Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello!(:

Hi, my name is MCG and I just made my forum account! I played Xonotic yesterday and am still figuring out all of the controls Smile (I don't know all the weapons or how they work yet... ehe)

I'm currently reading the beginner tut thread here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2529 Smile
My favorite weapon is the Rocket Launcher (I come from playing ESEA-O Soldier in TF2). I like taking walks, rollerblading, playing guitar, and airshots Big Grin

I would like to ask though, how come I can't ALT + TAB? It causes DarkEngine to crash for me Sad

Also, are there any scripts that are usable such as in TF2? I don't mean rocketjumping scripts but more like key binding ones.
(For instance: bind "w" "m_forward" to bind W to the forward movement key)

Finally are there any comps for Xonotic? (And rocket jump maps?) What are the divisions if so? (Not looking to make money off of it, hardly anyone makes money off gaming except Fatal1ty, but rather to see just how good I should become to be the best I can)

I hope to see you guys in-game Smile Xonotic really has a wonderful community

EDIT: Oh yeah, I need a new mouse. Any suggestions? My current mouse has only 200 dpi or so ><! Wireless, and I can't switch weapons fast enough... unless you guys have a tip. :O I'm thinking about one with buttons on the side because I don't know how to effectively switch between 9 weapons.

EDIT2: Does crouch jumping matter at all?
Angel Dum dum dum~ Angel

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: Hi, my name is MCG and I just made my forum account! I played Xonotic yesterday and am still figuring out all of the controls Smile (I don't know all the weapons or how they work yet... ehe)
Hello and welcome to Xonotic! Big Grin

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: I'm currently reading the beginner tut thread here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2529 Smile
My favorite weapon is the Rocket Launcher (I come from playing ESEA-O Soldier in TF2). I like taking walks, rollerblading, playing guitar, and airshots Big Grin
Awesome, another TF2 player! Big Grin

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: I would like to ask though, how come I can't ALT + TAB? It causes DarkEngine to crash for me Sad
How odd, alt tabbing works for me... Tried both the SDL and GLX versions of the engine? (both .exe files)

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: Also, are there any scripts that are usable such as in TF2? I don't mean rocketjumping scripts but more like key binding ones.
Absolutely!
The console command to bind a key to walk forward in Xonotic is:
Code:
bind w +forward
You can bind a key to any console command, and even create aliases for more complicated scripts with the alias command. You can search for commands using the "apropos" command like so:
Code:
apropos foo
Will look for any command containing the string "foo". Tab-completion on the console is very useful too, write a couple letters of a command (for example just a + to get a list of the "movement button" commands), then hit tab!

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: Finally are there any comps for Xonotic? (And rocket jump maps?) What are the divisions if so? (Not looking to make money off of it, hardly anyone makes money off gaming except Fatal1ty, but rather to see just how good I should become to be the best I can)
Tourneys are held every now and then, for example right now there is a Nexball tourney running and iirc a duel tourney? Others probably know better Tongue

Anyway a good way to get in touch with competitive gameplay in Xonotic is joining the #xonotic.pickup IRC-channel at irc.quakenet.org and !add-ing up for games! Wink

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: (And rocket jump maps?)
We have a whole gamemode dedicated for just these, trickjump maps. It's called CTS (complete this stage). (There's also a more traditional Race mode where you run around a racetrack and can kill others, but it's nowhere near as popular as CTS is)

Most CTS servers run non-standard "XPM" (Xonotic ProMode) physics that mimick Quake3 physics a little bit, they are harder than the default Xonotic physics but definitely more "competitive" for racing. Have a look at this video for a general idea (it's a fantastic trickjump video to watch either way!) http://youtu.be/VAVsJI2PCiM - this left and right mouse turning he's doing there (strafejumping) is basically exploiting a bug and gaining him a lot of speed. Takes quite a bit of practice since it's so unnatural, but it's *totally* worth it if you're interested in the CTS gamemode! As you're a TF2 player you should already be familiar with air strafing - works in Xonotic too. Smile However to airstrafe in Xonotic, you must hold only either A or D (no W or S). To strafejump (lots of acceleration if done right) you hold both W + A or W + D and turn your mouse smoothly in respective directions.

