Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
1v1 Commentaries

Just cut the video into 2 parts ? :O
pooptube allows 10 minutes for 1 video.

or upload it at own3d.tv Wink

kojn, if you are on linux (and have mencoder installed) you can use the following for 10min sections:

Code:
mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -endpos 00:10:00 <input file> -o <output file> # for first 10 mins
Code:
mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -ss 00:10:00 -endpos 00:10:00 <input file> -o <output file> # for 10 mins w/ a starting position

The format for the -ss and -endpos is HH:MM: SS. Have fun!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Am uploading it to own3d.tv now.

Hopefully my dad doesn't log me off whilst it does this as i'm going bed in a moment Big Grin

Will post link tomorrow once It's been processed etc.

This video is probably a bit more 'serious' then agama and scorpion's commentaries, so hopefully it'll give you an insight into how I play Smile

P.S PCLizard is not an idiot Big Grin (you'll know what I mean when you get to 0:53 into the video)

Things I explain in the video.

* My thought processes and what i'm thinking
* How PCL isn't adjusting when he has lost control/in-control
* Mistakes by both players
* Why I do such things I do and when
* My game-plan when I have lost control of items, and how i'm planning my next move/item I want or need
* and more

Hope you guys enjoy this when it's up, andy questions will be welcomed.

Apologies if you find it hard to hear at time's I obviously did not turn the in-game sounds down enough and didn't encode with a high enough audio quality, if people aree having problems then I will re-export + encode + upload a better version (I will probably do this at some point anyway).
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

http://www.own3d.tv/video/30222/PCLCommentary_XVID_

Have spazz Smile

ahhhhh! Thanks kojn.

Sorry to confirm: but yes, your voice is barely audible... Undecided
Nice weapon sounds btw Smile

The video and your voice deserve a slight better compression.
Fat.bot.Slim

I like how it begins with nearly 1 minute of black silence. Tongue

Impressive match, unfortunately I had troubles to understand most of your comments because the game sounds were a bit too loud :o/ (aww just read you already said that yourself. anyway.)

I am especially impressed about your prediction skills - and I'd suspected you to move waaay more and much faster through the map. But somehow you just like walk at slow pace and still are everywhere you need to be at the right time. Thanks for providing this, I think I understand some of your comments on weapon balance and physics way better now than I did before. Maybe I should show you the way I play this game, too... though I play at a totally different skill level (maybe there's even a connection there).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I have time this weekend, so I will re-export the video probably over tonight as it takes a while (cutting out the black start), reducing the in-game sounds and encode with the highest possible audio quality should do the trick! Should have new version uploaded for Saturday day-time Smile

Thanks for feedback.

@Halogene - Yea I mainly walk around the maps a lot, just because my opponents are moving so quickly and are chaining items a lot of the time, this makes it very easy for me to get into positions and let them do all the work, but I try move quickly when I need too.

And yes maybe you should show me how you play Smile

Great match kojn. You give us some insightful commentary on your thought process. Hopefully we can all incorporate your advice into our own playing styles, albeit at a somewhat lower level-o-skill Smile.

Edit: it would help if you could make your commentary track louder. I definitely missed a lot when there was action, or even if you were picking up items.

@kojn: I'll see if I find someone that plays about my skill level and record a demo of a 1on1 match.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

@kojn - any chance you could share w/ us your audio-only track?

Yes it's up at http://kojn.mkzelda.net

I think it's under 'audiocommentaries.rar'

you can't miss it though as it's worded like that or to that effect Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Duel Commentaries Antibody 118 114,784 04-27-2020, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  1v1 ruined by spectators voting W4RP1G 22 20,663 03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Last Post: W4RP1G
  Xonotic Duel Commentaries - (VoDs) Live games - commentary included. kojn^ 16 19,209 12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  CTF Commentaries Antibody 18 15,407 12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  domination aspect in 1v1 Rage_ATWM 9 7,557 11-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot