Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic Community Fragmovie - Promo -

If you can't listen to the music on youtube, just download the video anyway? I'm sure he'll put a full HQ download link like he did with this promo video in the description. I know for sure I'll be downloading a full quality version rather then watching it on youtube!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

You can't watch the video at all (needs proxy) because of the music. Tongue

Obviously such a video should get attention and will make people trying the game - But only if they can watch it.
Usually you exclude Germany and that would be a lot of people.
New players won't be here to get the file via download.

Can you not even get access to the page though?

Always you germans Wink Anyway, it's upto ZeRoQL what he does, I hope he just uses some really nice music like in his other videos. I'm sure it'll be great anyway.

[Image: 13399473.jpg]

Just wait for it and send your demos in the meantime guys. I am sure ZeRo will make something exciting in the end. Looking forward to it!

I'll watch some of my demos. I don't wanna be only a victim in this movie ^^
(dat lucky frag on stormkeep ! vilain Fisume)
Good job.
Awesome, did Qz show you that ?
Nexuiz : I Reach the top5 of the ladder (even top3 I guess). Top1 French for quite some time (when active) of ladder. Top5 of some tournaments (if I remember well)

(03-27-2012, 04:42 PM)tZork Wrote: It is "hakked" since it is using modified data - this is not something you can achieve by tweaking the games settings. It is as unfair advantage because, as you say kojn, its easier to see. As such is easily defined as cheating, if used in game (and i certainly do hope you don't). That's not my point tough, its rather that i would like see it recorded the way it looks in game - if those effects don't do on video its likely we need to change them in game too. As for how much other games fail, i could not care less Wink

Do not take this to serious, its just some random tough's on my part.

Anyways - zeroql, looking forward to watching this regardless of how you choose to render it, what i saw so far was enjoyable. Keep it up!

I agree with tzork on this one. If I was a viewer watching this and decided afterwards to play the game, I wouldn´t like to think that the trailer showed stuff that you didn´t see in the game.

(03-30-2012, 06:02 PM).Danny. Wrote: I wouldn´t like to think that the trailer showed stuff that you didn´t see in the game.

Its no trailer for the game but a simple fragmovie.Let the artist do whatever he thinks is needed to create an great piece of art.I have rarely seen a good fragmovie that really looked exactly like the game itself.

Updated main post!
I added names for movie and people who have sent their frags Smile

Send more frags guys! also suggest some names Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

I have a name suggestion, how about "Killing Xone" or "In the Xone" ?
xone and zone pronounced the same and its play with words Smile
[Image: 1328.png]

How about - kojn and friends. (haters?)

(04-02-2012, 07:51 AM)kojn^ Wrote: How about - kojn and friends. (haters?)

i prefer 'kojn didn't eat his vegetables!'
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Sounds good Cortez I like it, add it to the list ZeRoQL!

(04-02-2012, 07:48 AM)0siris Wrote: I have a name suggestion, how about "Killing Xone" or "In the Xone" ?
xone and zone pronounced the same and its play with words Smile

Killing Xone sound cool Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy

Killing Xone +1
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Sounds nice indeed, soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jpb0CfUcHQ ?

Wink

Killing Xone is pretty clever.

http://ompldr.org/vZGV3cw/halogene_longr...chtime.zip

This demo is from waterlaz's point of view, I'm sorry but I copied it into my demos folder after waterlaz had provided it to me, not thinking about the fact that I was overwriting my own demo. But everything should be well visible I think.

Edit: suitable for a slow-mo mortar projectile follow cam flight imho, but usage is of course to your own discretion. I also won't be upset if you don't use it. :o)

Edit: another demo: http://ompldr.org/vZGc4Nw/halogene-cryli...mboing.zip

I marked the times in the file name. First frag I drag atheros off the map with crylink, second frag is a nice mortar rocket combo against an almost fully stacked opponent I think. Use as you deem fit, if at all.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Keep sending frags! Smile list is updated!

Soon i am gonna stop receiving demos from you guys.I collected a very good collection of frags(150frags) and gona start on capturing,editing and such Smile
Mirio and other guys plz watch your demos little bit faster so i can include them! :*

MOVIE NAME: Killing Xzone
LENGTH: 15min (for sake of epicness)
RESOLUTION: 1680x1050
FPS: 60
+
Will use original stuff (no effect script)

I am still receiving suggestions!

Why 60fps? And why a computer display resolution instead of some standard video resolutions?

(05-08-2012, 03:26 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Why 60fps? And why a computer display resolution instead of some standard video resolutions?

60fps for smoothness, its not problem to make 30fps version.Every video today is HD, nobody make SD videos... i mean cmon Smile

Oh I will try to find some nice frags still. Didn't play much pickup games lately though, and it just doesn't feel right to record a spectacular frag against some casual player on a public server... :o/
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Why not? I know it's looked down by the pr0 doodz, but back in the good old quake2 times a random fight over a quad (=epic massacre) was one of the most hilarious parts of a movie.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(05-08-2012, 03:31 AM)zeroql Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 03:26 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Why 60fps? And why a computer display resolution instead of some standard video resolutions?

60fps for smoothness, its not problem to make 30fps version.Every video today is HD, nobody make SD videos... i mean cmon Smile

I think he was asking why you picked a res with 16:10 aspect ratio instead of 16:9 like most movies do (1680x945 in this case).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Guys this will be epic. If you don't like it, make your own movie with 25 fps and funny scenes in 240p Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video DODGER | A Xonotic Fragmovie (2022) zeroql 0 1,139 03-13-2022, 12:44 PM
Last Post: zeroql
Video XONOTIC SUMMER BASH FRAGMOVIE (2021) zeroql 0 992 06-22-2021, 07:38 PM
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,603 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,660 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
  "New fragmovie" Wolf-Snipe 1 2,281 01-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: benchfrooser
  'Mediocrity' Xonotic Fragmovie thimo 10 6,256 11-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,849 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
  Rush - A Xonotic Fragmovie Islinn 4 5,300 01-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Video Demo timestamps for Xonotic World Cup 2016 Fragmovie zeroql 31 23,901 09-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Xonotic Fragmovie - thearcoN fragshow 1 thearcoN 3 3,718 07-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Ch4mp