Air strafing works in both default physics and XPM, strafejumping works in XPM and up to some degree in default physics (it's been rather heavily nerfed when you reach higher speeds). Oh yeah one more physics-related thing that's really different from TF2: you can keep jumping just by holding down space, your spacebar will thank you if you do this. Wink

I'd say roughly 30% (?) of played CTS maps contain weapons, some of them use the rocket launcher. Those would be your "rocket jump maps". Wink

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: I hope to see you guys in-game Smile Xonotic really has a wonderful community
Hope to see you in game as well! <3

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: EDIT: Oh yeah, I need a new mouse. Any suggestions? My current mouse has only 200 dpi or so ><! Wireless, and I can't switch weapons fast enough... unless you guys have a tip. :O
One of Razer's mice. Wink

Whoa, long post got long.

Cheers,
FruitieX
(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: EDIT2: Does crouch jumping matter at all?

No, and this is such a shame IMO. I keep trying to do this in non-source based games. Sad
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Oh cool, you're a TF2 player! Smile

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by engines O.O I play off of Desura 64-bit.

Thank you, I'll look into scripting for this game more Smile

PuGs sound fun, I'll join them once I feel a bit more comfortable with the game.

CTS... I'll check those out Smile Do I just search "CTS" on the Multiplayer... tab? Also, can you explain strafe jumping? I know how to do it from a rocketjump and the like (I'm an avid TF2 RJ'er), but not from a bhop. What keys are he pressing? Does crouch jumping matter?

And one of Razer's mice.. okay. I'll check those out Smile How do I switch weapons though? Like, switch them well/instantly? I traditionally use numbers from TF2, KF, H:CE etc etc, but I've never had to deal with 9 weapons at once. That's why I asked about the mouse. Should I get the ones with bind-able numbers on the side?

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: I don't know how to effectively switch between 9 weapons.

Keyword: Weapon binds.

Everyone has their own preference here, but this is how I've got mine set up (there really is no default, try things out and see what you like):

Q = machine gun
E = rocket launcher
R = nexgun (railgun/sniper thingy)
F = electro (shoots blue blobs :-P)
G = hagar (rapid fire rocketlauncher thing)
X = grenade launcher
C = crylink (shoots purple projectiles in weird shapes)
1 = laser (very useful for trickjumping BTW! try to use this instead of the RL, it hurts a lot less!)
2 = shotgun

You can set these up in the settings menu.
If you use binds I recommend that you turn weapon auto-switch off in: Multiplayer => Player setup => Weapon settings
(03-14-2012, 06:04 PM)MCG Wrote: CTS... I'll check those out Smile Do I just search "CTS" on the Multiplayer... tab? Also, can you explain strafe jumping? I know how to do it from a rocketjump and the like (I'm an avid TF2 RJ'er), but not from a bhop. What keys are he pressing? Does crouch jumping matter?

Yes, search for CTS in the server browser. If you join the [lcbx] CTS server now I could explain the basics of strafejumping Wink
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Welcome here. Wink

(03-14-2012, 05:52 PM)FruitieX Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: Hi, my name is MCG and I just made my forum account! I played Xonotic yesterday and am still figuring out all of the controls Smile (I don't know all the weapons or how they work yet... ehe)
Hello and welcome to Xonotic! Big Grin

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: I'm currently reading the beginner tut thread here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2529 Smile
Awesome, another TF2 player! Big Grin

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: I would like to ask though, how come I can't ALT + TAB? It causes DarkEngine to crash for me Sad
How odd, alt tabbing works for me... Tried both the SDL and GLX versions of the engine? (both .exe files)

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: Also, are there any scripts that are usable such as in TF2? I don't mean rocketjumping scripts but more like key binding ones.
Absolutely!
The console command to bind a key to walk forward in Xonotic is:
Code:
bind w +forward
You can bind a key to any console command, and even create aliases for more complicated scripts with the alias command. You can search for commands using the "apropos" command like so:
Code:
apropos foo
Will look for any command containing the string "foo". Tab-completion on the console is very useful too, write a couple letters of a command (for example just a + to get a list of the "movement button" commands), then hit tab!

