Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive CTF updates

(09-22-2012, 04:55 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote:
Quote:maybe this is a better way to handle things than forcing the player to drop the flag without warning?

Yeah, definately. It just seems like a no brainer to me. It will also encourage more team play as team members need to protect the fc instead of just letting a pro player go out on his own and do all the work.

Loads of games (like Halo) stop you from piloting/using vehicles while you've got a flag.

Also, having a gigantic flag poking out of a vehicle looks really stupid imo. Tongue
That's not true, in older Halo games (the good one being Halo CE Tongue) you could carry the flag in vehicles... and you still had to protect your team mate.

Although I think "disabling entrance of vehicles while holding the flag" is a better alternative to "forcing players to automatically drop the flag when entering a vehicle", I do not necessarily support either of them, as I don't think they're necessary by default, and I would far prefer server owners/map makers to decide this themselves for their own specific gameplay ideas.

Quote:If you drop a flag onto the base, is that not TECHNICALLY bringing the enemy flag to yours?
Well, yeah, but
Quote:The goal of CTF is to get the enemy flag to your base, essentially "capturing" it for yourself at your flag.
There's always was the special place on the base for the enemy flag.

However, i'm not against the throw-capturing, because it can bring some novelty into CTF. I guess. Probably.

The "capture shield" sounds extremely restricting and very unfriendly tho.

Quote:You can request people to pass you the flag (it sends them a centerprint) by pressing the +use bind as well
Better bot team support-- If you request the flag from a bot, it will automatically pass it to you.
Added "healthbars" for dropped flags to show how long they have left before they return
Oh yeah, fantastic.
Quote:I don't think they're necessary by default, and I would far prefer server owners/map makers to decide this themselves for their own specific gameplay ideas.
Same here.

little bug, sometimes I can see the flag trail particles warping through the map randomly