Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's new in XonStat

Quote:the last time balance was really touched was 0.6

I am not a fan either of everything Samual did, but completely forgetting about him and his work seems a bit harsh. Wink

Hello all!

Recently I've been implementing new index types inside of the xonstatdb database, which is the datastore that powers XonStat. I've just completed work in XonStat to make use of those indexes, resulting in dramatically faster page-loads on several pages. Most of you will notice the snappiness in the "player info" and "player recent games" pages.

How fast? Gee, I thought you'd never ask! I ran Apache Bench tests on my laptop to find out.

Original, unmodified requests to a player's page:

Time per request: 5883.632 [ms] (mean)
Time per request: 1176.726 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)

Requests of the same pages using the new index types:

Time per request: 181.307 [ms] (mean)
Time per request: 36.261 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)

That's more than a 30x increase. Woohoo! Enjoy it folks, and happy holidays to everyone!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Nice!
[Image: 22172.png]

Nice!

Smile: http://youtu.be/BHPqSi0IkbM
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

I updated the logic for the "games" page. As a result it is now about a gazillion times faster (I know, I'm being very precise here). You can check for yourself here.

The issue was the arbitrary navigation on that page - for example you could navigate directly to page #1234 and see the games there. Looking back on this "feature" I decided that it doesn't make much sense to have. New games are being added constantly, so your links to the second games page would change depending what time you visited the URL! That makes it non-deterministic and also terrible for database retrieval. I've changed the navigation of this page to be "move forward by window," which resolves this problem.

Advanced users can use the "start_game_id" and "end_game_id" query parameters to move the page to the time they need.

Cheers!

I can feel the magic! Nice job, as always - thank you!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Did you ever want to check up on the latest Xonotic games from your phone? I know I do! Stats has that information, but it doesn't cater very well to mobile phone screens. I'm now working to fix that so you don't have to spend your time pinching and expanding. Here's a taste of what it looks like:

[Image: numO3FIm.jpg]

This is a pretty large effort, so it will take me a while. If you'd like to follow my progress you can check out the commits on gitlab here. Cheers!

Nice!

Awesome.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Finally I will have something in my pants to impress the ladies.

^When you're squeezed in with people in tight places you can go like: "I swear to god it's just my dick".

TDM scoreboard in tight places:

[Image: 4PLLDRT.png]

Nice work on the new look. I like the minimalistic style and the new fonts. Looks a lot cleaner. Initially looking at it, the order of the information stood out as something a little odd. Just in my opinion, having the order be...

1) Player name
2) Last played
3) Wins
4) Recent games
5) Game types played
5)Weapon Accuracy
6) Weapon Damage

would seem a little more appealing.

Just a thought, but great work none the less.
[Image: 14402.png]

The recent games block is down near the bottom mainly because it masks the fact that the table doesn't update along with the game type you select up at the top. Everything else does. This is a gap that I'll address at some point in the future.

That's also the reason why the game types are listed along the top of the page - because the page updates its information depending on what you select!

(04-20-2015, 07:29 AM)Antibody Wrote: The recent games block is down near the bottom mainly because it masks the fact that the table doesn't update along with the game type you select up at the top. Everything else does. This is a gap that I'll address at some point in the future.

That's also the reason why the game types are listed along the top of the page - because the page updates its information depending on what you select!

Ahh I see. Makes sense
[Image: 14402.png]

Hiya everyone!

As of this morning you can view your Arc information in XonStat. It comes with some general improvements to the accuracy table as seen here:

[Image: 8adDH4P.png]

Additionally the Arc can now be seen in the accuracy charts on your player's page:

[Image: yx05ByE.png]

As a last bonus, while I was working on these updates I implemented a performance boost that makes the game info pages load 2x faster. Enjoy!

Nice job as usual Antibody
[Image: 38443.png]

Great work as always on Xonstat Antibody.

Something on Xonstat that I don't see shown when looking at past games played is deaths in CTF games.

It's there in other game types, but not in CTF. The column got replaced by caps, which I also want to see, but knowing how many times you died is still useful.

Also something I just noticed:

On Xonstat, the Kill ratio is shown to 2 decimal places, whereas in a signature block image it's shown to 3. Any chance we can show it to 3 (or more) decimal places on Xonstat?
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

Those two things you mentioned are concidered irrelevant by the majority of the community. You basically count only caps in ctf, and the thrid ddecimal sound like OCD to mee :-D I just had to say it. Sorry. Anti will have a more useful answer.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

What is shown in XonStat's game pages is intended to match what is shown in-game. CTF doesn't show deaths by default, so it isn't on the web. I round off decimals to two places all throughout the app. I don't see a compelling reason to change that!

Re: CTF - No problem. Just thought it would be a nice to have, since it still affects your kill ratio.

Re: Kill ratio 2 vs 3 decimal places: Just thought you'd want to be consistent with the graphic banner(s) people use in the forum (which come out of XonStat) and those that come out of XonStat's web interface.

BTW: How often do the static images used in banners update? I notice that there's currently about 8 hrs of playtime difference between my banner image stats and the live stats out of XonStat.

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

They do not update at all at the moment.

Sort of guessed that might be the case. No problem.

Some of you have noticed some new shiny things in XonStat. Here's the breakdown!

There's a new "versus" view that you can use to compare the duel status between two players. Check it out at stats.xonotic.org/versus. Right now it gives you an overall win/loss and a table of recent games. In the future I will expand this to include accuracy information and possibly frag counts. I do not plan to extend this to other modes besides duel (e.g. 1v1 CTF).

Players can now have medals for tournament placement. These medals are shown on their player info page like on Smilecythe's here. Medals are there for the top three participants (or teams). You can hover over the medal image itself to see what event it is for, and the month and year they earned the medal is on the bottom of the image (whose templates were created by the masterful hands of sev - thank you!). Right now I only have the most recent world cup participants loaded, but all past placeholders will soon have medals of their own too.

Enjoy and happy fragging!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XonStat turns 1! Antibody 13 12,028 10-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Last Post: harry_ftw
  XonStat FAQ Antibody 2 4,742 04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Antibody