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: Finally are there any comps for Xonotic? (And rocket jump maps?) What are the divisions if so? (Not looking to make money off of it, hardly anyone makes money off gaming except Fatal1ty, but rather to see just how good I should become to be the best I can)
Tourneys are held every now and then, for example right now there is a Nexball tourney running and iirc a duel tourney? Others probably know better Tongue

Anyway a good way to get in touch with competitive gameplay in Xonotic is joining the #xonotic.pickup IRC-channel at irc.quakenet.org and !add-ing up for games! Wink

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: (And rocket jump maps?)
We have a whole gamemode dedicated for just these, trickjump maps. It's called CTS (complete this stage). (There's also a more traditional Race mode where you run around a racetrack and can kill others, but it's nowhere near as popular as CTS is)

Most CTS servers run non-standard "XPM" (Xonotic ProMode) physics that mimick Quake3 physics a little bit, they are harder than the default Xonotic physics but definitely more "competitive" for racing. Have a look at this video for a general idea (it's a fantastic trickjump video to watch either way!) http://youtu.be/VAVsJI2PCiM - this left and right mouse turning he's doing there (strafejumping) is basically exploiting a bug and gaining him a lot of speed. Takes quite a bit of practice since it's so unnatural, but it's *totally* worth it if you're interested in the CTS gamemode! As you're a TF2 player you should already be familiar with air strafing - works in Xonotic too. Smile However to airstrafe in Xonotic, you must hold only either A or D (no W or S). To strafejump (lots of acceleration if done right) you hold both W + A or W + D and turn your mouse smoothly in respective directions.

Air strafing works in both default physics and XPM, strafejumping works in XPM and up to some degree in default physics (it's been rather heavily nerfed when you reach higher speeds). Oh yeah one more physics-related thing that's really different from TF2: you can keep jumping just by holding down space, your spacebar will thank you if you do this. Wink

I'd say roughly 30% (?) of played CTS maps contain weapons, some of them use the rocket launcher. Those would be your "rocket jump maps". Wink

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: I hope to see you guys in-game Smile Xonotic really has a wonderful community
Hope to see you in game as well! <3

(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: EDIT: Oh yeah, I need a new mouse. Any suggestions? My current mouse has only 200 dpi or so ><! Wireless, and I can't switch weapons fast enough... unless you guys have a tip. :O
One of Razer's mice. Wink

Whoa, long post got long.

Cheers,
FruitieX
(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: EDIT2: Does crouch jumping matter at all?

No, and this is such a shame IMO. I keep trying to do this in non-source based games. Sad

(03-14-2012, 06:06 PM)FruitieX Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 05:30 PM)MCG Wrote: I don't know how to effectively switch between 9 weapons.

Keyword: Weapon binds.

Everyone has their own preference here, but this is how I've got mine set up (there really is no default, try things out and see what you like):

Q = machine gun
E = rocket launcher
R = nexgun (railgun/sniper thingy)
F = electro (shoots blue blobs :-P)
G = hagar (rapid fire rocketlauncher thing)
X = grenade launcher
C = crylink (shoots purple projectiles in weird shapes)
1 = laser (very useful for trickjumping BTW! try to use this instead of the RL, it hurts a lot less!)
2 = shotgun

You can set these up in the settings menu.
If you use binds I recommend that you turn weapon auto-switch off in: Multiplayer => Player setup => Weapon settings
(03-14-2012, 06:04 PM)MCG Wrote: CTS... I'll check those out Smile Do I just search "CTS" on the Multiplayer... tab? Also, can you explain strafe jumping? I know how to do it from a rocketjump and the like (I'm an avid TF2 RJ'er), but not from a bhop. What keys are he pressing? Does crouch jumping matter?

Yes, search for CTS in the server browser. If you join the [lcbx] CTS server now I could explain the basics of strafejumping Wink

Wow, that's quite a bit. Could I use a .cfg/.txt file for that? It'd seem to be easier for larger scale changes.

I'll try out your "loadout" and play with it Smile Sorry I couldn't go on, I was busy.

