Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
1v1 Commentaries

Quote:Green I have thought about the same idea, I was going to record the video then do the commentary in the timeline, or just pause it in-game as I watch the demo back and then commentate.

This would of course be the best way of doing it, since you might actually look at scenes twice and have time to think about what to say about it.

OTOH it might be the technique being the most time-consuming.

And who took away Cortez' pills again? He's in drama-queen mode again Wink

Cool commentaries! If it wasn't for your videos I would have never checked Nexuiz or Xonotic out. It's a shame there seems to be no west coast servers, and I ping 100 to texas. ;(

(04-24-2010, 06:23 PM)GreEn`mArine Wrote: And who took away Cortez' pills again? He's in drama-queen mode again Wink
they are next to my pc so there is no need to worry for you.

i mean hey there are also some big pauses in kojn frag movie production

(04-24-2010, 01:23 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: reminds me of your frag movie

btw you can add it to your achievements

You become more like a Troll everyday Cortez Smile

I have recorded the audio Green, I just need to record the video but need a good motion blur setting.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

these are so epic guys, good work

can i just say that in the bit where you comment about the balance with the MG..

we actually don't use a different balance, dog is a player from professional counter-strike (look up deathdoG on youtube or the internetz). So his movement/map control isnt that good but his aim is GODLY, he makes the MG seem so amazing. Its his best weapon cause its like the CS ones. but yeah because the rest of his game isnt as stunning it might appear as if MG is just broken when it isnt (but he is literally hitting every shot)

great commentaries though! you guys should cover the 2v2 from the same match (a game i am involved in Smile) rabs gets a 23 kill spree!
[Image: 716.png]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T8rV0hVlDU

here is our 7th one! sorry for the delay I got a little lazy about making the videos Tongue

i watched a few of these commentaries today, great stuff!
bittersweet memories of the deathdoG v harry_ftw game though Sad
[Image: forum.png]

Since no one replied to the question in the video I guess I'll put it here... Do you guys want us to do interviews of players? like we could do one for me and scorpion, doku or someone similar. Interview would include backround info, how long they've been playing nexuiz and stuff like that.

(05-03-2010, 09:51 AM)Trev_Nacho Wrote: we actually don't use a different balance, dog is a player from professional counter-strike (look up deathdoG on youtube or the internetz).
During this match we were using the 2.5.2 default balance, but the commentary was done when most servers used a modified (i.e nerfed MG and shotty) balance. This is why they are somewhat confused Tongue.
(05-06-2010, 10:48 PM)Agamalama Wrote: Since no one replied to the question in the video I guess I'll put it here... Do you guys want us to do interviews of players?
Sounds good, though from the only video I've seen with an interview it will be hard to work in well. Also every demo from the XA Duel Invitational is now up on our site here.
[Image: forum.png]

By the way just to note, agamalama is recording the video for my commentaries for me and is going to put it together with the audio I already recorded, so when they are done you should give him a big thanks also.

No idea when they will be done yet though..agama? Big Grin

Interviews sound good, can we have some European and Australian player interviews too though? Tongue

(05-07-2010, 01:38 AM)rabs Wrote:
(05-06-2010, 10:48 PM)Agamalama Wrote: Since no one replied to the question in the video I guess I'll put it here... Do you guys want us to do interviews of players?
Sounds good, though from the only video I've seen with an interview it will be hard to work in well. Also every demo from the XA Duel Invitational is now up on our site here.
Yea, for now we may just have me running around a map in nexuiz or something, while the interview is going on until I learn some better video editing Tongue And we will definitely do some of the demos from that tournament.
(05-07-2010, 06:55 AM)kojn^ Wrote: By the way just to note, agamalama is recording the video for my commentaries for me and is going to put it together with the audio I already recorded, so when they are done you should give him a big thanks also.

No idea when they will be done yet though..agama? Big Grin

Interviews sound good, can we have some European and Australian player interviews too though? Tongue

I am kinda lazy with the video making right now. I'll try and get one done over the weekend though Big Grin

And we will definitely do European and Australian players too Big Grin

I have a gd match against harry_ftw on aerowalk if u guys are still doing commentaries.

Hello, we aren't dead. Here is our 8th commentary on phrantic.

Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YImoeumcT1w

and we will doing commentaries over the semi finals and finals of our tournament.

Again nice video - keep it up Wink

(05-06-2010, 10:48 PM)Agamalama Wrote: Do you guys want us to do interviews of players?

