Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simple items

I'd keep the gaps too.

rafallus, just in case, are you working from the source files? Just to make sure you're working on hires versions (1024x1024), otherwise it will make it hard to make further tweaks, and it's possible the "final" version might end up being 512x512. So ideally flatten/downsize only for exporting. Are you using Gimp?

BTW I'm seeing 2 different reds on your update, tiny difference but is a bit strange, almost looks like compression artifacts but it's right where the white circle passes under the cross, on each "tip" of the cross.

I don't have sources handy (other than mega_health linked earlier). Where can I get them?

I don't have gimp, but XCF does open in PDN I'm using now.

Never heard of PDN, what is it for software?

http://www.getpaint.net/

And for vector stuff - Inkscape. BTW is there any harm, if stuff would get converted from XCF into sth vector like SVG? Because scalability would surely benefit from that.

I dont mind doing so, im more use to gimp but ive done stuff in inkscape in the past so it should not be a big problem :-)

Btw im on holiday with bad wifi and just an iPad so i dont think i can do more than giving feedback this week, sorry

Can I get current health and armor sources?

Progress: Weapons and ammo are vectorized now. Fixed gradients on cells and rockets, now fixing up the mg to make it look more even.

Good job:-)

but sadly enough im not home, so no sources :/

If you guys want concepts on the unmajor items then i actually can help :-) i found a painting for the crappy iPad im using xD

Too bad because last sources I've found are not up to date then, with HP/AP items looking different than last in-game package provided. Oh well, I'll wait, not like I'm moving at blistering pace now.

I've provided some extremely crude concepts earlier for non-standard items, do provide yours as well and maybe some consensus on general shapes will be reached.

UPDATE: attached sources for vectorized guns + ammo. Including changes I told I would introduce. Since they are properly vectorized and not just embedded rasters, you can scale them as you please without losing clarity.

Some object groupings can be improved (rocket ammo comes to mind), but it only matters for sources and not for output graphics.

Now waiting for HP/AP.

UPDATE 2: Yet another idea - new crylink icon (essentially frontal view of a shot with lines to symbolize focusing action, current icon is on the left). Which one do y'all like better?

.png   crylink_vs_crylink.png (Size: 5.43 KB / Downloads: 198)

Attached Files
.zip   simple_svg_sources_ammo_guns.zip (Size: 44.46 KB / Downloads: 4)

Well maybe rotating the first one 90*? I your one too though.

Im coming home maybe in about 2-3 days i think.

I like your one too though*

CW or CCW?

Quote:I your one too though.

Huh?

I like your one too though*

What do you mean with CW and CCW?

clockwise or counterclockwise?

Counterclockwise so it looks like its hitting a wall :-)

All versions: rotated and rotated + flipped.

Attached Files
.png   crylinks.png (Size: 31.04 KB / Downloads: 148)

Okey it looks best in its original rotation IMO. Cant really decide which one is the best, your or mine. But your seem bigger and easier to catch in a hectic duel so i would go with yours i think :-)

OK, I've fixed it up to a bit better accuracy. I'll include it once I'll get current HP and AP items to vectorize.

Attached Files
.zip   crylink2.zip (Size: 1.4 KB / Downloads: 3)

Im back home in 2 days :-)

Great job btw these items is starting to get awesome :-)

For a bump, a little showcase of guns and ammo. All scaled to roughly same size.

.png   showcase.png (Size: 28.15 KB / Downloads: 104)

Looks like rafallus has completely nailed it. The weapons and ammo look good and are easily identifiable.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Im home in about an hour :-) rafallus after ive sent the ap/hp project files could you please upload them as project files/vector so we can make sure scaling and such is perfect ?

Sure, upload them and I'll make them vector.

Scaling all to the same size is an issue I've not tackled yet. Remade items (crylink, electro) are much bigger than the rest. But it's all vector already, so how bad can it be to do so?

Great :-) i can fix sizes and such when we compress them to 512x512 tgas Big Grin looking forward to these in game.

Btw rafallus did you remade the shards? also i gonna sit up all night working on the items and playing xonotic Big Grin

I've posted remade HP shard, but that was still TGA changed directly. Once I get sources, I can change it up as vector.

Good, can you repost them so i can make the source like that dir(saving time)? My ones didnt get good feedback yours though were great.

Oh right. Attached.

Though, if mine got good feedback, so did yours to some extent - I didn't touch most of them, just replaced crylink and electro. And fixed up mg to get barrels to be evenly spaced.

Redoing gradient job was included in fixing up botched parts of vectorizing.

Attached Files
.zip   simple_ammo_bullets.zip (Size: 28.97 KB / Downloads: 3)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random items & loot Lyberta 3 4,276 10-14-2017, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  simple Xonotic starter app Freddy 13 10,395 04-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Pendulla