Sure, you can put a .cfg file any place you like in your data directory. If you're using windows, that's in My Documents\My Games\Xonotic or something similar. Or in your user directory... There's a way to find out: in the xonotic console (shift escape) just type this:
Code:
which config.cfg
That will show you the path to your data directory, where config.cfg lives. Don't edit config.cfg, it's overwritten every time you quit the game. Instead, you can make a file called autoexec.cfg in the same directory. In that file, you can put all the console commands you want, including exec commands which execute other cfg files.

Here's how I do it: I have a directory called "cfg" in my data directory, where I put all my cfg files. I call them individually from autoexec.cfg using "exec cfg/blah.cfg" and so on. My binds are one of the files in cfg/

You can add comments to cfg files by starting the line with //

Welcome to Xonotic!

(03-15-2012, 04:04 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Sure, you can put a .cfg file any place you like in your data directory. If you're using windows, that's in My Documents\My Games\Xonotic or something similar. Or in your user directory... There's a way to find out: in the xonotic console (shift escape) just type this:
Code:
which config.cfg
That will show you the path to your data directory, where config.cfg lives. Don't edit config.cfg, it's overwritten every time you quit the game. Instead, you can make a file called autoexec.cfg in the same directory. In that file, you can put all the console commands you want, including exec commands which execute other cfg files.

Here's how I do it: I have a directory called "cfg" in my data directory, where I put all my cfg files. I call them individually from autoexec.cfg using "exec cfg/blah.cfg" and so on. My binds are one of the files in cfg/

You can add comments to cfg files by starting the line with //

Thank you <3

Could you kindly show me to a default binds cfg? I'd prefer to edit from there than change the entire thing myself. And are there any different HUD (configs, I know about Luminos, Luminos minimal) and fps configs where you can choose to disable things such as rocket flare and whatnot? Sorry for my tons of questions ><!

Sure! Here's the bind section from defaultXonotic.cfg:
Code:
// movement
bind w +forward
bind a +moveleft
bind s +back
bind d +moveright
bind UPARROW +forward
bind LEFTARROW +moveleft
bind DOWNARROW +back
bind RIGHTARROW +moveright
bind SHIFT +crouch
bind ENTER +jump
bind SPACE +jump

// weapons
alias weapon_group_1 "impulse 1"
alias weapon_group_2 "impulse 2"
alias weapon_group_3 "impulse 3"
alias weapon_group_4 "impulse 4"
alias weapon_group_5 "impulse 5"
alias weapon_group_6 "impulse 6"
alias weapon_group_7 "impulse 7"
alias weapon_group_8 "impulse 8"
alias weapon_group_9 "impulse 9"
alias weapon_group_0 "impulse 14" // cycles the superweapons
exec weapons.cfg
bind 0 weapon_group_0
bind 1 weapon_group_1
bind 2 weapon_group_2
bind 3 weapon_group_3
bind 4 weapon_group_4
bind 5 weapon_group_5
bind 6 weapon_group_6
bind 7 weapon_group_7
bind 8 weapon_group_8
bind 9 weapon_group_9
bind q weaplast
bind MOUSE1 +fire
bind MOUSE2 +fire2
bind MOUSE3 togglezoom
bind MOUSE4 weaplast
bind MOUSE5 +hook
bind MWHEELUP weapnext
bind MWHEELDOWN weapprev
bind r reload
bind BACKSPACE dropweapon
bind g dropweapon
bind f +use
bind v +button8 // drag object

// misc
bind e +hook
bind ` toggleconsole
bind ~ toggleconsole
bind TAB +showscores
bind ESCAPE togglemenu
bind t messagemode
bind y messagemode2
bind z messagemode2
bind u "+con_chat_maximize"
bind m +hud_panel_radar_maximized
bind i +show_info
bind PAUSE pause
bind F10 menu_showquitdialog
bind F11 disconnect
bind F12 screenshot
bind F4 ready
bind ALT +showaccuracy

