Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convenient Xonotic Server Management Script

NOTE: Make sure you have Bash and GNU Screen installed before you try using this, and that you adjust the directories to match your setup!

Introduction

I wrote this script to make life easier for myself when running my Xonotic server. It also allows me to easily expand to several servers should I wish to. It uses GNU Screen so that I can easily attach and detach from any servers i'm running.

Download

The script comes in two parts. A utility and a launcher for the server. Place both wherever you want. Make sure to edit the bottom line of xonoticlauncher.sh to point to xonotic-servertool.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39026936/xonotic-servertool

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39026936/xonoticlauncher.sh

Configuration

xonotic-servertool is the main script. This handles starting, stopping, restarting, and showing the status of the server. You should NOT need to edit this file at any point unless you wish to improve on it's features.

xonoticlauncher.sh. This is the launching file for your server. You can have several of these for different servers if you wish.

Below is a key to what each line of this launcher does:

"NAME" = The name of the screen session.
"DESC" = The description for the screen session.
"DIR" = The directory which contains the xonotic-dedicated binary you are using.
"DAEMON" = The path to your xonotic-dedicated binary.
"PARAMS" = The paramers for starting the server, this is where you point it to your server configuration file.
"DATA" = This is the name of your dedicated server binary

The bottom line tells it where to look for the Xonotic server tool.

Usage:

To do something to the server. You will always run the xonoticlauncher.sh script with a command after it. To see a list of available commands run xonoticlauncher.sh on it's own.

To START the server, type xonoticlauncher.sh start
To STOP the server, type xonoticlauncher.sh stop
To RESTART the server, type xonoticlauncher.sh restart
To see the STATUS of the server, type xonoticlauncher.sh status

(NOTE: I'm planning to make status show the output of a status command on the console shortly).

When the server is running, you can attach to the screen session using:
screen -rS (NAME you put in xonoticlauncher.sh)
e.g. screen -rS xonotic

To detach from the screen session type:
Ctrl + A + D

- Pricetx.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 672 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,819 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,753 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,040 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,965 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,318 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Management Console for Linux servers MarisaG 1 2,455 09-17-2018, 03:59 AM
Last Post: MarisaG
  Running a config script when the server becomes empty? Notavi 3 2,682 08-18-2018, 12:10 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server Professor 2 2,949 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Professor