Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] added colour options?

I was just sitting around and then it comes to me.
Why not have extra colour options for your weapons? Say your skin is blue and purple, but you want you guns to be red and black. While also on this subject, could it be at all a possibility to have a colour slider to make specific colour adjustments to yourself so you stand out from someone who has the same colours as you?

I also wish that this feature will be included. And talking about player colours, I´m missing grey!

(05-23-2012, 11:49 AM)Reaku Wrote: I was just sitting around and then it comes to me.
Why not have extra colour options for your weapons? Say your skin is blue and purple, but you want you guns to be red and black. While also on this subject,
Good idea.

(05-23-2012, 11:49 AM)Reaku Wrote: could it be at all a possibility to have a colour slider to make specific colour adjustments to yourself so you stand out from someone who has the same colours as you?
Is this in a team game, like CTF, CA, KH etc and you want to be a different shade of red, blue, yellow or pink?

Hmm, thinking about the player skin colour picker options. There are only a few colours available. Expanding the player skin colour gamut would be a good idea.

I love the idea. I'm down for lots of customization, just so long as the force player model/color setting remains.

Speaking of player colors, has anyone else messed with the player color cvar and made their colors constantly change? I think i set "_cl_color" "SPOILER! CLICK TO REVEIL!" or something and it did that. Is this intentional, and can other players see my changing skin color in game?

[spoiler]Hahahaha, did you really click it?! Big Grin[/spoiler]

Congratulations! You've found an easter egg! Big Grin
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

lol!!

Actually yes, that is a good idea, as long as the custom colours don't go completely down to black, then the colours should be changeable for teams to make each player unique in their own way.

Another thought that just came through is possible colour change for weapons when you shoot them, like letting you fire a different colour Nex shot?

I think shirt/pants colors are part of legacy quake code. This would need some deep-ish changes in the engine code. Just grepping at the DP source for shirt or pants returns quite a lot of matches.

RGB color would be another big change to implement for the same reason.

Maybe it's possible to do with csqc clients and some minimal engine tinkering though, I have no idea.

(05-23-2012, 12:08 PM)Maddin Wrote: And talking about player colours, I´m missing grey!

A long time ago in nexuiz before a lot of servers started using fullbright and forced playermodels/colors, everyone was running around as a gray marine. Why? Because it blended into the background on every single map and it was really hard to hit. At the least, anyone that remembers the old CCC and PB minsta servers can tell you how bad it was.

I can live without gray. I had enough of the stupid gray marine fad.
[Image: optsig.png]

Well nowadays you can force the enemy model and colors to your own model and color client-side. This is absolutely great since if you want to have everybody extremely visible, you'll have to have the fullbright model yourself and will be visible to everybody too.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

If colours were defined in HSI colour space and only the hue could be changed then all colours available would have the same effective brightness (avoiding psychovisual issues and any background colour). Then you could have 256 colours available. This isn't a serious proposal but hey...
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Well when looking at colours you have 3 things to constantly think about, that being Hue, Saturation, and Value on top of the already existing R, B and, G sets.
In this case, i would think that a traditional binary colour number with the optional colour slider would work best, but again, it's how well it can be implemented into the game itself without bogging it down, which i highly doubt would be the case, it's just a lot of work to do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,882 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] Advanced Options tweaks that should maybe be default Lee_Stricklin 16 18,588 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Last Post: edh
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Noob friendly options rad dj flimflam 20 17,517 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Last Post: hutty