// Gamepad defaults. Tested with Logitech Rumblepad 2, I hope similar ones works as well.
bind JOY1 "+crouch"
bind JOY2 "+jump"
bind JOY3 "weapprev"
bind JOY4 "weapnext"
bind JOY5 "+fire2"
bind JOY6 "+fire"
bind JOY7 "+zoom"
bind JOY8 "dropweapon"
bind JOY9 "menu_showteamselect"
bind JOY10 "+show_info"
bind JOY11 "+showscores"
bind JOY12 "+con_chat_maximize"
seta joyadvanced "1"
seta joyadvaxisr "2"
seta joyadvaxisx "3"
seta joyadvaxisy "1"
seta joyadvaxisz "4"
seta joysidesensitivity "1.0"
seta joypitchsensitivity "0.9"
seta joyyawsensitivity "-1.8"
// SDL only
seta joy_deadzoneforward "0.05"
seta joy_deadzonepitch "0.05"
seta joy_deadzoneside "0.05"
seta joy_deadzoneup "0.05"
seta joy_deadzoneyaw "0.05"
seta joy_sensitivitypitch "0.9"
seta joy_sensitivityyaw "-1.8"

// team say
bind kp_ins messagemode
bind kp_del messagemode2
bind kp_end "+userbind 1"
bind kp_downarrow "+userbind 2"
bind kp_pgdn "+userbind 3"
bind kp_leftarrow "+userbind 4"
bind kp_5 "+userbind 6"
bind kp_rightarrow "+userbind 7"
bind kp_home "+userbind 9"
bind kp_uparrow "+userbind 10"
bind kp_pgup "+userbind 11"
bind kp_multiply "+userbind 12"
bind kp_slash "+userbind 13"
bind kp_enter "+userbind 16"
bind kp_plus "+userbind 17"
bind kp_minus "+userbind 18"

bind F1 vyes
bind F2 vno

//used for spectate/observer mode
bind F3 spec

If you have a keyboard with non-ASCII keys (accented letters typically), you *might* have some trouble binding them from a .cfg. Just look at how the menu does it: bind a random action to the key and have a look at the resulting config.cfg. Of course, the encoding of the file matters then.
Some special keys like & or ; (or perhaps even \) will have to be quoted to be bound correctly: bind ";" blah
(I think & needs to be quoted but I'm not sure why, my old config has it quoted anyway)

(03-16-2012, 02:23 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Sure! Here's the bind section from defaultXonotic.cfg:
Code:
// movement
bind w +forward
bind a +moveleft
bind s +back
bind d +moveright
bind UPARROW +forward
bind LEFTARROW +moveleft
bind DOWNARROW +back
bind RIGHTARROW +moveright
bind SHIFT +crouch
bind ENTER +jump
bind SPACE +jump

// weapons
alias weapon_group_1 "impulse 1"
alias weapon_group_2 "impulse 2"
alias weapon_group_3 "impulse 3"
alias weapon_group_4 "impulse 4"
alias weapon_group_5 "impulse 5"
alias weapon_group_6 "impulse 6"
alias weapon_group_7 "impulse 7"
alias weapon_group_8 "impulse 8"
alias weapon_group_9 "impulse 9"
alias weapon_group_0 "impulse 14" // cycles the superweapons
exec weapons.cfg
bind 0 weapon_group_0
bind 1 weapon_group_1
bind 2 weapon_group_2
bind 3 weapon_group_3
bind 4 weapon_group_4
bind 5 weapon_group_5
bind 6 weapon_group_6
bind 7 weapon_group_7
bind 8 weapon_group_8
bind 9 weapon_group_9
bind q weaplast
bind MOUSE1 +fire
bind MOUSE2 +fire2
bind MOUSE3 togglezoom
bind MOUSE4 weaplast
bind MOUSE5 +hook
bind MWHEELUP weapnext
bind MWHEELDOWN weapprev
bind r reload
bind BACKSPACE dropweapon
bind g dropweapon
bind f +use
bind v +button8 // drag object

// misc
bind e +hook
bind ` toggleconsole
bind ~ toggleconsole
bind TAB +showscores
bind ESCAPE togglemenu
bind t messagemode
bind y messagemode2
bind z messagemode2
bind u "+con_chat_maximize"
bind m +hud_panel_radar_maximized
bind i +show_info
bind PAUSE pause
bind F10 menu_showquitdialog
bind F11 disconnect
bind F12 screenshot
bind F4 ready
bind ALT +showaccuracy

