Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maps downloaded from xonotic.org not working

Code:
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably bloodrun_a2): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably hub3aeroq3a_nex_r2): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably downer_final): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably downer_final): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably warfare_itemfix_itemfix): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably warfare_itemfix_itemfix): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably azalea): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably azalea): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably atomforge): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably aggressorx): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably aggressorx): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably atomforge): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably azalea): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably azalea): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably bloodrun_a2): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
Map campgrounds_beta4 contains the legacy 'type' keyword which is deprecated and will be removed in the future. Please migrate the mapinfo file to 'gametype'.
Map campgrounds_beta4 contains the legacy 'type' keyword which is deprecated and will be removed in the future. Please migrate the mapinfo file to 'gametype'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably downer_final): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably downer_final): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
WARNING: autogenerated mapinfo file maps/autogenerated/final-rage.mapinfo has been loaded; please edit that file and move it to maps/final-rage.mapinfo
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably hub3aeroq3a_nex_r2): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably warfare_itemfix_itemfix): using deprecated name 'freezetag'. Should use 'ft'.
MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably warfare_itemfix_itemfix): using deprecated name 'keepaway'. Should use 'ka'.
I get this when I run my server. And when I play a map that isn't already in my dlcache, everything is black. I set the curl to http://88.198.17.137/_files/Maps/1v1/ and it does not help. That's where I got the maps.

I thought this would be simple, dl the maps to data folder, set the curl to that web address and be done. Sad Can anyone help?

Code:
These warnings are printed, cause the mapinfo files use the wrong names for gametypes.
If a the server has to create a mapinfo file, cause the pk3 does not include it, you get
Code:
WARNING: autogenerated mapinfo file maps/autogenerated/final-rage.mapinfo has been loaded; please edit that file and move it to maps/final-rage.mapinfo

Those messages are no reason why the server should not offer the pk3 files to the clients to download.

You have to set
Code:
sv_curl_defaulturl "http://88.198.17.137/_files/Maps/1v1/"

and the download should work (if your client is a linux client, then you have to install libcurl).

Well, my server runs on linux and I connect to it on windows. Do i need to install libcurl?

Also, I tested one of the maps on my winxp install by downloading it and putting it in my /data folder, and it works fine. I removed it connected to my server and voted or that map and it doesn't work. I don't know if that's useful info at all though...

(04-04-2012, 02:57 AM)W4RP1G Wrote: Also, I tested one of the maps on my winxp install by downloading it and putting it in my /data folder, and it works fine. I removed it connected to my server ... it doesn't work.

After removing the map from /data did you restart your Xonotic client? When the Xonotic client (on Win XP) starts it scans its dir's and knows where to find the maps etc. If you remove the map but don't update the client then it will be confused.

You can restart Xonotic or run something like
Code:
fs_rescan
from the game console.

libcurl3 is usually needed by Ubuntu users, it is not needed by Win XP
Code:
sudo apt-get install libcurl3

Yeah i restarted it. I can only conclude that the download link is not working for some reason

Ok, some maps work and others don't. A few that do work are atom forge and downer final, and a few that don't are azalea and fracture b1.

I really see no rhyme or reason to any of this. Could it have something to do with my current version(I use the autobuild)?

(04-04-2012, 05:20 AM)W4RP1G Wrote: Ok, some maps work and others don't.

Check if the pk3 names are the same. Also make sure your client dlcache does not have this pk3 already, which might be a incomplete download...

(04-04-2012, 09:25 AM)ItsMe Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 05:20 AM)W4RP1G Wrote: Ok, some maps work and others don't.

Check if the pk3 names are the same. Also make sure your client dlcache does not have this pk3 already, which might be a incomplete download...

Yeah, I double checked the names and deleted my existing dlcache. The names are the same. I just moved azalea and atomforge from dlcache to xonotic/data. Atom forge works as it should in single player, but azalea doesn't even show up in the map selection menu. Then I noticed that azalea reads 0kb. For some reason my system isn't downloading the map correctly.
Ok, nvm. I followed your advice, ItsMe, in this thread "http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1667" and made a curl_urls.txt with "http://88.198.17.137/_files/Maps/1v1/" and "http://88.198.17.137/_files/Maps/" in it and that seemed to do the trick!

Thank you very much for all your help!

It'sMe, I used the curl_urls.txt you gave me, but the problem is it only uses whatever is on the first line and ignores everything past it. I had the first line as * http://88.198.17.137/_files/Maps/1v1/ , and that worked fine until i need something from * http://88.198.17.137/_files/Maps/2v2/ , which is the second line.

Any ideas on how to get it to read all of the urls and select accordingly?

edit: ok nvm, I guess I had the wrong idea about the curl_urls.txt file and how it could be used. Someone explained it to me on irc and now I got everything working Smile

Every pk3 matches *
so if you use
* http://url/
as first line the then rest of the file isnt read anymore

the link you posted is not xonotic.org. its asyyy's server.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(04-12-2012, 02:42 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: the link you posted is not xonotic.org. its asyyy's server.
Holy crap I never thought about it, I just assumed that was "official" map server when I got the link in the XPM thread. Is there an official map server?

well the autobuild server can be used, but there are development versions of maps, which are unfinished.
so you need to test them first
http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/?d
there are also maps in the Map Releases & Reviews part of the forum, you just need to search for the right gametype in both cases
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

nvm, I got sick of hassling with it and started a drop box so I can host the maps myself. I wish I would have done this right off, it's so much easier to do it this way. Thanks for the help though!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic server running behind UDP proxy not working doombringeroperator 3 4,058 11-21-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Zaphod
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,046 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Ch4mp's Xonotic Repository + DL PAGE (maps, configs, extensions and demos) Ch4mp 1 2,646 03-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  cl_forwardspeed not working ? kindlyfire 1 2,550 10-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Mario
  How can I get AES encryption working? Espionage724 9 7,238 11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] sv_public not working? BuddyFriendGuy 3 5,175 08-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy