Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's new in XonStat

Another update: the glyphs now work in player badges as well.

(side note: am I talking to myself here or what?)
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

It's confirmed - you're mental. Big Grin

You obviously know what you are doing, so... yay Antibody!
Was it the EOT, or something else? There is no fontforge support for it because it's proprietary. Silly Microsoft.

We haven't heard back from machine yet to confirm if it is working or not for him, but I have a similar setup and it works fine. I've also asked several other Win7 users and none have reported issues.

The only change was the utility used to generate the eot file itself - the ttf2eot utility versus the font squirrel (a website) one. The latter is what's being used right now on the site.

Hi everyone!

After a few nasty merges of players who had one VERY old player ID, I've updated the merge rules to account for this situation. Previously your post-merge Elo would be the weighted average between the two records. It is now is just the greater of the two (provided two actually exist). Here's an example:

Antibody | ID #6 | Elo 100 | 500 games <-- old, completely rotted Elo

merges with...

Antibody | ID #12245 | Elo 800 | 77 games <-- the active record with current Elo

results in...

Antibody | ID #6| Elo 800 | 577 games

Additionally, I've requested the XonStat admins not to merge unless the player requests it. Merges are also subject to verification. This will prevent incorrect merges due to shared nicks or spoofing.

Lastly, player merges are provided by the Xonotic team as their time allows. It is a privilege, not a right. Players are still expected to maintain backups of their IDs so that they don't lose their records!

Cheers!
-AB

p.s. - I'm also considering writing an un-merge to fix bad merges when they do occur, but for now merging is NOT automatically recoverable. I have to manually fix such records.

(08-11-2014, 08:03 AM)Antibody Wrote: Players are still expected to maintain backups of their IDs so that they don't lose their records!

this may be s atupid question but where is my ID and how do i back it up?
How to Englich?

Your key is just a file - key_0.d0si - found in your Xonotic home directory. If you are on Linux, this is ~/.xonotic/. If you are on Windows, it is in C:\Users\<$USER>\Saved Games\xonotic\. You can copy the file to a safe place of your choosing to back it up.

Small correction: it's not in the data directory, but its parent Wink

EDIT: removed quote to original post to avoid confusion

Fixed. Thank you!

Hello Players,

I've just completed work on updating XonStat's charts. Without further ado, here's what they look like!

[Image: eJxBaiN.png]

There's a lot of things going on here and several new changes, so let me break them down.

The Accuracy Chart
The accuracy chart comes up first. It's a line-based chart with your accuracy percentage forming the Y-axis and your most recent games (currently 20) as the X-axis. Only hitscan weapons are shown on this chart, so you'll only ever see the shotgun, uzi, nex, minstanex, and rifle present here. Furthermore, only the weapons you've used within your most recent games will have lines on the chart. That means if you don't ever use the minstanex, you'll never see a red line show up. While on the subject of colors, I'll also mention that all of the weapons are colored to match their in-game colors, derived from the simpleitems package! When you hover over points on this chart, you'll see your accuracy percentage for a game and your average percentage for all games in the set. If you click on a point, you'll be taken to the game info page for that game.

The Damage Chart
The damage chart is next. It's a stacked bar chart that shows you your damage along the Y-axis and games along the X-axis. Unlike the accuracy chart, splash and hitscan weapons are included. You won't find the minstanex on here though, because it throws the entire chart out of whack due to its crazy-hp-per-hit implementation. This chart also uses colors matched to the in-game ones and trasports you to game pages when you click on a bar.

Well, that's about it. I suppose we can do some Q and A about this if you'd like. For now I hope you all enjoy the graphical fun. Cheers!

Very awesome.

Good work Antibody :>
[Image: 6963.png]

Looks good on that pic,but when i open up my stats (http://stats.xonotic.org/player/22172 ) accuracy and damage don't show up.
[Image: 22172.png]

Are you using a script blocker like noscript? You need to enable googleapis for the accuracy graphs to show up. I can see your accuracy graphs just fine.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

...or he just needs to hit refresh. I did a hot swap of the code to enable these features without losing any games.

Ok,after a couple times of refreshing it is there.Looks quite good,i now see damage much better.Of course much better than before.
Great work!

Hi everyone!

I just converted XonStat over to using the new weapon names. If you refresh your browser on the player or game info pages, you'll see the new set:

uzi -> machine gun
nex -> vortex
minstanex -> vaporizer
grenadelauncher -> mortar
rocketlauncher -> devastator
laser -> blaster

This update affected more than 5.1 million rows in the database and was done in about 2 minutes!

