Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Help black enviroments

(04-25-2012, 04:18 PM)Spaceman Wrote: You could remove the maps with fog, or even make fog votable?

I went ahead and made 2 votes, foglessCTF and foglessMinstaCTF. The each execute a cfg that changes the server notice and server name accordingly.

Now i just need to add any maps I'm missing. I added sandstorm, is there anything I need to add?

Edit: Ok an issue I'm facing now is that, while the server has set "r_drawfog 0", i still can't set it to 0 on my client. I set it to 0 and the fog flickers before going back to 1. r_restart does nothing. :/

r_drawfog is a clientside setting. You need to disable the fog anticheat on the server with sv_foginterval 0. Then, clients can use r_drawfog 0 without it being forced back to 1.

EDIT: in general, r_ settings affect the renderer, and change nothing on the server's side.

EDIT2: I missed this
(04-24-2012, 02:21 PM)Ikarus Wrote: Great job.
Just one more thing i found this quake net irc http://www.quakenet.org/help/q/how-to-re...unt-with-q
and put this /msg Q HELLO youremail@address youremail@address in http://webchat.quakenet.org/ but i didnt get password in gmail am i doing something wrong.
PS:Not a noob i did put my email adress in youremail@address 2 times

Check your spam directory. You seem to have done it right. Did Q reply to your request?

somebody could/should develop a low quality fog ... that can be used instead for situations like these... Idk how it would work though....

as of now I can only count 4/5/6 or so maps that actually use fog ... and none of them use it for distance blocking (in lightspeed it is only on the bottom of the floor as an effect)

or the mapper could set a setting for the map like fog_noforce 1 ... to signal that the fog is optional ...

(04-25-2012, 05:03 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: r_drawfog is a clientside setting. You need to disable the fog anticheat on the server with sv_foginterval 0. Then, clients can use r_drawfog 0 without it being forced back to 1.

EDIT: in general, r_ settings affect the renderer, and change nothing on the server's side.

omg I feel like an idiot because I knew that Confused

Thanks for the help, Mr Bougo. The foglessCTF settings are ready to go.

Anyone that needs fog disabled to play on some maps can join my server and vcall foglessCTF or foglessMinstaCTF and set r_drawfog 0. I don't know if there are any DM maps that have fog. If there are, I will make a foglessDM vote as well.

I don't know why you made it votable if there's no vote to re-enable vote forcing, honestly.

(04-26-2012, 02:47 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I don't know why you made it votable if there's no vote to re-enable vote forcing, honestly.

I don't follow, I don't know what vote forcing is.

Oops sorry, I meant fog forcing.

You made a votable command to disable the drawfog anticheat, but there is no votable way to enable it again. I'm questioning why you would make it votable at all instead of just disabling it.

Ive attached the sv_foginterval 1 command to all ather votes, so it should be enabled automatically when another game type is voted in. I think i tested it and it worked like it should(i think) . Im at school for another 7 hours so i can't test it again right now :/ . My server is up though, if you wanna give it a shot for me(if that's possible)

Edit: I just tested it out, voting for regular CTF while playing foglessCTF sets sv_foginterval 1.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Models, items, and sky black after 0.8.5 update htsm92 0 661 08-15-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: htsm92
  [SOLVED] Black and transparent elements in old maps h0tc0d3 1 847 08-01-2022, 03:24 AM
Last Post: h0tc0d3
  [NEED HELP] I REPEAT I need Help with Netradiant Taplio 4 3,231 09-23-2020, 12:05 AM
Last Post: fabzor3
  Newb seeks help on Oilrig Pallama 7 4,789 10-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [NEEDS INFO] Need help with xonotic on andoird Arctic_fly71 3 3,237 01-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Arctic_fly71
  [NEED HELP] Help cant play IdekehBruh 1 2,044 05-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Mario
Information [META] Thread Prefixes for Help & Troubleshooting -z- 0 3,944 03-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [SOLVED] invertigo black sky BuddyFriendGuy 6 4,298 01-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Sad [NEED HELP] Help with compiling. ImSoAwesome 2 3,009 09-06-2016, 02:54 AM
Last Post: ImSoAwesome
  [NEED HELP] Mapping help shanajer_ 1 2,797 08-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Last Post: end user