Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic Quick Cup #5 (Duel/NA)

I am happy to announce the Xonotic North America Duel Cup #1. Over the past 2 weeks I have been speaking to players and admins, gathering input and preparing this tourney. It is open to anybody who would like to participate and will take place over the course of one afternoon.

Quick Facts:

Date: Saturday, June 2nd. 12:00 PM EDT (GMT-4).
1v1 XPM Deathmatch
Time Limit: 10 mins
Frag Limit: none
North American Servers
Admins: srkdy, nifrek
Skill Level: Any
Map Pool: Stormkeep, Drain, Downer_final, hub3aeroq3a_nex_r2, bloodrun_a2

The map pool was selected via an informal poll of active NA community members. The top 5 most answered maps are being used.

The Website for the Cup is http://xonna.tourney.cc (SIGN UP HERE)

Demos and VODs will be uploaded to my website, http://www.srkdy.com.

Can't wait to see the NA scene expand some more. Pretty hyped to see people getting better and attracting more of a crowd than the improv 2AM duel sessions srkdy and I like to do :>

east coast beast coast

[Image: 30505ouibleanp.gif]

Good news, am looking forward to see some nice matches! I hope this will boost the NA activity a bit, I already noticed some good fresh blood on the pickup channel.

Hopefully I can get good enough to be competitive by then :|

saturday, finally some party on saturday.

Ah damn, maybe i'll even sign up for this, why not, anyway.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

I'll sign up for the time being with the provision I'll be available for now.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

The duel cup is a little over a week away and we have 14 players signed up so far. All skill levels are welcome and there will be group stages so that people can play in multiple matches.

The players currently signed up are:
srkdy, bolwind, pclizard, mudkip, kojn, nifrek, Mirio, kuniuthefrogg, Necrophag1st, Osiris, DissoLves, azo.dub, Galtath, p1g_v3nom

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I can be found idling on IRC in the #xonotic.pickup channel @quakenet(send me a PM for me to see it), in-game on one of the north american duel/ctf servers, or just respond to this thread.

Right now, a common question that I get in-game is which version of Drain will be used in the mappool. I will be sticking with the original drain, as opposed to the drain_RE that is also available on my servers. The servers will be configured for the cup in such a way that when you get to the map voting screen, only the officially used maps will be listed to help avoid any confusion. 

How come your using the official version? Drain_RE been played quite a bit already, seems a bit backwards considering drain_RE was made in the first place to make the map better.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Id prefer drain re tbh

I'm not using drain_RE because I feel that it is too late to change the map pool. This map pool was selected by the community and drain, in its original form, was the second most voted map by NA players. I didn't want to use drain_RE based on first impressions alone, so I waited before making a decision. And now it's too late to change, so drain it is!

makes sense. If the votes for drain were for the original, then that's what it should be. Although....you could ask the 14 people signed up what version they would like. We do still have a week to decide. My vote is for Drain_RE.

Two more players have signed up, Loafers and Triaxen, giving us 16 total signups. Smile

It appears that the tourney.cc site is a little borked and people are unable to sign-up for an account. If you want to play and have yet to sign up, send me a PM on IRC and I'll manually add you to the list.

I'm srkdy on IRC and you can find me in #xonotic.pickup (quakenet).

http://xonna.tourney.cc/register/?next=/register/

?? Tongue

If there is no code just reload the page.

Quote:3.4 - Format: Group Stage + Single Elimination Playoffs

Can someone explain to me what that means? I have no idea how tournaments work Undecided

(06-01-2012, 02:07 PM)W4RP1G Wrote:
Quote:3.4 - Format: Group Stage + Single Elimination Playoffs

Can someone explain to me what that means? I have no idea how tournaments work Undecided

Sure thing. The way that it will work is that after the sign-ups and check-ins are done and I launch the tournament, the players will be broken up into groups of 4. You will play 1 match vs. everybody in your group and the top 2 people per group will advance to the bracket stage, aka playoffs.

Single Elimination refers to the concept that if you lose your match in the playoffs, you're out. Some tournaments run a double elimination where there is a lower bracket that you go to if you lose a match. If you lose another match in the lower bracket, then you're eliminated. (example of double elimination bracket)

Group Stage + Single Elimination Playoffs is the same format as the 2v2tdm cup, so check that site out to see how it all went down. (link)

Any further questions?

Oh ok, i get it now, sounds awesome. Thanks for the help!=

Will the live stream be avaliable? I currently ... sort of... lack Xonotic.

Check-ins are LIVE!

@Justin: Antibody will be streaming for a bit. Not sure how much will be streamed live but there will be vods afterwards on my youtube channel.

(06-02-2012, 10:03 AM)srkdy Wrote: Check-ins are LIVE!

@Justin: Antibody will be streaming for a bit. Not sure how much will be streamed live but there will be vods afterwards on my youtube channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/antibodyxon/

Grats nifrek!

Good matches all around and a lot of fun, with nifrek taking the cup.

And your winner is.... Nifrek!

Results:
1st place: [Image: caddjca.png] nifrek
2nd place: [Image: caddjca.png] srkdy
3rd/4th: [Image: us4ijl0.png] Bolwind, [Image: gbv1k53.png] kojn

Participants: nifrek, srkdy, bolwind, kojn, mudkip, zeroql, chryyz, p1g_v3n0m, Osiris, kuniuthefrogg, galtath, mirio

Thanks to everybody who participated and to those who helped out. Thanks to Antibody for taking time out of his day to cast some games for us.

To the players: please submit your demos to me by uploading them to a website (like ompldr.org) and send the download link to me via PM on IRC.

[group stage] [brackets]

Congrats to nifrek!

I'm smelling such a cup for EU soon.

Honorable mention: [Image: us4ijl0.png] Loafers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RJZ Xonotic Duel League 2023 h0tc0d3 0 964 11-30-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: h0tc0d3
  Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 15 7,147 02-02-2022, 03:06 AM
Last Post: hotdog
  MAP POLL for the Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 0 2,118 12-13-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: SpiKe
  ZenSports x RJZ 2v2 TDM cup #1 RazorDodger 0 1,215 08-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  Ranking Duel 1 Tournament | Xonotic League 20 Kotangens 3 2,538 01-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [FEFU] Xonotic LAN Duel Cup AriosJentu 1 2,157 10-12-2020, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  ZenSports mock Duel Cup kanyeshrayz 0 1,796 09-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
  ZenSports Xonotic Duel Cup 5.000.000 SPORTS prize. kanyeshrayz 2 4,162 09-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
Star DOXA TOURNAMENT - Xonotic 2020 DUEL CUP zeroql 24 15,999 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  3v3 CTF/Insta+Hook Cup Sl@va 7 5,417 03-03-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Sl@va