Cheers,
-Anti

Errr why change weapon names?

Some of the weapon names were very generic ("Rocket Launcher", "Grenade Launcher", "Laser"), while "Nex" still points to Xonotic's roots in Nexuiz which we should get rid of. To generate a more immersive game universe it helps to introduce weapon names that get associated to the game uniquely. That way the Xonotic game universe does not generate misleading associations to other existing games that also use generic weapon names, and by using unique names you reproduce the game universe's uniqueness and thereby help constructing it.

TL;DR: because dev team decided to.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(12-14-2014, 03:09 PM)Halogene Wrote: Some of the weapon names were very generic ("Rocket Launcher", "Grenade Launcher", "Laser"), while "Nex" still points to Xonotic's roots in Nexuiz which we should get rid of. To generate a more immersive game universe it helps to introduce weapon names that get associated to the game uniquely. That way the Xonotic game universe does not generate misleading associations to other existing games that also use generic weapon names, and by using unique names you reproduce the game universe's uniqueness and thereby help constructing it.

I can understand the change of some names, but others are just obnoxious. For example, the laser should've been called a blaster a long time ago just because it doesn't behave like a laser, but acts closer to Quake 2's blaster with some serious kick added to it, but others like rocket launcher being renamed to Devastator (which really is only going to confuse me due to how much Perfect Dark I played, given that Devastator was the name of one of the grenade launchers in that game) don't really sound like names that go well with the weapons they're assigned to and could potentially throw a player off.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

They will always be nex, laser and minsta to me. >Big Grin

(12-15-2014, 03:07 AM)machine! Wrote: They will always be nex, laser and minsta to me. >Big Grin

I think it will be the same to me too Smile

(12-14-2014, 03:09 PM)Halogene Wrote: Some of the weapon names were very generic ("Rocket Launcher", "Grenade Launcher", "Laser"), while "Nex" still points to Xonotic's roots in Nexuiz which we should get rid of. To generate a more immersive game universe it helps to introduce weapon names that get associated to the game uniquely. That way the Xonotic game universe does not generate misleading associations to other existing games that also use generic weapon names, and by using unique names you reproduce the game universe's uniqueness and thereby help constructing it.

Ok,i can understand that they called the uzi mg because...the mg is no uzi.And ok the laser acts like a blaster that i can understand too.And i wouldn't see a reason for changing the minstanex into a vaporizer,if the mode wouldnt have been changed to insta now,but like that i understand now.Ok i ask my self why the mortar was a long time ingame mortar but not in the stats but that is ok too.And i don't know why to get rid of the roots of Xon.But ok this won't change the gameplay so doesn't matter to me.

IMO the only one that is somewhat strange is "devastator". All of the others are logical.

Quote: Some of the weapon names were very generic ("Rocket Launcher", "Grenade Launcher", "Laser"), while "Nex" still points to Xonotic's roots in Nexuiz which we should get rid of. To generate a more immersive game universe it helps to introduce weapon names that get associated to the game uniquely. That way the Xonotic game universe does not generate misleading associations to other existing games that also use generic weapon names, and by using unique names you reproduce the game universe's uniqueness and thereby help constructing it.

I might be wrong but imo the majority of the devs/map makers/contributers and vanilla players are here because they were engaged with Nexuiz and kept loyality to the game and the community. Aiming to get rid of Xonotic's roots doesn't seem a smart move to me.

Regarding the uniqueness of the game, I know I will probably sound like an as*hole (again), but: the only things that are truely unique to Xonotic are minsta+hook and curved rockets. The rest is very similar to what can be found in other games. So why not take what we have and try to tweak it to perfection instead of reinventing the wheel over and over again? Why try so hard to change the core of the game with each version?

I have absolutely no problem with the new weapon names, but the motivation behind it worries me.

Nevertheless, good job on upgrading the database. 5.1 million rows, that's quite cool.

As you may know, the game is still in beta, which means we do sometimes need to make core changes to the game, but our intention is not to make an entirely new game each release (the last time balance was really touched was 0.6, which was the first playable release to most).

The recent weapon renames are part of a larger cleanup of the weapon system, these new names seemed more fitting to the uses of the weapons, among other things.
[Image: 230.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XonStat turns 1! Antibody 13 12,093 10-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Last Post: harry_ftw
  XonStat FAQ Antibody 2 4,763 04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Antibody