This idea died? :O

Well Scorpion has been pretty busy lately so we've had no time to organize anything really :C

Wonderful videos! I like these commentaries.

I would try to make one too, but I'm not very good at Nexuiz/Xonotic anyway. Here's what would happen if I tried:

(Friskydingo) "So, yeah, I love evilspace. It's got something about it; maybe the fact that it's more open than many of the other levels and that you aren't confined by any walls on all four sides. I especially like how--"

<SPLAT!><AAAAUUUGGGHH!>

(Friskydingo) "Oops. Heh, heh. I got pwned..."

Here's a match between me and Nifrek :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI1QZ8ZMNTA

Enjoy!

Hey Agama, I really like the spec view you and Scorp did with this one - I think you should continue that way when possible. My only feedback would be to notify a bit more clearly in advance when you are going to switch players, as a couple times during the video I found myself with a different player down at the bottom of the screen (mostly I'd look after noticing someone's movement looked different).

You two obviously have knowledge of how and when to time your megas, so I really like you sharing your thought process there. Maybe you could also share a little bit about why you move the way you do in specific areas.

Keep up the good work!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(07-09-2010, 03:00 PM)Antibody Wrote: Hey Agama, I really like the spec view you and Scorp did with this one - I think you should continue that way when possible. My only feedback would be to notify a bit more clearly in advance when you are going to switch players, as a couple times during the video I found myself with a different player down at the bottom of the screen (mostly I'd look after noticing someone's movement looked different).

You two obviously have knowledge of how and when to time your megas, so I really like you sharing your thought process there. Maybe you could also share a little bit about why you move the way you do in specific areas.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the feedback :)

The reason we didn't know when it would switch is because we watched a demo of it. We do plan on commentating some live so not like that.

And we'll definitely go more detail in decision making in 1v1s.

Nice Video.

Should have mine vs PCL up by tomorrow, as long as export works correctly.

After it is up, I intend to do another that will go into though processes and a break-down of a game from my POV, and pausing at area's of the game to give my view's on mistakes and leaks in my game, and to explain more directly what my thought processes are, so will be quite in-depth.

Kojn is ur game against pcl up yet. Would love to see it. Also are there any other games of urs with commentary.
---
:]

[0]'s achievements.

1st place @ Nexuiz 1vs1 AU tournament
1st place @ XA Season 1 3v3 CTF
1st place @ XA Bison Medley
1st place @ XA Duel Invitational
2nd place @ XA Season 2 3v3 CTF
1st place @ XA Medley Season 2

#zero.nexuiz

Sorry, I completely forgot about it..been so busy playing poker mainly along with balance testing + nexrun run recording this completely passed me by.

I now have a working version of premiere, so I may export the video tonight, otherwise i'll do it on the weekend, regardless thanks for reminding me and I will get it done.

There is another commentary that I did some time ago vs Lo, but it's not as in-depth as this one and it's basically a demo + wav file that you'll need to time with the start of the match, this one will be in video format so much easier.

I will try my best to try and create a small video series which will hopefully go a lot more in-depth where I can pause the video and give reasons why I do stuff and my thought processes, the demos dont take that long to record to be honest, I have another demo vs green I have to record (already done the commentary), and then I can upload that too, i'm just really busy doing other stuff, so I don't know how much further i'll take this, but i'll definitely get the PCL one up, and then the green`marine one

Exporting it as a I write this, hopefully no errors and my PC won't auto reboot (is going to take about 5hours total to export).

Think you guys will really enjoy this commentary, I go into a lot of insight about what I am doing and why, I also point out my opponents (PCLizard's) Mistakes, and mistakes that I make myself, but I give quite a detailed explanation into my thought processes in a lot of situations.

Should be up by midnight tomorrow night/friday night as I will need to encode it when I get back from work, and i'll need to mess around with that to get a decent filesize.

Woohoo! Can't wait to see it kojn!

BTW - I can move in the new balance now thanks to your help Smile
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Good to hear on both things!!

Exported complete last night, encoding as a type this, should have this one up easily by tonight (is too long for youtube so probably be download only until I learn how you seperate it for youtube in 2 parts).

Will put link when it's uploaded Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Duel Commentaries Antibody 118 115,036 04-27-2020, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  1v1 ruined by spectators voting W4RP1G 22 20,680 03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Last Post: W4RP1G
  Xonotic Duel Commentaries - (VoDs) Live games - commentary included. kojn^ 16 19,223 12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  CTF Commentaries Antibody 18 15,433 12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  domination aspect in 1v1 Rage_ATWM 9 7,565 11-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot