Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic Community Fragmovie - Promo -

Im looking forward to it Smile

And imo it doesn't really matter who you kill, in a fragmovie it should just matter HOW you kill someone. Frags made on public servers can just be as awesome in a movie as ones made in pickup games.

PCL's Farewell Nexuiz movie for example contained for 90% frags made on public servers. Did that make it a bad movie? Absolutely not.

Got ANOTHER demo pack coming your way if your on later ZeRoQL Big Grin

P.S Some of mine are from public too, but majority of them are from duel/TDM games.

Also, noticed your put you will use standard effect script. Can you atleast include the red mortar trail, really it make's it a lot lot easier to see them in a video with all the details on high.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(05-08-2012, 05:14 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 03:31 AM)zeroql Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 03:26 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Why 60fps? And why a computer display resolution instead of some standard video resolutions?

60fps for smoothness, its not problem to make 30fps version.Every video today is HD, nobody make SD videos... i mean cmon Smile

I think he was asking why you picked a res with 16:10 aspect ratio instead of 16:9 like most movies do (1680x945 in this case).

Coz my monitor resolution max is 1680x1050, and i dont want to make 720p since it will be lower quality, i want this movie to be high quality Smile

(05-08-2012, 08:44 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Got ANOTHER demo pack coming your way if your on later ZeRoQL Big Grin

P.S Some of mine are from public too, but majority of them are from duel/TDM games.

Also, noticed your put you will use standard effect script. Can you atleast include the red mortar trail, really it make's it a lot lot easier to see them in a video with all the details on high.

If scene need red mortar trail then i will put it for sake of frag Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

(05-08-2012, 09:09 AM)zeroql Wrote: solution max is 1680x1050, and i dont want to make 720p since it will be lower quality, i want this movie to be high quality Smile

Hm, I see. Unless you manage to trick your drivers, the only way to render at a resolution larger than your screen's is to use software rendering (vid_soft 1). Then you can capture video in windowed mode even if the window overflows from your display, I think. But it would be slower than usual rendering, I guess...

(05-08-2012, 10:00 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 09:09 AM)zeroql Wrote: solution max is 1680x1050, and i dont want to make 720p since it will be lower quality, i want this movie to be high quality Smile

Hm, I see. Unless you manage to trick your drivers, the only way to render at a resolution larger than your screen's is to use software rendering (vid_soft 1). Then you can capture video in windowed mode even if the window overflows from your display, I think. But it would be slower than usual rendering, I guess...

Great idea! Just do
Code:
./xonotic-linux-sdl -window -width 1920 -height 1080
and you got fullhd no matter what your monitor supports :-). Or... hell this could do 4xHD also :-D.

note: this works on my machine with normal hardware accelerated rendering, not only software
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(05-08-2012, 10:10 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Great idea! Just do
Code:
and you got fullhd no matter what your monitor supports :-). Or... hell this could do 4xHD also :-D.

You think it works because you can't see what your monitor isn't showing you. Try taking a screenshot, it will be the right size but it will be empty on the parts that lie outside of your screen. Same problem with video.

(05-08-2012, 09:09 AM)zeroql Wrote: Coz my monitor resolution max is 1680x1050, and i dont want to make 720p since it will be lower quality, i want this movie to be high quality Smile

the quality is depends on the bitrate not the resolution
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

for me 16:10 is better, even for you guys who have 4:3 monitors Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy

yeah especially when the resolution of your video is higher then the native resolution of your monitor
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I got a good frag, but I don't think my computer can handle recording it with good graphics and quality, can I just send the demo? Smile

It is demo based submission K__ anyway, so just send the demo and the time of the frag Smile

I made a last second flag save and flag run on antibody today, if you're interested.

http://ompldr.org/vZG85Mg/halogene-flag-...aining.zip
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(05-08-2012, 10:23 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 10:10 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Great idea! Just do
Code:

You think it works because you can't see what your monitor isn't showing you. Try taking a screenshot, it will be the right size but it will be empty on the parts that lie outside of your screen. Same problem with video.

I thought you might be right on this, so I checked - and it works ok, vide the screenshots.
desktop:
[Image: 47598542.th.png]

game:
[Image: xonotic2012050906010900.th.jpg]

Recording video also works ok, so I guess it's another proof of the awesomeness of Darkplaces engine ;-].
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Heh. It didn't work for me and div confirmed to me that Darkplaces had no support for this... I guess I must have formulated my question to him wrongly.

Maybe it's hardware-dependant.

Hmm... maybe. I got a Radeon and I'm using fglrx on OpenSUSE 64bit. What GPU do you have?

GeForce 9600 GT with nvidia driver.

So it's probably dependent on the hardware or driver used.

OT, but in this can, it HAS to be a driver issue, because with NVidia I get the cropped screenshot too.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

It might be hardware-related and not driver-related.

I don't think it's OT, since we're discussing this for production anyway.

Can I suggest a name for the movie? Smile, parhaps "shivers"

(05-10-2012, 02:29 PM)K__ Wrote: Can I suggest a name for the movie? Smile, parhaps "shivers"

Hehe well most of community voted for "Killing Xzone"

(05-10-2012, 02:49 PM)zeroql Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 02:29 PM)K__ Wrote: Can I suggest a name for the movie? Smile, parhaps "shivers"

Hehe well most of community voted for "Killing Xzone"

Bläh, me no gusta "Killing Xzone" xD, but what the heck majority is majority Smile

21-Monday-2012 - last day to send demos! after that movie is in progress! Smile

\o/

inb4 production:

http://ompldr.org/vZHR2dg/halogene_19_se...aining.zip

a nice combo, maybe you can make use of it.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video DODGER | A Xonotic Fragmovie (2022) zeroql 0 1,139 03-13-2022, 12:44 PM
Last Post: zeroql
Video XONOTIC SUMMER BASH FRAGMOVIE (2021) zeroql 0 992 06-22-2021, 07:38 PM
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,603 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,659 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
  "New fragmovie" Wolf-Snipe 1 2,281 01-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: benchfrooser
  'Mediocrity' Xonotic Fragmovie thimo 10 6,255 11-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,849 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
  Rush - A Xonotic Fragmovie Islinn 4 5,298 01-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Video Demo timestamps for Xonotic World Cup 2016 Fragmovie zeroql 31 23,899 09-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Xonotic Fragmovie - thearcoN fragshow 1 thearcoN 3 3,716 07-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Ch4mp