Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Utilise a mod within Xonotic?

How would I go about taking a mod, like overkill, and enabling it in game so I can play a local match with all the custom weapons, sounds + gameplay enhancments? Something like Warsow's mod list...

Thanks.

1) write the mod, its only a few hundred lines of coke
2) play it

Tongue

If Overkill is a simple modification of one of the build in games and you only need to change a few cvar's to run it, then add a overkill.cfg and run it with "exec overkill.cfg". overkill.cfg should contain the cvar's you need to change.

Quote:1) write the mod, its only a few hundred lines of coke

That sounds deeply ironic. :E

(03-15-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaceman Wrote: 1) write the mod, its only a few hundred lines of coke

That explains the level of chaos that exists in Overkill...
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Overkill is currently a git branch in the official repository.

In your git clone, do ./all checkout tzork/overkill then ./all compile and ./all run.

We don't have a "modlist", "mods" in xonotic are actually complete replacements to the game logic. There's no such thing as modules that add to the game, you have to recompile the whole thing

(03-15-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaceman Wrote: ...
"exec overkill.cfg". overkill.cfg should contain the cvar's you need to change.

wrong. overkill handles that itself. in fact you should NOT exec this file as it will mess up standard balance settings if you do (until game is restarted). all you need to do is check out its branch, compile, set g_overkill 1 and load some map. How other mods do things may differ, some like dotc, needs you to exec both server and client configs. Other will have no config options at all.

Since they are not modules as such, its hard to make any sorta list. A well behaved & fairly done mutator/mode would make sure to show itself in the multiplayer/create dialog along with the standard mods/modes, however.

(03-15-2012, 04:22 PM)tZork Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaceman Wrote: ...
"exec overkill.cfg". overkill.cfg should contain the cvar's you need to change.

wrong. overkill handles that itself. in fact you should NOT exec this file as it will mess up standard balance settings if you do (until game is restarted).

tZork is 100% correct. Ignore my initial post, I did not know there was an Overkill mod available on the Xonotic GIT. Sorry.

* Spaceman giggles at his second coke/code typo in recent days

Ah, I thought your typo was intentional and inspired by the first, but it isn't! Magnificent!

Ahh, well you see... I don't have git. Blush

harder then, if you have a pendrive worth of drivespace (~10 gigs tops, atm) and some time i suggest you do get the git repos set up if your interested in ruining mods locally.

If not, you need to ask the doos making the mod/s in question for a pkg and how to use it. The quakec Vm used for xonotic does not allow 'addon' games.

(03-16-2012, 04:48 PM)tZork Wrote: ruining mods locally
Ruining or running? Not sure if he wants to ruin them but maybe he does! I think directly doing a cfg exec is enough of a way of ruining things on it's own! Big Grin
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Maybe this thread should be renamed to "funny typos thread".

I would like to ruin my coke.
Ahem, I mean run my code.
I am Xonotic, and so can you!
Pwnage, a close relative of sausage.
Look how terrible I am:
[Image: 20796.png]

Was that joke really worth bringing back that thread from 16 months ago? Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Mod overriding vanilla Xonotic Gary59 1 1,601 09-21-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Vehicle Mod glitch-third person speeder. Leroy 2 4,421 10-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Leroy