Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Gametracker presence

Xonotic is NOT on Gametracker.
Gametracker has 2,083,697 registered users.

You'd probably be better off posting this in a different thread. Anyway, there are lots of things that still need to be done in terms of publicity.

*rocknroll237 creates xonotic virus to spread round internet!

In any case, don't do anything for PR without discussing it with the team first. It might do harm that you don't expect.

To my knowledge the development team wants this game to keep a fairly low profile only getting a tiny playerbase until it reaches a 1.0 release as they want the game to be just about perfect gameplay wise. I think there's also a bunch of other things such as getting rid of Nexuiz assets and fixing the animations that they also want to do before the general public gets it.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Quote:the development team wants this game to keep a fairly low profile only getting a tiny playerbase until it reaches a 1.0 release as they want the game to be just about perfect gameplay wise.

Cya all in 5 years.

[Image: nothing-to-do-here-jeqvk4m.jpg]

Fisume got a point.

I was saying, that getting in touch with GT admins would be nice, because they could start to index Xonotic servers and put it on their FPS games list. Next to "big" games.

(04-05-2012, 01:19 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: To my knowledge the development team wants this game to keep a fairly low profile only getting a tiny playerbase until it reaches a 1.0 release as they want the game to be just about perfect gameplay wise. I think there's also a bunch of other things such as getting rid of Nexuiz assets and fixing the animations that they also want to do before the general public gets it.

I am not aware of that.

Fact is: we don't use all PR options right now, as SOME (far from ALL of them) can be only used once, and using them at this point already may be too early.

But this does NOT in any way mean "keeping a low profile"! We WANT the player base to grow.

And being listed on a gaming website sure is nothing that would do harm if done early. However, I would prefer this to be done by Samual if possible, so that the Core Team also has the required account data to make changes to the listing later (or to announce new releases, etc.).
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

If Xonotic would be listed on GT, that can be only done by devs, who must contact GT admins and talk about technical aspects of that.

Another place in the network, where 1.0 can be promoted. Cool!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

we want our player base to grow ... not explode...

and it is growing

from my point of view the player base has doubled since 0.6 came out

(04-10-2012, 02:39 PM)hutty Wrote: we want our player base to grow ... not explode...

and it is growing

from my point of view the player base has doubled since 0.6 came out

True, you can actually find players on public servers in North America on occasion now, which is a huge step up from what 0.5 was like.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.