Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dude wtf

[Image: wtf.png]

I don't get it, why does the profile say "Playing Time: 3 days, 20:23:56" ?

(05-10-2012, 07:12 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I don't get it, why does the profile say "Playing Time: 3 days, 20:23:56" ?

"Playing Time" on player page refers to time played since that player started being tracked. On the front page it shows most active players from the last 7 days and how long they played during that period.

Oh okay. That's rather insane.

I have seen this player plenty on CTS servers too, which AFAIK is not even tracked at all at the moment.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

I've been off all week from work, and when I've been playing hihikaya has been on virtually nearly 100% of the time Big Grin
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

What nifrek said is true. And yes indeed, this person is online ALL the time Big Grin
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

That equals a playing time of more than 6 hours per day, average. And might spawn the idea to utilize the stats system for implementing mechanisms to prevent addiction... Like a big message "you have now been playing 8 hours per day on average for the last month. GET A LIFE!!!"
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(05-10-2012, 01:16 PM)Halogene Wrote: That equals a playing time of more than 6 hours per day, average. And might spawn the idea to utilize the stats system for implementing mechanisms to prevent addiction... Like a big message "you have now been playing 8 hours per day on average for the last month. GET A LIFE!!!"
Garry's mod has achievements for this sort of thing: "1 whole year of your life wasted"

Unlockable cookie?
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

If we are going to have achievements in the future, we definetely need one for: 'Time of your life wasted'. Bronze medal for a week, silver for a month, and gold for a year.

(05-10-2012, 01:16 PM)Halogene Wrote: That equals a playing time of more than 6 hours per day, average. And might spawn the idea to utilize the stats system for implementing mechanisms to prevent addiction... Like a big message "you have now been playing 8 hours per day on average for the last month. GET A LIFE!!!"

In Guild Wars, when you play too long, the server sends you a message saying something like "You have been playing for x hours. Please take a break."

Pretty funny Smile

Isn't it the player with my little pony model?

(05-11-2012, 04:40 AM)rafallus Wrote: Isn't it the player with my little pony model?

Yes, annoying voice of the model. :/

Big Grin good work
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

.png   +1.png (Size: 43.4 KB / Downloads: 193)

Although, it might feel really bad when all you feel like doing is playing and suddenly... the game picks on you.
But well, better fell bad now than 10 years later... maybe.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

how do we know its not like the MatrixTronGhostintheShellTheSimpsons and its a sentient program created in the sea of information of xonotic?

(05-10-2012, 02:33 PM)Mepper Wrote: If we are going to have achievements in the future, we definetely need one for: 'Time of your life wasted'. Bronze medal for a week, silver for a month, and gold for a year.

Looks like hihikaya gets the bronze right now. If I am correct in my predictions:

With avarge 6 hours per day it should take 84 days for hihikaya to get the silver one.

Good luck!Wink

hehehe I don't think players wasting time on this game will be much of a problem if it reaches the popularity that 2.3 and 2.4 did. This is mostly because the skill ceiling went so high up with the player count to the point that matches (particularly grapple hook CTF matches with normal weapons) got too intense and people (like me shockingly) would get worn down to the point of having to call it quits for the day after just a few hours. Get a life achievements would be pretty funny to implement though.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Lets have achievments but not arbitrary ones that take little to no skill to actually acomplish e.g. "first kill", "first death", "first suicide"

(06-12-2012, 06:22 PM).Danny. Wrote: Lets have achievments but not arbitrary ones that take little to no skill to actually acomplish e.g. "first kill", "first death", "first suicide"

I'd love to have achievements that were wacky, bizarre and actually quite suprising.

Wouldn't you have to code things in the engine in order to measure things like the 'longest shot' or the 'longest time spent running' though?