// Gamepad defaults. Tested with Logitech Rumblepad 2, I hope similar ones works as well.
bind JOY1 "+crouch"
bind JOY2 "+jump"
bind JOY3 "weapprev"
bind JOY4 "weapnext"
bind JOY5 "+fire2"
bind JOY6 "+fire"
bind JOY7 "+zoom"
bind JOY8 "dropweapon"
bind JOY9 "menu_showteamselect"
bind JOY10 "+show_info"
bind JOY11 "+showscores"
bind JOY12 "+con_chat_maximize"
seta joyadvanced "1"
seta joyadvaxisr "2"
seta joyadvaxisx "3"
seta joyadvaxisy "1"
seta joyadvaxisz "4"
seta joysidesensitivity "1.0"
seta joypitchsensitivity "0.9"
seta joyyawsensitivity "-1.8"
// SDL only
seta joy_deadzoneforward "0.05"
seta joy_deadzonepitch "0.05"
seta joy_deadzoneside "0.05"
seta joy_deadzoneup "0.05"
seta joy_deadzoneyaw "0.05"
seta joy_sensitivitypitch "0.9"
seta joy_sensitivityyaw "-1.8"

// team say
bind kp_ins messagemode
bind kp_del messagemode2
bind kp_end "+userbind 1"
bind kp_downarrow "+userbind 2"
bind kp_pgdn "+userbind 3"
bind kp_leftarrow "+userbind 4"
bind kp_5 "+userbind 6"
bind kp_rightarrow "+userbind 7"
bind kp_home "+userbind 9"
bind kp_uparrow "+userbind 10"
bind kp_pgup "+userbind 11"
bind kp_multiply "+userbind 12"
bind kp_slash "+userbind 13"
bind kp_enter "+userbind 16"
bind kp_plus "+userbind 17"
bind kp_minus "+userbind 18"

bind F1 vyes
bind F2 vno

//used for spectate/observer mode
bind F3 spec

If you have a keyboard with non-ASCII keys (accented letters typically), you *might* have some trouble binding them from a .cfg. Just look at how the menu does it: bind a random action to the key and have a look at the resulting config.cfg. Of course, the encoding of the file matters then.
Some special keys like & or ; (or perhaps even \) will have to be quoted to be bound correctly: bind ";" blah
(I think & needs to be quoted but I'm not sure why, my old config has it quoted anyway)

Thank you very much. Which folder I do drop this in (Look below for the -dedicated/-slx stuff... wait, does that even matter?)? It looks a small bit different than how to edit configs in Steam.

Also, what Xonotic do I/should I run? There's xonotic-dedicated, xonotic-64, xonotic-slx, etc.

Finally (Last one, I promise! ... for today XD) what graphics/sounds do I not need? I have ambient and music off, dropped to OMG! level graphics, took off bloom/corona, etc.
Angel Dum dum dum~ Angel

Can you tell me exactly what xonotic executables you see? -dedicated is the server, don't use that.

-sdl is SDL, -wgl is OpenGL, try both and see what you like best.

For the binds: put them in a .cfg file in your data directory. I said this in my post above.

If you want minimal graphics, have a look at the configuration tips forum. There are a few tips in the recent topics.

(03-17-2012, 10:58 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Can you tell me exactly what xonotic executables you see? -dedicated is the server, don't use that.

-sdl is SDL, -wgl is OpenGL, try both and see what you like best.

For the binds: put them in a .cfg file in your data directory. I said this in my post above.

If you want minimal graphics, have a look at the configuration tips forum. There are a few tips in the recent topics.

Is there even a difference between SKL and OpenGL? (My game looks a little washed out, should I turn down the brightness?)

http://i40.tinypic.com/166gkgm.png
Angel Dum dum dum~ Angel

it's SDL, not SKL. And yes, the difference is mostly perceptible in the input, and perhaps sound. Use whichever lags the least for you, that's why we have two!

And use the x64 ones if you have a 64bit OS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,236 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  Hello hello!. (hola :D) bdvd 5 5,740 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: tux9656