Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Crylink in CTF

Hi everyone,

in playing CTF, i urgently recommend to remove or weaken the pull function of the crylink, because it overpowers this weapon.

1. The flag carrier has absolutely NO chance to get away because you lose almost all the speed if just a single projectile hits you (at least this was my experience)
2. which coheres with 1, you don't need to aim very well since the crylink shoots a whole "wall" of projectiles towards the enemy, so it's way too easy to keep him where he is and splatter him.
3. Obviously it slows down the gameplay and movement skill becomes less important when chasing the enemy.

These are the reasons for my suggestion to change this. Even without the pull function, the crylink will remain useful in CTF, either for chasing enemies through narrow corridors, or if you are FC yourself, to fight the bunch of enemies behind you.

nim.
LoverTaleb

What "pull" function are you talking about?

Hmm... I think most CTF games are already too much: run for the flag, then both flags are in the opposite base, then one team gets lucky and kills the enemy flag carrier so that their team can score.
Crylink is pretty much the only way in a lightning fast game like Xonotic to prevent your flag to be stolen in the first place.

However it is also a problem with peoples game style... no one seems to like waiting in the base and defending the flag. In fact it is good to defend the base even when the flag isn't there as usually when it is returned, it takes less then a few seconds to get picked up by the enemy team again. Usually there are more enemy players in your base than team-mates Undecided

(03-24-2012, 11:58 AM)rafallus Wrote: What "pull" function are you talking about?

crylink projectiles slow you down when you get hit by them. It is indeed bloody usefull for defending in CTF, though i wouldn't say it's overpowered imo.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

try teamplay

Quote:crylink projectiles slow you down when you get hit by them. It is indeed bloody usefull for defending in CTF, though i wouldn't say it's overpowered imo.

It's far worse with shotgun then, because it's

1)Hitscan
2)Has decent spread

It's infuriating on space maps, when you can send/be sent plunging into your doom with minimal effort.

(03-24-2012, 12:29 PM)asy7um Wrote: try teamplay

doesnt work on public servers
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(03-24-2012, 01:44 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(03-24-2012, 12:29 PM)asy7um Wrote: try teamplay

doesnt work on public servers

With a mentality like yours, that's hardly surprising.

(03-24-2012, 02:07 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: With a mentality like yours, that's hardly surprising.

well unless you have some people you can rely on like good public players or clan mates. but for many people its just tdm
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

You wont get teamplay like in pickup games when people use voicechat of course. But trying to attack together is something that should come intuitively when attacking alone doesn't work imo. It works in other games too, just needs to become natural.

Teamplay in puplic servers is possible for sure.

Tell with binds were enemies are, protect your fc, go and kill enemy fc when you see him.

Teamplay maybe won't work as well as in pickup games, but still can still try to work together, just payed a few games on Laid Back Delight, and that felt like teamplay, not like a bunch of people playing tdm.

It's just your mentality Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] crylink buff when? Paulby 3 1,767 02-25-2021, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Dr. Jaska
  [SUGGESTION] buff crylink secondary shogun_assassin 0 2,340 04-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: shogun_assassin