to small, with already 4 players it gets messy. Another point is that its way too easy to score.

Now after the mapping we have a plenty of new maps or maps which has been remade by pinkrobot. Nearly all of them are much more suitable as an official map then nexballarena.

So what is your opinion about that?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(03-14-2012, 10:56 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: Another point is that its way too easy to score.

This.

I'd like to see it replaced. Not sure with which, though. Mayanball doesn't exactly fit the theme very well.

Nah, don't replace it!

Rather, fix it! Nexballarena is an almost 1:1 remake of one of the first Nexball maps (if not *the* first?). I can't remember what the original was called but it had one thing nexballarena lacks: rails on the side that you could jump on. From there you could jump over other players and perform other fun tricks. The gameplay used to be just epic on that, even for quite busy matches (3vs3!).

I agree though, we could have *more* official nexball maps, but please don't remove this epic classic, instead fix it!
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

yes nexballarena is a 1on1 remake at least my version was it. tZork and C.Brutail clipped the rails on the side.

For reference here is a list how often maps are played in the tourney.
Marsball 6x
Swat-sd 5x
Mayanball 5x
Dustball 6x
Bloodball 3x
Basket-Case 7x
Ariel 3x
Aerial match 1x
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Marshall and swatSD fit the theme quite well imo and both fun maps that are not too big.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

we cannot simply replace a map as that would annoy clients. We can "phase out", i.e. hide it from next release and really remove it the release after.

Anyone want to take some nexball maps to the autobuild server?
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

I could take my map to the autobuild server, but it would be nice if someone (Kuniu?!) could help me out. I didnĀ“t worked with git and all that stuff for a long time.

I like nexballarena, but it could use some enlarging.

(03-14-2012, 12:33 PM)divVerent Wrote: we cannot simply replace a map as that would annoy clients.

my i idea behind the replacement is that the next official version provides a different nexball map by default.

There are basically 2 things needed.
1) point out which maps people might want to see in Xonotic.
2) improve the weakpoints of the map/s

I really would be against removing nexballarena. It looms really good, and it at least isn't that hard to score. For example in maps like Bloodball, dustball and basket-case it takes ages to make one.

Mayanball is the only other map with a really good gameplay, but doesn't really fit the style of the game, and would need quite some work, especially on more details.

Nexballarena looks cool, plays good, and is imo the overall best nexball map.
But of course making more maps official is a good idea Smile

you just need to push the ball once to score. thats way to easy.

There is also no real style on that map as several people already worked on it.

oh on dustball it's as difficult to score as on nexballarena. just the area around it is a factor.

once you figured out how to score on basket case. it's also rather easy to score, ask your dear clan leader.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] WHR for XonStats (Replace ELO?) => Leaderboards Return Antares* 3 2,644 09-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Antibody