Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Xonotic Nationscup - Sign up here

The Australian players knew that they have to play with high ping when they signed up. Crazy stuff like playing on Japanese servers wont happen, an UK server should be a good compromise for EU vs oversea matches. NA as well as EU players usually got ping <100 there. That said, if you know anyone who can host a UK server, point him here please.

(07-07-2012, 12:18 AM)adem Wrote: i guess there is the only way to play those matches - Japanese servers, but ping will be 220-260, mb even higher.
The best idea for 2012, lol.

This will be interesting to see how combined teams actually are teaming up.
Scandinavia FTW!
#xonotic.fi

dieteK who is on the #xonotic and #xonotic.pickup channels, was running a UK server before I believe asyyy, you can ask him if he could host one for the NC.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Thanks to dieteK we will have a [Image: gb.gif] server! You can check your ping to mayhem.xannode.com.

Schedule:
Sign-ups close tomorrow 8 July 22 CEST!
Check-ins are open till 18 July 22 CEST -> http://www.esrepublic.com/forum/topic/34
First matchweek shall start on 28 July

Rules are online too: http://www.esrepublic.com/forum/topic/33

If you want to host a server (especially looking for [Image: ru.gif] and [Image: pl.gif]), drop a message here or contact me (asyyy) @ #xonotic.
I'm also looking for people to help out as co-admins.

Having to register an another account somewhere just to post a single comment unleashed extreme amounts if rage in me... Why can't we just have the captain vote here or in a separate thread if it's needed?
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Huh?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(07-07-2012, 10:46 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Having to register an another account somewhere just to post a single comment unleashed extreme amounts if rage in me... Why can't we just have the captain vote here or in a separate thread if it's needed?

Maybe cause esrupublic want some members and activity. Wink

Asyyy, please start a bit later with the matches. In the Netherlands A LOT of people including me are going on holiday now, and I won't be back at the start of the tourney (8thof August).

And I think I'm not the only one.

(07-07-2012, 10:46 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Having to register an another account somewhere just to post a single comment unleashed extreme amounts if rage in me... Why can't we just have the captain vote here or in a separate thread if it's needed?

Because we will use the tournament tool of esrepublic. Xonotic.org doesn't have a tournament tool. Also, Mr. Bugou will kill me if we have 20+ threads for the NC. A site like esrepublic that offers a tournament tool + integrated forum seems perfect for a tournament like the NC that runs over several months.
Really, before you rage or flame maybe try to think about how such a tournament can be organized.

(07-08-2012, 03:35 AM)Mepper Wrote: Asyyy, please start a bit later with the matches. In the Netherlands A LOT of people including me are going on holiday now, and I won't be back at the start of the tourney (8thof August).

I will start a poll for that.

We have enouh people, Benelux could play without him..?

In case that a player of your team is not available, you got different options:
- you can play without him (if you got a substitution)
- you can use your wildcard to reschedule the match without penalty

Btw, you got 2 weeks to play each round. If the tournament starts at July 28, you can play your match till (and including) August 11. So that should work for mepper. The question is if people prefer their rounds to run from Saturday to Saturday, or for example Wednesday to Wednesday.

(07-08-2012, 03:35 AM)Mepper Wrote: Asyyy, please start a bit later with the matches. In the Netherlands A LOT of people including me are going on holiday now, and I won't be back at the start of the tourney (8thof August).

Yep, same problem here, though I'll return the 4th. But if we have till the 11th that should be fine, at least for me.

I'm more likely to kill you if you misspell my nickname Tongue

But yeah, I guess it's better to do it with the tools on that other website. Still sucks that everybody has to register an account there. Maybe we can do all voting in a single thread, where everybody picks their choice for a leader in a single post? That could work, unless the vote has to be anonymous.

You don't register an account there only to post in those forums, but also to join the tournament. That includes creating, joining and managing of teams, seeding of teams, generating a tournament tree, submitting match results etc. If we don't use esrepublic for that, we would have to use another site like for example tourney.cc (you would have to register an account there too..). I wont do this all by hand in a single huge forum post/thread. That's crazy.

Wow. Go ahead, I said nothing. I thought it was just about the leader polls, I should have known better.

Actually I do it your way -> http://www.esrepublic.com/forum/topic/34
But it is required that everyone creates an account there (takes 2 minutes, just needs a valid email address, no need to fill in your real name) so they can form teams and join the tournament.

Okay, if it is not 22:00 CEST yet and there is no one else from Russia to fill 4-th player position, then I'll do...
Sign me in for team Russia.

(07-08-2012, 07:19 AM)asy7um Wrote: If we don't use esrepublic for that, we would have to use another site like for example tourney.cc (you would have to register an account there too..).

Does esrepublic or tourney support logging in through OpenID?
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(07-08-2012, 09:19 AM)asy7um Wrote: Actually I do it your way -> http://www.esrepublic.com/forum/topic/34
But it is required that everyone creates an account there (takes 2 minutes, just needs a valid email address, no need to fill in your real name) so they can form teams and join the tournament.

I don't wanna register on forums I might not use. Can someone else add me to the list please? I'll be playing for Romania.

(07-09-2012, 04:43 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: I don't wanna register on forums I might not use. Can someone else add me to the list please? I'll be playing for Romania.
The account is also used for team management and joining the tournament. Example: http://www.esrepublic.com/team/view/282

(07-08-2012, 11:35 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Does esrepublic or tourney support logging in through OpenID?
No, unless I've missed that option.

(07-09-2012, 04:43 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(07-08-2012, 09:19 AM)asy7um Wrote: Actually I do it your way -> http://www.esrepublic.com/forum/topic/34

I don't wanna register on forums I might not use. Can someone else add me to the list please? I'll be playing for Romania.

Me too! Me too!
[Image: metooresized.jpg]
But for Poland ofcourse!!!

Guys, is that the first time that you take part in an online tournament? You need to create an account so you can join a team, submit matchresult, get seeded etc. That forum post is only the very first step.

[Image: sweden_xonotic.png]

TEAM SWE

Come on guys ffs, asyyy has practically done everything for you. Set up servers, got the tourney on esrepublic and began the whole tournament up. All he's asked you to do is simply sign up on the forums/site and check-in and your complaining about doing that one simple thing, get a grip of yourselves!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Yeah, use a dummy email address if that's the problem. You need an account to track your progress in the tourney!

Also,
[Image: crUj5.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Nationscup has started! asyyy 112 82,514 12-21-2012, 03:51 AM
Last Post: kojn^