Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simple items

I meant the shards, anyway those ammos are outdated, I made the border fatter and changed the bullets cause ppl said it was too similar to the shells. Here is the source files for the ones to vectorized, thanks for doing this btw.
just a sec....

EDIT: those ammos not items sry

Then I guess it would be faster to make borders fatter on already vectorized ones than wait till I get ammo sources, vectorize again, fix up botched gradient jobs, etc.

I'll still make the rest vector as normal.

Great, just relized I havent saved some of the new ones as source :/ but i will remake them as quick as possible

here is the sources of the ones waiting to get vectorized
http://ompldr.org/vZWpqNg/items.zip

UPDATE:
use this one instead:
http://ompldr.org/vZWpqOQ/items.zip

Vectorized basic set. Fixed gradients again on ammo.

Problems:
-Not fixed mega health. This is too much for me right now. This item vectorized horribly - edges are a mess and a ring just disappeared.
-Bullets look awfully similar to shells. I've replaced them with mg icon in frame and called it a day. Attached backup of old bullets as bullets2.svg. Comparison:

.zip   simple_basic_set.zip (Size: 49.4 KB / Downloads: 3)

Attached Files
.png   bull_comparison.png (Size: 14.49 KB / Downloads: 180)

(06-28-2012, 03:22 PM)rafallus Wrote: Vectorized basic set. Fixed gradients again on ammo.

Problems:
-Not fixed mega health. This is too much for me right now. This item vectorized horribly - edges are a mess and a ring just disappeared.
-Bullets look awfully similar to shells. I've replaced them with mg icon in frame and called it a day. Attached backup of old bullets as bullets2.svg. Comparison:

I can fix the mega health np, I don't really know, I like your idea but I might try to fine tune it a bit if that's okey, anyway gonna start working on them now.

Sure, tune as you see fit, we shall see when results are posted, if it's gonna work. Hopefully so, the faster it's done, the better.

I thought something like this http://ompldr.org/vZWpubQ/bullets.png

Here's the mega http://ompldr.org/vZWpucg/health_mega.xcf.zip

btw can you make the armor shard in the same size as the small cross health shard you made?

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but I've shrunk shard quite a bit.

Also mega now went properly. Color was not preserved, but I've restored it manually.

I'm not sold on that bullets icon though, you'd have to redo mg too, and current one IMO does the job. It did even without fixing barrels up.

Attached Files
.zip   simple_upgrades.zip (Size: 3.75 KB / Downloads: 7)

Great! Big Grin that was just like I meant, now I don't get redoing the MG, but if you want sure.

First I didnt care about the MG cause it going out from the major guns but it'll still be in the mutator though.

I got an idea for the unmajor guns in "New Toys" and that is to make them all in the same color, there is not so many colors out there and it's better seperating them from the major ones IMO. '

The thing is I don't want redoing MG. And for the same reason, I don't see how having different looking icon on bullets than mg (though kind of similar in idea) is necessary. Only other weapon that uses bullets now is rifle. Though wait, I have an idea. If you insist on making ammo icons different than gun icons, how about this? Not similar to shells at all. Nor to mg. Or rifle.

.png   bullets3.png (Size: 4.55 KB / Downloads: 155)

As for one color for new toys, that's a nifty idea.

Though I had another one - make them in the same color as the guns they are replacing.

Eg. mine launcher replaces rl - make it the same color as rl. Would be logical, though may screw some colors ammo wise (unless it's gonna get reworked - as far as I see now, "new toys" replaces only mg with hlac and rl with mine layer. But if it gets changed, switching colors is a trivial task).

One other thing - I'm not sure all weapons left qualify as "new toys".
Fireball and minsta - are superweapons and spawn like shield/strength.
tuba - is more of an easter egg
hook, port-o-launch - never seen them on any map.

That leaves mine layer, hlac, tag seeker and rifle.

But we need some devs (Samual? As he was the one who coined the "core weapons" term) to clear that up.

And I'm quite sure we need LG icon handy. A simple thunder IMO will do.

Will this do? http://ompldr.org/vZWs1bw/bullets.png

Also, when I do the final touches and export them to TGA's am I supposed to have 512x512 or 256x256?

I don't have a problem with these.

Don't know about size, ask nifrek I think.

Oki, he know that best I think. Time for bed, will do more tomorow if not my parents force me to go out or something.

These bullets make me think of pencils.

*Not saying it's a bad thing.

They look fantastic! +1 for these!

(06-29-2012, 06:17 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: These bullets make me think of pencils.

I know, the MG is gonna get changed into PG(pencil gun) in the next release ^^

kidding, i dont want to work on this anymore xD after redoing them twice and tweaking them all the time makes it so boring, i will still help with the unmajor items though :-)

(06-29-2012, 06:23 PM)K__ Wrote: after redoing them twice and tweaking them all the time makes it so boring

Welcome to the world of open development, when you'll be easily overwhelmed by others requests and demands until you forget why the hell the project was fun in the first place...
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Yeah, maybe a thing for later, if it's gonna draw many complaints after testing.

I'd say - let's complete the rest of set.

But is it just me or you used that not-fixed version of MG?

(06-30-2012, 02:54 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: [quote='K__' pid='43758' dateline='1341012228']
Welcome to the world of open development, when you'll be easily overwhelmed by others requests and demands until you forget why the hell the project was fun in the first place...

Relizing that..

@rafallus

Thought that I werent supposed to change the MG?

Looks like candy! OM NOM NOM NOM

(06-30-2012, 05:55 AM)asy7um Wrote: Looks like candy! OM NOM NOM NOM

lol

Quote:Thought that I werent supposed to change the MG?

It wasn't a change for MG (per se anyway). It was fixing barrels to get them to be evenly spaced. Anyway, it was in source package I attached, so you didn't have to do anything with it - I've already did what was necessary.

Okey good

My takes on the simple items:

I might make the frames a little bit thinner, and the items itself larger, but I think they look good enough already:

[Image: 20tqnflk4ftyktjyxxcx_thumb.jpg] [Image: vjq2ncyrsxd1cfar8e9w_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 0qunr4w26q0oahnnmt4x_thumb.jpg] [Image: 7w36df1b46ez2c75n7t6_thumb.jpg]

[Image: sgjw4obd1rd1rcjgpt6_thumb.jpg] [Image: et100ryctlvfdjb1olxl_thumb.jpg]

[Image: ksv7c7vv5zy14l41wzu_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I don't really like the idea making the weapons just like the ammo, this will get it hard to see what's ammo and what's weapons.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random items & loot Lyberta 3 4,276 10-14-2017, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  simple Xonotic starter app Freddy 13 10,395 04-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Pendulla