Create an account

Poll: What do you thik of this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good Idea!
42.86%
6 42.86%
Bad Idea!
42.86%
6 42.86%
I don't care!
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SUGGESTION] Replay of frags @ end

Photo 
in the end of the map there could be in the foreground the ranking like it is in nexuiz but in the background a replay of the frags (maybe of the best players) maybe with some gaussian blur.
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I think that's much better than getting stuck and can not move!
MY NOOB STATS:

It might be ok in a later release, but if you read this thread: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=254 they talk about buffers and things that I don't really understand yet, but what I did get out of the whole deal is that a feature like this would slow down the servers. You've got to save the replays somewhere and link them together cohesively and thats a whole bunch of code that for the most part I don't think people will want to write in their free time.

I'm not saying that this is an idea that should never come to fruition though, it would look pretty in a later release. But there are bigger fish to fry right now in the minds of the developers.
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

I dunno if this is easily done. Instead, I suggest this: The winning team is taken to a small cube map and placed inside, given all weapons and infinite ammo. They then tk the hell out of each other. The losing team is spectating and voting on maps. The winning team can tk, spec and vote, or spec and vote, then tk.

I'd say that something much simpler is in order.

Just move the camera of each player to view the winning teams flag. It means we dont have to record anything or load a small box map etc.

Thumbs Up 
(04-17-2010, 12:57 PM)Sepelio Wrote: I'd say that something much simpler is in order.

Just move the camera of each player to view the winning teams flag. It means we dont have to record anything or load a small box map etc.

This is a nice idea, which likely won't be hard to code Rolleyes

In DM/TDM, the client could start recording as the second last frag is made. It could then replay the final seconds of that recording at the end of the match, to show the 'winning frag'.

An alternative could be the camera panning out and showing the entire map from a predefined viewpoint, possibly with a map overlay showing the locations of all players on the map. This could avoid recording anything.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

yes that's a good idea, but if you are outside the skybox with the cam it would be bad!!!
MY NOOB STATS:

incorporation of such things would be about as difficult, but the idea is very good so i vote yes

I think this will need some big code changes. But also seems the feature is very important, and can be reused for a number of "game enhancing" things. I suggest to start implementing it, It will take long (maybe) to be ready, but once is finished will be a great adition.

The change could be along these lines:
The server could have a buffer with a serverside "dem" (serverside dem's contains the status of all entities). The server can work in two modes: realtime... the normal mode, the client updates are based on the current state of the server; delayed (5 seconds), the server use the "dem" data to update the state of the clients.
Two clients could be in delayed mode, and will be watching the exact same timestamp frame. But his screens will be different, because the camera will be in different positions.

All other mathematical calculations can substantially degrade game performance and network communication, the final teaser can be realized by effect video trailers of the game like avi org ogg, this way can to avoid the additional problems and performance game

but they must be placed in the pk3 file and it would take longer to download them. Sad
MY NOOB STATS:

(04-19-2010, 07:55 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: but they must be placed in the pk3 file and it would take longer to download them. Sad

yes,.dem file size is very small and thus the speed of today's no problem to upload and modify these demos directly from the ftp server but integration into the directory xonotic is also a solution Smile

I like the camera looks at flag idea.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(04-20-2010, 04:31 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: I like the camera looks at flag idea.

+1

It sounds cool, but I think it's impossible to program such a thing.
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] x Frags Left should come before other announcements gd 0 1,376 06-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: gd
Video [SUGGESTION] Instant Slow-mo? Replay MkThUnderwd 10 10,613 02-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Frags per death nowego4 18 18,818 09-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Contrarian