Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's new in XonStat

Sounds like a logical choice, thanks!

I've added a new status line to the front page of XonStat. Here's what it looks like:

[Image: 20140404_daily_statline.png]

With this added, you'll be able to gauge the pulse of Xonotic a little better than before. Hooray for that.

Cheers!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Yay.

Good job! Thank you for your continued support!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Nice feature, thank you ! Smile

After feedback from Mirio, I've reconfigured this stat summary line to read like so:

Code:
332 active players and 433 games (224 ctf, 99 dm, 64 duel, 35 cts, 6 tdm, 5 other) in the past 24 hours.

It shows the top five game modes played and their counts in order. Other game modes played, if there are more than five distinct ones, are grouped into an "other" category at the end so we don't overflow the line length. This way you can get an even better feel for what's being played and by how many people.

\o/

That is awesome info line. Especially for those who think that no one plays this game.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Interesting, there are more people than I thought there would be.

I've added links to the various game modes in this daily stat line. Here's what it looks like now:

[Image: B1Qqz14.png]

Cheers!

I just now noticed this. Awesome feature!

Well, this didn't work out well for us. Undecided
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM3ZyiToVxw
skip to 9:50

He was looking at dpmaster, not stats. How do I know? Because our *minimum* number of distinct daily players is more than what he mentioned in the video. Here's information on the past year (since 2013-05-07) in terms of players per day:

Min: 79
Max: 412
Avg: 305

Of course these figures include non-vanilla players as well. I'm not going through the effort to filter those out, but I'm pretty confident that it would be more than what he saw online, at that particular point in time.

Maybe he just fired up the game and counted in the server browser? If I do that, I get like 2 or 3 players or even zero players online some times.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

In-game you'll see dpmaster data as well, so either way.

Update: I've made the two stat lines have similar structures. Here's what it looks like:

[Image: Puh7UD1.png]

I also fixed a caching issue with these two in the process, so you should see the front page load a lot faster now.

Hello folks,

Within XonStat and Xonotic itself we've long used the wonderful Xolonium font by sev. It's a distinctive font that sets the right tone for the game. Besides, it's a fantastic piece of work! Unfortunately for a long time we didn't have support for the glyphs you see on the player page within the font itself, so we couldn't show them on the web.

That all changes with Xolonium versions 2.1 and 2.2. These version changes added glyph support into the font itself. The result is that the in-game smileys and other such runes that we can choose to put in our nicks are readily available directly through the font. Awesome!

Since they are now in the font, XonStat can display them on the web as well through the @font-face CSS declaration. I took the first steps towards doing just that today. You can check out my progress live on the stats page right now! Here's an example:

[Image: CNQqDpX.png]

I tested this out in Firefox and Chrome on Linux. If you see any issues, let me know! Do note that you may have to clear your cache to get the latest resource files.

Cheers!

Windows 7 Firefox 29

https://i.imgur.com/Y0m0MPK.png

Great news
[Image: pTSATG5.png]

(05-11-2014, 05:01 AM)machine! Wrote: Windows 7 Firefox 29
Did you activate
Preferences > Content > Fonts & Colors > Advanced > "Allow pages to choose their own font" ?

Nope, but it is activated in Firefox by default.

(05-11-2014, 05:26 AM)machine! Wrote: Nope, but it is activated in Firefox by default.

Is the font displayed correctly on
http://openfontlibrary.org/en/font/xolonium ?

If it is, then there seems to be a problem with XonStat.
Otherwise, your browser seemingly doesn't like custom fonts.

At least, all special characters are now mapped to official Unicode code points, so Xonotic related text is not dependent on Xolonium.
As long as you have a font installed that supports those characters, they should be displayed.

The custom font works there.

Works fine in Safari 7.0.3 on OSX 10.9.2.
[Image: 18382.png]

machine, it may be the EOT font version that's doing this. It's the only version not supported by fontforge (at least I don't see it in the export options), so I used a utility to generate that one. I'll try another OTF->EOT convertion utility and see how that goes. Furthermore I have Windows 7 and IE, FF, GC at work, so I'll check again when I go into the office.

Thanks for the feedback!

Update: works for me on Windows 7, Firefox 29.0.1. It also works on IE (surprisingly!).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XonStat turns 1! Antibody 13 12,083 10-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Last Post: harry_ftw
  XonStat FAQ Antibody 2 4,760 04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Antibody